Lord of the Rings queries (LOTR brahs get in here)

I just remember googling lots of LOTR trivia one night and got sucked in. Another thing that seemed to be the consensus:

Gimli would dick on Thorin with ease.

Just googled. Gimli did indeed out kill Legolas at Helms Deep in the books but in the movies Legolas kills about 5 fools before Gimlis slow was can even move

Thorin was a punk. Glad the consensus is Gimli >

More on Legolas: His greatest feat on the books, was shooting down one of the Nazgul's chupacabras with a single arrow, while it was flying, and at night.
Other than that, he was just a support character to represent elves.
Just like Gimli was for dwarves.

By the way, dwarves suck. They are like greedy, furry, rude midgets who dwell on holes.

Also about #5, TS. Chris Tolkien owns the copyrights for nearly all the remaining material and he's not about to give it up. It's not a question of money, it's a question of loyalty to his father's work.

He was displeased with both LOTR and The Hobbit.
Elves are kind off superior to most in a the books if I recall. And Legolas and Gimli do have that contest, but I don't remember who won in the book.

Above answered well

The go to the west, which is symbolic of heaven. Sam goes, too, when his time is up.

radagast is in the hobbit movie more than any of the books.

I hope not. The only thing left is the Silmarillion, which I love, but it's more of a history than a story. There was at least 1 elf more powerful, Gilga-lad, but probably not as powerful as Galadriel.
GIl-Galad was an elven King
Of him the harpers sadly sing
The last whose realm was fair and free
Between the mountains and the sea

Feanor is considered the most powerful elf ever. He crafted the Silmarils and never listened to Melkor. In fact, it was him who dubbed Melkor Morgoth, The Dark enemy, after he stole the Silmarils. Gil-Galad and Feanor both share an ancestry with Finwe: he was Feanor's father and Gil-Galad grand-grand-grandfather.

Last edited:
More on Legolas: His greatest feat on the books, was shooting down one of the Nazgul's chupacabras with a single arrow, while it was flying, and at night.
Other than that, he was just a support character to represent elves.
Just like Gimli was for dwarves.

By the way, dwarves suck. They are like greedy, furry, rude midgets who dwell on holes.

I agree about dwarves, especially the ones from The Hobbit movie. I actually wanted Thorin to lose by the end of the movies (kind of in the book too but in the movies he was a real greedy disrespectful and unappreciative A-hole.

I agree about dwarves, especially the ones from The Hobbit movie. I actually wanted Thorin to lose by the end of the movies (kind of in the book too but in the movies he was a real greedy disrespectful and unappreciative A-hole.
Really is not so much him,or the other dwarves...as it is the movie(s) being too long for the thin story.
They coulda easily did two two-hours movies instead of three Three-hour movies. They had to waste time like a motherfucker with stupid nonessential stuff in these movies.

The hobbit was a travesty . Lotr was much more epic
I enjoy the first one,the rest are almost completley forgettable except for Smaug the Defiler and Azog.

Really is not so much him,or the other dwarves...as it is the movie(s) being too long for the thin story.
They coulda easily did two two-hours movies instead of three Three-hour movies. They had to waste time like a motherfucker with stupid nonessential stuff in these movies.
It should have been 2 movies at the most, and that is to accommodate Dol Guldur (although the best Dol Guldur battle happens during the War of the Ring, not the Hobbit).

Who thought it was a good idea to give this character so much screen time????

main-qimg-0ec8895e8723a671cbf8a263ddc2e088

Something that saddens me is that we may never see movies - in our lifetime - about some of the other epics of Tolkien.
Like the story of Turin Turambar, the sons of Hurin, Beren and Luthien, the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, the Fall of Gondolin, Fingolfin With that look on his eye vs SHW Melkor... they are far more epic with better characters than LOTR or The Hobbit.
But the Tolkien state refuses to sell the rights. They should just take the millions of dollars NOW instead of waiting for their children or grand children to sell them for crack or crocodil in some decades.
They should put a clause where the script has to be approved by their Rivendel Council AND Peter Jackson cannot be the director.
NAO. DO IT NAO.

YOUR HEROES ARE ALL GONE NOW!!!!

20258386_1926794520914934_3702492966449078895_n.jpg

GONE I SAY!!!!

20246469_10214045947889643_3345365391011375546_n.jpg

Back