Looking for sponsorship (Long read)

Aleksandar Stojkovic

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Hello everyone. This may be wrong place to ask for any support but i am in bad situation so i'll explain in my post now that whats going on and why i try to get any kind of sponsorship. Exacly after 4 years or so my friend suggested me to watch Cro Cops Documentary movie which i didnt accepted at first. One night i was bored and started to watch,that was the moment i fall in love with this sport. I made of my garage gym for myself to train solo,made one bag and started with training. Unfortunately in my town where i live we dont have any combat sport to go and learn something,so my coach was youtube, no joke. I was watching and trying to do same,i knew nothing but i had dream to be fighter. Nobody was near me to say "Hey,you are doing this right,or change it this wont work" till once. After year and half of self training there was one tournament i saw on facebook. I have asked promoter if i could get chance to see what i can do,is this for me. He accepted me and asked name of my gym. My answer was not what he expeced,i am training alone in my gym,i wont have anyone in my corner but i really wish to have chance to fight. As he said there was 4 more people from "Street" who tried to join it but he only accepted me. I Fought Romanian guy who had everything i every wanted,and he lost by decision. That promoter (now my coach) invited me in their gym to come and traing , i'll have everything i need to became a good fighter,champion. After speaking with father he gaved me some help,but not for long. Their gym is 35km far from my house,so i had to pay to go there and train. At begining it was 3 times weekly,after 2 months i went to National Championship and took Silver medal, i didnt lost in final match cuz it didnt happend.. i was injuried. 2011 i had 7 fights. 6 wins and one loss after 6 months of training. Then everything in my world crushed. I had Brain stroke in November and my left side of body was paralized,it was because of my heart. I had hole in my heart,and needed open heart surgery asap. In February 2012. I had open heart surgery and long pause from this sport. I though i'll lose motivation in all this,and everything , you know. It was really bad year for me, open heart surgery is no joke. Before it happend i was speaking with doctor and told him,if i wont be able to continue with sport and fighting i do not accept to have surgery,i'll continue with my training like this and if fall again,it will be God's wish. After one year of pause my coach found me job,it was time to start with some trainings. I was going for it and after that,work. I was working as security guard in Night clubs. My day was like this, 17:00 (preparation for training)
18:00 ( I had bus to go on training 35km far from my hometown)
19:00 ( I Arrive in gym)
20:00 (My training begins till 21:30) Shower and then work.
From 22:00 to 03:00 am i am working,and i had to wait outside till 07:00 am for bus,doesnt matter was there raining,snow or fine weather.
I had 25 euros per night (Thats exacly how much i needed per one week to go in gym and train) Didnt had any extra money for food or something else to buy.
I had already 3 fights after open heart surgery and all that bad things what happend to me. won 2 and lost one. That one i lost was robery in K1 national championship but you know it had to happend once.
I got no more money for Bus to go and train the only thing i need. We lost job,Night club is closed like one month ago. I owe like 150 euros now cuz i wanted to continue with trainings,but wasnt thinking how will i give it back. And now it all stops cuz i dont have work. Its hard really in my country to find some job,and train. People doesnt understand your situation. I tried here to find some sponsors,but people being people,they just care for soccer. Individual sports are not supported here,so people think they will put money in dust. I do not ask to get money and buy food,go party or stupid things. I just need to pay bus. 5 euros per day,25 weekly. Monthly i would need 100 so thats what im looking for. I am asking all good people who could help me,to PM and we can discuss. I am willing to accept any request they have,cuz i am in that kind of position,all i want is to continue my training. We are not fighting only in my country,we go outside. I have been so far in Slovakia,Croatia,Romania. Hope you dont think i am lazy idiot who is sitting home all day doing nothing,i am searching for jobs cuz i know what is my goal,but in my town is like,impossible to get something normal. Sometimes i do work,but thats once per week and its not enough to pay bus. ANY help will be good in this moment for me,really. Thank you all for reading,and hope i could find any sponsor if thats possible.

Edit : added new video of me - 17.12.2013.

