Looking to trim fat

Beef jerky is a far better snack -- but, if that floats your boat...

Beef jerky is a far better snack -- but, if that floats your boat...

If jerky wasn't so expensive(particularly turkey jerky), I would indeed buy a shit load and eat that instead since it has tons of protein and hardly any carbs(and tastes better). But it's like $1 per ounce.

225 this morning. My belt finally fits me again. Good thing too because the size 38 pants I bought a couple of months ago are way too big and will fall to the ground if I don't pull them up constantly.

Experimenting with my tuna after reading this forum. Today it tasted great. I put some mustard on it, a little lime juice, and a dash of cinnamon. Then I put it on a bell pepper. Even without the bell pepper it tasted good.

I weighed just under 223 this morning. Not sure what my true weight is, but I assume it's under 226. Decent for being 240 at the beginning of the year.

Since mid January I don't think I've consumed over 2000 calories in a day. Some mexican food sounds good for a nice cheat meal.

I've been at 222 for the past few days. I'm on a decent pace I think.

Been sick for the past few days. I haven't been eating ideally. Just too lazy to cook. Down to 219 though...

have you tried having 1 serving of cheerios instead of 2? replacing the 2nd serving with fruit instead?

switch to balsamic vinegarette from the italian dressing as well?

but i'm sure you will come up with something else - like you said, this is only temporary until your current stock runs out.

have you tried having 1 serving of cheerios instead of 2? replacing the 2nd serving with fruit instead?

switch to balsamic vinegarette from the italian dressing as well?

but i'm sure you will come up with something else - like you said, this is only temporary until your current stock runs out.

My cheerios ran out a while ago. Since 3-15 I've been eating the same breakfast: 2 servings plain oatmeal with fruit, almonds, dash of cinnamon, and flax seeds.

As for the dressing, that ran out too so I really just have been not using any dressing any time I eat a salad. I'll look into the balsamic vinaigrette though.

Well I hit my goal of 210. 30 lbs. in a little over 3 months is decent I guess. I think I'm going to lose a few more pounds though. I still have some love handles and whatnot. I'll go to 200 and see what I feel like. I doubt I'll go below 190. It just depends. BMI says ideally, I should be at 170 but that just seems too low for my height and build.

I wish I knew now back then when I started losing weight in January. Not only with ditching carbs and eating cleaner, but just knowing what foods I like. Part of it was my financial situation, but I still had to experiment with a lot of things to find out what would keep me eating right.

BMI is a way to tell fat people how fat they are. Arnold Schwarzenegger would be seriously obese on a BMI chart when he's in contest shape, but no-one could say he was fat.

Yeah I'm not too worried about my BMI. The last time I was at 175/180 I was passing out in the heat or if I heavily exerted myself. But back then I was eating completely shitty and barely eating at all. So 180 might actually be good. We'll see what happens.

Finally found stuff I like to eat. My diet is so much better than from early on. I wouldn't say it's really great or anything but I don't think it's too bad. I could probably use a little more protein. While I continue to lose weight, I'm probably done with this log unless anyone has some tips on improving the below diet. I think I plan on eating similar to this for a while.

Changed multi to Source of Life

Breakfast - Steel Cut oats w/ blueberries, cinnamon, flaxseed
Snack - Green beens, tomatoes, walnuts
Lunch - Chicken and spinach
Snack - Grass fed jerkey, green beens
Dinner - Tuna with salsa, spinach. And yogurt with a few pomegranate seeds.
Snack - Tomatoes, almond butter

Good luck with your goals. The diet definitely looks better.

As a person cutting weight myself, always watch sodium intake. Sodium makes your body retain fluids. Only takes in extra sodium after extreme workouts to replace the ones you've lost.(along with electrolytes).

As a person cutting weight myself, always watch sodium intake. Sodium makes your body retain fluids. Only takes in extra sodium after extreme workouts to replace the ones you've lost.(along with electrolytes).

I used to when I was eating lean cuisines and shitty jerky. But now most everything I eat hardly has any sodium at all. I actually try and add salt to a lot of stuff because my intake is pretty low.

BTW, down to 193. My belly is getting smaller. lol

Back