Looks like Rashad is in Jersey now...

The Machida era that lasted one fight. What an era <Oku02>He was saying Machida isn't at 185, which he is. Unless I missed something big time.
IMO the Machida also includes his UFC run up to the title. Not only was he undefeated, but he had not lost a single round! And had a perfect takedown defense record.

The Machida era that lasted one fight. What an era <Oku02>He was saying Machida isn't at 185, which he is. Unless I missed something big time.
When I tried reading again the exchanges, I understand why the confusion. They fought at lhw. They're both at mw now. You have to catch the "is" and "was".

tumblr_mtcunpAdL51r4gei2o2_400.gif

Not the biggest fan of Shad or Machida. But that rematch has to happen. #STINKYLEG2.0

IMO the Machida also includes his UFC run up to the title. Not only was he undefeated, but he had not lost a single round! And had a perfect takedown defense record.

Yeah, I remember the Machida era. People treated him like a puzzle. Forrest ducked him. Anderson was saying he was getting beat by him in sparring. Chuck didn't want to fight him.

The first Shogun fight was beautiful.

Machida is a legend.

Pretty sure we've had this discussion before lol. I believe an era in mma, is as champion. Aldo, Anderson, Fedor, hell even Jones. You have your opinion on what an era is, I have mine.

Pretty sure we've had this discussion before lol. I believe an era in mma, is as champion. Aldo, Anderson, Fedor, hell even Jones. You have your opinion on what an era is, I have mine.
officially yeah, but Machida had this invincible aura back then. We really thought he was the living embodiment of all those martial arts myths come to life.

officially yeah, but Machida had this invincible aura back then. We really thought he was the living embodiment of all those martial arts myths come to life.
Nothing wrong with that. We all have our fandom. I thought Anderson would retire from the UFC with 25 title defenses and undefeated. That didn't happen<mma1>

Always rooting for Rashad.. he's one of the guys that got me into watching the sport. I'm not a fighter, I'm not a career advisor, I just hope the guy kicks some ass if he continues to keep fighting. It might be the one thing that drives him to get up everyday and even if the body might be giving out the spirit is still there obviously.. it would seriously be an amazing moment to see Shad get in some wild exchanges and drop some fools and just pull the damn trigger before it's to late..

Hopefully he's just hanging out & helping....maybe joining the team in a coach/adviser capacity. I don't wanna see him fight again. He's a complete shell & he has so much to offer in other areas. He has such a great personality & sense of humor. I'd hate to see him compromise his long term health....

Back