Last edited:
I can't help you personally, but I wish you the very best of luck, mate.

how old are you?

In August 23

@Ronwah Thank you mate i really hope that somebody will be able to help me out with this. I wouldnt write even here if i am not in really bad situation . For now,my trainings are questionable.

You should try posting this on the Underground too. You will maybe get a better response. Good luck

Underground? If you could write on PM so i can know where to ask for some support there i'll be thankful ! If thats some Forum for Martial Arts,i doubt somebody will think im serious with 1 post.

Being from europe I can understand how hard it is to find sponsors. People around here dont care much about combat sports unfortunately. Have you tried to get a job at your gym? Depending on how big it is there is always stuff to do so maybe they let you train for free and pay your busmoney. Maybe try to work as an instructor?

Good luck anyway.

Being from europe I can understand how hard it is to find sponsors. People around here dont care much about combat sports unfortunately. Have you tried to get a job at your gym? Depending on how big it is there is always stuff to do so maybe they let you train for free and pay your busmoney. Maybe try to work as an instructor?

Good luck anyway.

Thats all true you wrote,but you know this is something what shouldnt let us fall down on our ass. No matter what i'll keep going because i have goal. I forgot to say,as a gift my coach didnt asked me to pay montly on trainings ( 20 euros ) cuz i have to play for Bus every day 5 euros. They have enough instructors,no more is needed. I think he should already gaved me that job to work with kids if position was available so i would be able to pay to go in gym.

@Tulian thank you for this. I Dont know how does their system works but i already sent them message on email. Although i should post em on facebook cuz i got no replies yet.

Oh mate, I feel so bad now.. I wish I could have helped you. Hopefully some ppl are going to step up and provide support. Best of luck!

Oh mate, I feel so bad now.. I wish I could have helped you. Hopefully some ppl are going to step up and provide support. Best of luck!

I am trying and trying. Individual sports are really hard to support,at least seems like. Really not much people doesnt understand but thats something i shouldnt pay attention. I just came from one "Conversation" for a sponsorship,i cant make i made deal but this wont solve my problem. It was in one small restoraunt ,and owner told me that he'll help when i have fight,few days before,to pay for Gas,food,and all other. But before this fight even happen,i have to go and train which is unfortunately impossible. If you know anybody who would help me out here somehow,please contact me. THank you.

I am trying and trying. Individual sports are really hard to support,at least seems like. Really not much people doesnt understand but thats something i shouldnt pay attention. I just came from one "Conversation" for a sponsorship,i cant make i made deal but this wont solve my problem. It was in one small restoraunt ,and owner told me that he'll help when i have fight,few days before,to pay for Gas,food,and all other. But before this fight even happen,i have to go and train which is unfortunately impossible. If you know anybody who would help me out here somehow,please contact me. THank you.

get a job dude

Damn . I cant believe some people though of me i am trying to lie here about Open heart surgery and fighting again. I got PM (wont say his name cuz obviously some troll with white belt account) saying hey lier bla bla bla,gtfo from here and stop lying people about Open heart surgery and fighting again.

424519_3501865191765_576174834_n.jpg

2qivlet.jpg

Damn . I cant believe some people though of me i am trying to lie here about Open heart surgery and fighting again. I got PM (wont say his name cuz obviously some troll with white belt account) saying hey lier bla bla bla,gtfo from here and stop lying people about Open heart surgery and fighting again.

2qivlet.jpg

Pretty badass in my book. Good luck with fight, wish I could help

I wouldnt post it here cuz it look awful,im sorry about that. But sometimes i feel so bad when people think you have balls to "lie" about health and things that happend in your life.

2qivlet.jpg

That is one serious scar, I wish you luck in finding a sponsor and continuing your career.

That is one serious scar, I wish you luck in finding a sponsor and continuing your career.

And now i am proud to have this scar,when i look myself in mirror with this i just see myself won one of my life fights. Havent found any yet, last week i worked 2 days so i had to pay 4 days for trainings. Still looking for some help.
THanks

How much would you need if somebody was to sponsor you? Thanks.

Back