Looking for an RPG

maxresdefault.jpg

nowadays games are all bout graphics .this game was fun. turn based rpg game w/challenging puzzles to solve. a little old school but i liked it.

I'm trying to find an RPG along the lines of Dragon's Dogma, the Witcher series, or the Elder Scrolls games on PC. I'd also be ok with traditional action RPGs in the style of Diablo, Titan Quest/Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, etc.

I know people will recommend Souls games. I've played them for a few hours. I enjoy the combat but the lack of tooltips and direction isn't for me. It makes it very tedious imo and I find myself spending way more time googling things than I'd like.

I enjoy classic RPGs with turn based or tactical pause combat, but right now I want to have more engaging real time combat to enjoy smashing some bad guys. Dragon Age/Mass Effect style combat is about as slow paced and disconnected as I'd like to go.

I think Wolcen Lords of Mayhem looks really good, but I'm tired of playing unfinished early access games do I'm going to wait for a while on it.

Please, give me your suggestions.

Sword Coast Legends.

If you get it for ps4 ( its on oc zbox ps4 ) add me n we can play

Stop being a scrub and play Dark Souls. Also wtf is up with the people itt saying DS isnt an RPG? Yall do know what an RPG is right?

...dark souls isn't a RPG.

if it's a RPG, so is basically every video game.

i'm playing super mario bros, i guess i'm role playing as mario! /s

I'm trying to find an RPG along the lines of Dragon's Dogma, the Witcher series, or the Elder Scrolls games on PC. I'd also be ok with traditional action RPGs in the style of Diablo, Titan Quest/Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, etc.

I know people will recommend Souls games. I've played them for a few hours. I enjoy the combat but the lack of tooltips and direction isn't for me. It makes it very tedious imo and I find myself spending way more time googling things than I'd like.

I enjoy classic RPGs with turn based or tactical pause combat, but right now I want to have more engaging real time combat to enjoy smashing some bad guys. Dragon Age/Mass Effect style combat is about as slow paced and disconnected as I'd like to go.

I think Wolcen Lords of Mayhem looks really good, but I'm tired of playing unfinished early access games do I'm going to wait for a while on it.

Please, give me your suggestions.

If you don't mind older games, let me recommend Jade Empire and Fable.

Pros: Setting and Martial arts.

Pros: Karmasystem that reflects in your looks + aging. Witcher kinda world.

Playing both not 100% should take about 20/30 hours when just straight rushing. So could be worth checking both out.

...dark souls isn't a RPG.

if it's a RPG, so is basically every video game.

i'm playing super mario bros, i guess i'm role playing as mario! /s

When I finished Super Mario, my Mario had 19 strength, 11 speed, 19 dexterity, 6 luck, 13 magic, and 21 magic defense. How did you build your Mario?

When I finished Super Mario, my Mario had 19 strength, 11 speed, 19 dexterity, 6 luck, 13 magic, and 21 magic defense. How did you build your Mario?

i put all my points into charisma. in the 8th dungeon, bowser and i just exchanged jokes and then we took the princess out for a picnic. it was nice.

I got that game in june of 2013. Have yet to play more than 2 hrs. Everything it does well, in my experience, was done far better by numerous rpgs.

It's essentially baby's first Skyrim, with mind numbing, repetitive combat. I thought it had some nice visual design....that you rarely see because the camera is fixed on an angle that points to the ground.

If you're absolutely desperate, it's not the worst game in the world, I suppose. Huge game, with tons to do(even if t does get old fast). I see it on sale for like $2 all the time. It's worth $2.

Bit of a shame it essentially killed that studio though. Even though it was a bit of a misfire, I thought there was at least a genuine effort put into it, and something they could've built on.

Stop being a scrub and play Dark Souls. Also wtf is up with the people itt saying DS isnt an RPG? Yall do know what an RPG is right?
I like it but at the same time while I don't mind the difficulty I don't have time to run anywhere from 5-15 minutes to where my body died and redo everything over again. I had enough of those for old school mmos. Take away that element and put a load/save option, you get to reduce the game by 3 times its original pace

maxresdefault.jpg

nowadays games are all bout graphics .this game was fun. turn based rpg game w/challenging puzzles to solve. a little old school but i liked it.
Looks cool. I'm playing Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together on my Vita right now. Only in chapter two, but I can tell it's gonna be a great game.
I loved Final Fantasy Tactics.

These RPG games I remember:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dark Souls
The Witcher
Fallout
Mass Effect
World of Warcraft 3

It's essentially baby's first Skyrim, with mind numbing, repetitive combat. I thought it had some nice visual design....that you rarely see because the camera is fixed on an angle that points to the ground.

If you're absolutely desperate, it's not the worst game in the world, I suppose. Huge game, with tons to do(even if t does get old fast). I see it on sale for like $2 all the time. It's worth $2.

Bit of a shame it essentially killed that studio though. Even though it was a bit of a misfire, I thought there was at least a genuine effort put into it, and something they could've built on.
KoA was much better than Fable 3. That's not saying much, but it's not the worst game ever. It's kind of like a very large puddle. No depth, but a lot to do.

KoA was much better than Fable 3. That's not saying much, but it's not the worst game ever. It's kind of like a very large puddle. No depth, but a lot to do.

Yeah, Fable is horrendous. I've never understood the stupid amount of love that franchise got. To this day, that fraggle Adam Sessler giving it X-Play's GOTY over Fallout 3, and then proceeding to do a Russian foot dance, still rustles my jimmies.

7Th saga for SNES. It's an old school RPG and it's quite a challenge for first time players.

Bump

This thread introduced me to Elex, which was exactly what I was looking for. I ask you for help once again, Sherbros. I just want to create a character and run around killing shit in a world that's fun to explore. Have the last 3 years come up with any games that fit the bill (that aren't souls-like)?

Last edited:
Back