Lorenzo: "Ronda is making millions of dollars per fight".

ufc 168 was 1.000.000 buys PPV

if every buy she got 3 dollars than her second fight she earned millions outside of sponsors.

I made another post based on her last fight which was 400k, she only got 495kish in ppv bonuses if the Randy Couture model is used.

This is gonna upset Uriah Hall even more.

8vq.gif

The early reports were 300-400. It's a decent amount for what was proclaimed to be pretty much the worst PPV of all time, by some people here.
GSP:s cards did on average about double that. So if he made 4-5 million per fight, it would make sense that she is making 1-2 million, even for that card.

I wouldn't agree that Ronda is making 1-2 million for that.

http://www.mma-manifesto.com/ufc-ppv-data/top-selling-ufc-ppvs-of-all-time.html

Let's say she is in the upper limit of 400k for her last PPV. That still wouldn't put her in the top 20 of PPV's.

All of the stuff being UFC says about Ronda is going from being taken with a grain of salt to being taken with a pound of salt.

The only number I was able to find, for sure, is that link I posted before: It was Dana saying Ronda McMann gate would be at least or at 2 million, and he was shocked when the number came back at 1.5 million.

That's a solid figure that shows UFC isn't accurate on what they say about her and they are really just trying to push Ronda.

Ok...?

If my cat were to take a shit on the floor next to me, I'd care more about that pile of steaming feline shit more than how much money Ronda makes.

Thanks for sharing and thanks for giving this Ronda thread your attention :)

the UFC can obviously pay their fighters whatever they want. is it fair? depends on who you ask, but sitting around and complaining wont change anything.

personally, i think it sucks really hard for the lower fighters in the UFC who are on 8/8 contracts, while some fighters make 10 times that for just showing up. combined with the fact that undercard fights dont usually get bonuses, makes for an uphill battle financially for anyone who wants to make a career out of this. i dont think rousey is worth the (supposed) millions she is earning by fighting. i dont think silva or gsp were worth the millions they were making, but i will concede that they should obviously make a good chunk more than the average fighter.

but hey, i dont make the decisions on how much to pay fighters, so whatever. not really my problem to figure out

Kinda makes you guys want to pay all the money to follow the sport, right?

Dat Ronda Rousey Money.....

....Playboy!!!!

Ronda works hard and earned her money. Let haters hate all day-no one cares.

so what hard evidence are you presenting? we going off of Randy Couture's old contract?

you sure she's getting the same PPV points (if at all) as GSP?

Hard evidence? This is not a court of law. It's all speculation and conjecture based on available data. She is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, cross-over mma stars, and from what I've read has a pretty aggressive/effective agent.

I wouldn't agree that Ronda is making 1-2 million for that.

http://www.mma-manifesto.com/ufc-ppv-data/top-selling-ufc-ppvs-of-all-time.html

Let's say she is in the upper limit of 400k for her last PPV. That still wouldn't put her in the top 20 of PPV's.

All of the stuff being UFC says about Ronda is going from being taken with a grain of salt to being taken with a pound of salt.

The only number I was able to find, for sure, is that link I posted before: It was Dana saying Ronda McMann gate would be at least or at 2 million, and he was shocked when the number came back at 1.5 million.

That's a solid figure that shows UFC isn't accurate on what they say about her and they are really just trying to push Ronda.

You are not making much sense. What does where she places in the top 20 matter?
What matters is the specifics of her contract, and when PPV-points start kicking in, if you wanna get technical.
Also, you have to factor in the two fights prior, one at 425ish and the other close to a million. If she got PPV points for the last one, she would have been making bank.

The shock sounded to me more like he was misremembering, not that it was less than expected.
Why should it be taken with a grain of salt, more than any other figure? The GSP figure is correct, according to the man himself.

I made another post based on her last fight which was 400k, she only got 495kish in ppv bonuses if the Randy Couture model is used.

$495000 + $110000(win/show) + sponsors + locker room bonuses = millions, bro. anywhere between $2 million to $999 million.

and yet Renan Barao makes $11k to show/$11k to win vs Urijah an event before in a title fight...woohoo!

and they say women have a glass ceiling...lol.

is Ronda bringing in 5x as many eyes to the UFC...way more than likely. is she 5x as talented or 5x as compelling to watch as Barao? not in my eyes but im just one of many fans.

i like watching skill, not just dudes with red mohawks. Ronda is skilled but WMMA doesnt have the high level of competition to warrant these main card spots. sex sells in the end though...

Hard evidence? This is not a court of law. It's all speculation and conjecture based on available data. She is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, cross-over mma stars, and from what I've read has a pretty aggressive/effective agent.

thats hilarious...you were just accusing me of insinuations when youre doing the same thing yourself. so what is your available data then? that Lorenzo and Dana said so?

what are the terms of her contract? ahh, thats right...you dont know either.

She's a big star, and with a pay-per-view cut + sponsors, that doesn't surprise me at all. I figured she makes a shitload of money every fight.

$495000 + $110000(win/show) + sponsors + locker room bonuses = millions, bro. anywhere between $2 million to $999 million.

and yet Renan Barao makes $11k to show/$11k to win vs Urijah an event before in a title fight...woohoo!

and they say women have a glass ceiling...lol.

is Ronda bringing in 5x as many eyes to the UFC...way more than likely. is she 5x as talented or 5x as compelling to watch as Barao? not in my eyes but im just one of many fans.

i like watching skill, not just dudes with red mohawks. Ronda is skilled but WMMA doesnt have the high level of competition to warrant these main card spots. sex sells in the end though...

thats hilarious...you were just accusing me of insinuations when youre doing the same thing yourself. so what is your available data then? that Lorenzo and Dana said so?

what are the terms of her contract? ahh, thats right...you dont know either.

barao doesn't make 11k. you don't know what you're talking about.

You are not making much sense. What does where she places in the top 20 matter?
What matters is the specifics of her contract, and when PPV-points start kicking in, if you wanna get technical.
Also, you have to factor in the two fights prior, one at 425ish and the other close to a million. If she got PPV points for the last one, she would have been making bank.

The shock sounded to me more like he was misremembering, not that it was less than expected.
Why should it be taken with a grain of salt, more than any other figure? The GSP figure is correct, according to the man himself.

UFC 168 holds very little weight, relative to Ronda. If that's what the figure Lorenzo is basing it off, then it's skewed.

People primarily ordered 168 for Weidman Silva II, no doubt.

She has a grand total of 3 UFC fights and one of those was, even though I didn't care for the fight nor have I seen it, on one of the biggest rematches in UFC history.

That may be her number (1-2 million) but it's skewed via Anderson Weidman. That's why I'm saying she's not as big a star as UFC is making her out to be.

If her stand alone fights (157 and 169) were the basis, which is more accurate to Ronda's star power, she wouldn't be making close to that much.

I clearly stated in my original post that there's no way the UFC pays her that much for EACH fight, which is what Lorenzo was implying. Obviously 168 was anomaly with arguably the biggest fight of the year and the last time in a while the UFC got that many buys.

She probably does make 2m per fight including sponsors but should Lorenzo be implying that the UFC pays her that much on a regular basis? Probably not.

Back