Lorenzo: "Ronda is making millions of dollars per fight".

That's a big FU to Nate, Chris, and all the other fighters claiming the UFC pays coolie wages and provides few opportunities

We take of our tin foil hats and use common sense?

well, this debate is all hypothetical anyways as nobody on either side of the argument has any actual figures. i just use Sherdog to sharpen up my debate skills. then again, im probably doing myself a disservice but lower my level to the average poster here but gotta get my sparring in somewhere.

or should I just believe Lorenzo and Dana?

how would we know that? the one card she had to carry (170) never got its buy rate "leaked"...interesting coincidence.

To be clear, the main source for most ppv #s on the internet is Dave Meltzer. His #s are never "leaked." They are guesses based on certain ppv providers he gets information from.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/2...-gate-for-ufc-170-ronda-rousey-vs-sara-mcmann

I hear the PPV buy rate for UFC 170 was 300k.

If that report is accurate, Ronda isn't that big of a draw.

The early reports were 300-400. It's a decent amount for what was proclaimed to be pretty much the worst PPV of all time, by some people here.
GSP:s cards did on average about double that. So if he made 4-5 million per fight, it would make sense that she is making 1-2 million, even for that card.

well, this debate is all hypothetical anyways as nobody on either side of the argument has any actual figures. i just use Sherdog to sharpen up my debate skills. then again, im probably doing myself a disservice but lower my level to the average poster here but gotta get my sparring in somewhere.

or should I just believe Lorenzo and Dana?

So, insinuation and conspiracy theories is what you think debating consists of? Ok then.

Well, it's pretty sad that a fighter like A-Gus cant even afford a porsche 10 fights into his UFC carrer, or that a fighter like Chris Leben retires and not even a month after his retirement says that he has no money left.

Gus should be driving a Volvo.

On topic: Fertitta shouldn't make statements he isn't willing to back up.

242.gif

The early reports were 300-400. It's a decent amount for what was proclaimed to be pretty much the worst PPV of all time, by some people here.
GSP:s cards did on average about double that. So if he made 4-5 million per fight, it would make sense that she is making 1-2 million, even for that card.

So, insinuation and conspiracy theories is what you think debating consists of? Ok then.

so what hard evidence are you presenting? we going off of Randy Couture's old contract?

you sure she's getting the same PPV points (if at all) as GSP?

So this is why main card fighters and some co-main like Pat Cummins makes 8k, so they can give rousey all the locker room bonus money and Pat cummins gets a $15 starbucks gift card that expires in 6 months. SMH

If she's making millions of dollars it's because she's the face of WMMA and has a shit load of sponsors, there's no way in hell the UFC is paying her that much.

Not that there's anything wrong with that but I can guarantee people will come into this thread and say things like: 'And people say the UFC pays nothing' etc.

ufc 168 was 1.000.000 buys PPV

if every buy she got 3 dollars than her second fight she earned millions outside of sponsors.

To all those jumping and down pointing at 170's ESTIMATED buy-rate (while neglecting to mention her initial co-main got scratched). 170 still beat 169. So yes, relative to her gender and weight class, she is a great PPV draw.

To all those jumping and down pointing at 170's ESTIMATED buy-rate (while neglecting to mention her initial co-main got scratched). 170 still beat 169. So yes, relative to her gender and weight class, she is a great PPV draw.

great PPV draw isnt enough, considering she's the UFC's biggest star.

interesting how her previous two cards were more stacked than this and she did bigger numbers but when she had to carry a card on her own...well, we dont know because the numbers arent out.

Ok...?

If my cat were to take a shit on the floor next to me, I'd care more about that pile of steaming feline shit more than how much money Ronda makes.

This is gonna upset Uriah Hall even more.

I notice when he mentioned Fox Sports One they had an odd look on their faces. I am sure they where thinking is that Rupert Murdoch owned network? LOL They then proceeded to check their cellphones briefly! :)

Back