looking to buy a gaming PC

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by 90three, Jun 27, 2018.

1. 90three

90three Banned Banned

dont plan on building my own. any recommendations for a good gaming PC that is not only high quality but within the $1k-$2k range?

GearSolidMetal likes this.
  2. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

IBuyPower

catzilla and PoundMeToo like this.
  3. psyops

psyops Banned Banned

I have this one and its great

4. Rational Poster

Rational Poster Scourge of the War Room

OriginPC if you have money... but you said $1-2K so probably not good for you.

5. PoundMeToo

PoundMeToo Gold Belt

Ibuypower.com is the way to go

catzilla and GearSolidMetal like this.
  6. X-Pac Rules

X-Pac Rules MAKE SOME NOISE.

7. method115

method115 Steel Belt

Yea looks like building is still the better way IMO. Especially if you can wait and buy parts when they go on sale. I did find a nice RX 580 system for $600 for my cousin at Microcenter but it's the only deal even remotely close to that. I can't find anything similar to that.

8. rob mafia

rob mafia Purple Belt

building or ibuypower.

personally, if possible, i'd wait a bit. gpu prices seem to be coming back down to earth and the newer cpus look impressive. but i also like amd, so ymmv.

9. GearSolidMetal

@Madmick, are there any great deals for a gaming pc right now, or would you recommend waiting for the holidays?

10. GhostZ06

GhostZ06 Steel Belt

this !

Rational Poster likes this.
  11. OCGSC

OCGSC Blue Belt

pcpartpicker

12. empsim

empsim Purple Belt

you should really consider building

its super easy, no tech knowledge required at all. just watch a youtube guide.

Swing likes this.
  13. ObsoleteSoul

ObsoleteSoul Silver Belt

Managing at the "No Hassle Nipple Tassel Castle"
    Yeah man, it is so damn easy now compared to the past. It's a glorified Lego set

14. GearSolidMetal

@90three

Seems like you have two respectable choices.

1. IBuyPower.

2. Build your own.

15. THEfightsAREfixed

THEfightsAREfixed Orange Belt

Any significant difference between prebuilt offerings such as Ibuypower, origin, cyber power, etc?

16. Losfer Words

Losfer Words Purple Belt

There is a local shop in my town that does builds at a reasonable price. They always have a decent budget gamer for $600-$700. Building is damn easy but upgrading is even easier so dropping in more ram, a new cpu or gpu is no harder than making toast.

Swing likes this.
  17. Madmick

Madmick Scholar of Taghaza Staff Member Senior Moderator

I'll assume that you aren't buying used. eBay has tons of great prices on gamer builds being resold, and also on new units.
    The last has probably the best hardware engineering/design of any pre-build on the market.

Right now Slickdeals are popping off. You'll notice HP is liquidating Omens, Acer is liquidating Predators, and Dell is liquidating a bunch of their unbranded gaming builds to make way for the new NVIDIA cards set to launch in Q3 2018.
    ($1090) Dell Inspiron Desktop: i7-8700, 8GB GTX 1070, 256GB SSD, 16GB DDR4

You can customize this as if you built it yourself using their configurators on their websites. If you do this make sure to use the forum's aid in component selection. You must take advantage of certain component sales to stay competitive with pricing, but if gives you a lot more choice, especially with options that affect the aesthetics like the case.
    https://www.ibuypower.com/
    https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  18. JohnOates

JohnOates Orange Belt

I'd wait a couple of months when the new 11 series GPUs come out.
    You have a decent budget and could get a killer rig.

19. 90 50

90 50 Black Belt

I’m starting research for building right now, I’m learning very quickly how little I know about computers anymore.

Researching just processors for example it seems there are about 50 iterations of each one i3/5/7, and trying to learn what’s important on each and how that translates to what they will do.

I’ve just decided I’m gonna dive deep into the rabbit hole because
    A) I need another computer
    B) While I know I’m behind the times frankly I’m shocked at how far, I need to catch up to not become the “how do you turn this on/get off my lawn guy

Have fun, if you don’t care at all about building your own, on your local craigslist you should be able to find a multitude of guys doing builds in your area and used offerings for substantial savings.

JohnOates likes this.
  20. JoshTehV

JoshTehV Yellow Belt

I built my first pc with scrap parts when I was 10 without any knowledge know how, or google. You should be able to as well. If you can put lego sets together you can build a pc. If you think you are not capable then I suggest you stick to consoles. I could easily build all those setups for like a 1/3 the cost, and ibuypower are some the biggest ripp off prebuilts I ve ever seen. If you like being spoonfed buy a prebuilt, if you like applying your brain and learning new things than build a system save money and learn a technical skill in the process, although its hardly technical, you could make money setting up pcs for your buddies.

Yo man , all you would have to do is literally google the difference between new iX and old iX and there are detailed stickys all over the internet that state the difference in architecture and performance gains between processors, and graphics cards if you search for the right things. If you aren't legally retarded you should be able to figure out what you want.