Looking for fight recommendations

Rudeboyben84

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I was a massive k-1 fan in the good ol days late 90s to early 2000s and a friend who has a passing interest in MMA but hates grappling has been asking me to recommend a few fights.

I've sent him all the good Heavywights fights from the golden era but I'm completely clueless to lighter fighters.

Any good k1 fighters from lighter weights or entertaining fights from smaller guys?

I remembered Raymond Daniels from that mad sport chuck Norris made had a few k1 fights? Even some Muay Thai fight suggestions with flashy fighters would be greatly appreciated. Yodsanklai vs john wayne parr was the only thing I could think to recommend Muay Thai wise.

Cheers lads

Catch up on the K1 max era. Most Buakaw, Masato and Souwer fights were great.

Zambidis had a lot of crazy brawls you could show him.

I was a massive k-1 fan in the good ol days late 90s to early 2000s and a friend who has a passing interest in MMA but hates grappling has been asking me to recommend a few fights.

I've sent him all the good Heavywights fights from the golden era but I'm completely clueless to lighter fighters.

Any good k1 fighters from lighter weights or entertaining fights from smaller guys?
Echoing everyone else, the K-1 MAX era 2008-2010 was a golden age. The 2007 GP below is my favorite featuring classics like Buakaw vs Masato II and Sato vs Kraus, but 2004 and 2006 stand out as other great events.

In terms of more recent stuff in the lighter divisions, K-1 Japan has hosted some great events and uploaded them all on youtube (no English commentary I'm afraid).

My favorites have been the 65kg GP, the 62.6kg GP and the 57.5kg GP. In terms of names, I would look at Kaew Weerasakrek, Noiri Masaaki, Urabe Koya, Ilias Bulaid and Takeru.

Back