Looking at boxrec's top 100 all time

Winky was a natural 154 pounder. Bob Arum admitted Mayweather started the talk. Mayweather talked shit on ESPN. They were near the deal, but Floyd held it up, insisting upon Winky not being able to rehydrate 8 lbs or more over 154.

When he fought Marquez at welterweight there was Cotto, Margarito, Paul Williams, a still fresh Andre Berto.

I do judge GGG for fighting a welterweight when there are more interesting options against legitimate middleweights.

When he fought Guerrero there was Pacquiao (yes this one can be somewhat discounted considering all the bullshit perpetrated by both sides for like 5 years), Tim Bradley

Yeah, I'll concede on the retirement fight. But Floyd is at a higher level than most guys in the division, so I would have rather seen him face somewhat not completely shot.
What does "natural" 154 mean? Winky Wright was a fucking Middleweight by the end of 2005, (when Floyd fought Sharmba Mitchell), Floyd fought Mitchell at Super fucking Lightweight. Oh yeah though, I forgot, Floyd's a bitch-ass pussy for not jumping up 3 weight classes to meet him, after he just got to SLW the previous fight against Arturo Gatti, my bad... But ok I'll humor your 154 argument. Pretty much makes sense, to ask him to come down and STAY DOWN around 154 in order for Winky to get in the ring, does it not? It's already 2 weight classes above the weightclass Floyd JUST got to in SLW. Don't blame Floyd, if Winky was such a "natural 154'er" it shouldnt have been a problem, right? Obviously Winky couldn't do it becasue he was a (using your words) "Natural" Middleweight by then. Still remains to be seen if he could've even made 154lbs at weigh-in, since the fight was so dead. You said it yourself, "8 lbs or more over 154". Hmm 154 + 5 makes 159. Lets go ahead and throw the other limited 3 more pounds = 162 lbs. For a 140lber at the time shitting on him for not signing the fight is pretty lame. But....I get it, you just don't like the guy.

- Marquez fight was Sept 2009 and obviously a tune up comparison marketing fight for a possible Pacman deal; fighting and beating his greatest nemesis in Marquez (as a comeback fight).

- Cotto vs Pacquiao was November 2009...Hard for Cotto nor Pacman to be available.

- Paul Williams was already fighting at JMW by 2008, and wasn't shit all of a draw, nor a name, he hadn't even fought Sergio Martinez yet.
Did we really even know who he was? Imagine this, Floyd chooses to fight no name PWill instead of Pacquiao, Marquez, Mosley, etc. IN 2009 or early 2010, and that fight would've been laughed at for months before and after. Especially after Pwill got comatized by Sergio one year later. PWill would've probably be brought up by you as a no name Floyd fought instead of, the guys I mentioned earlier, if they really had fought. You're just grasping at straws trying to make a case that makes no real concrete sense. You can't judge by hindsight, Paul Williams was a non-factor for a guy fighting the biggest names in the game at the time. If he hadn't gotten on the highlight reel of one of the Greatest Most Brutal Knockouts in the History of Boxing, and instead rolled through people since, you MIGHT have had a valid point. But then Sergio gets rolled by a guy Floyd tooled, and the rest becomes a moot point regardless. PWill was a good prospect but wasn't anything special. He had no Defense. If he was all that, he wouldn't have gotten put to sleep by a no-look haymaker. Sexy was literally looking at the ground when he threw that punch, watch the tape...Come on man.

Being light years against the cream of the crop isnt Mayweather's fault. He beat 6 or 7 Hall of Famers during his career either way (another lofty accomplishment.
But again, this wasn't even where I was going when I thought about the validity of how those rankings came out. But you can keep swinging if you want.

Better yet...Just stay down.

Last edited:
Longest post ever?

Read through, it might shake you into being a good poster again...

IAOqwbm.gif

What does "natural" 154 mean? Winky Wright was a fucking Middleweight by the end of 2005, (when Floyd fought Sharmba Mitchell), Floyd fought Mitchell at Super fucking Lightweight. Oh yeah though, I forgot, Floyd's a bitch-ass pussy for not jumping up 3 weight classes to meet him, after he just got to SLW the previous fight against Arturo Gatti, my bad... But ok I'll humor your 154 argument. Pretty much makes sense, to ask him to come down and STAY DOWN around 154 in order for Winky do get in the ring, does it not? It's already 2 weight classes above the weightclass Floyd JUST got to in SLW. Don't blame Floyd, if Winky was such a "natural 154'er" it shouldnt have been a problem, right? Obviously Winky couldn't do it becasue he was a (using your words) "Natural" Middleweight by then. Still remains to be seen if he could've even made 154lbs at weigh-in, since the fight was so dead. You said it yourself, "8 lbs or more over 154". Hmm 154 + 5 makes 161. Lets go ahead and throw the other limited 3 more pounds = 164 lbs. For a 140lber at the time shitting on him for not signing the fight is pretty lame. But....I get it, you just don't like the guy.

- Marquez fight was Sept 2009 and obviously a tune up comparison marketing fight for a possible Pacman deal; fighting and beating his greatest nemesis in Marquez (as a comeback fight).

- Cotto vs Pacquiao was November 2009...Hard for Cotto nor Pacman to be available.

- Paul Williams was already fighting at JMW by 2008, and wasn't shit all of a draw, nor a name, he hadn't even fought Sergio Martinez yet.
Did we really even know who he was? Imagine this, Floyd chooses to fight no name PWill instead of Pacquiao, Marquez, Mosley, etc. IN 2009 or early 2010, and that fight would've been laughed at for months before and after. Escpecially after Pwill got comatized by Sergio one year later. PWill would've probably be brought up by you as a no name Floyd fought insteadof the guys I mentioned in this very conversation if they really had fought. Your just grasping at straws trying to make acase that makes no real concrete sense. You can't judge by hindsight, Paul Williams was a non-factor for a guy fighting the biggest names in the game at the time. If he hadn't gotten on the highlight reel of one of the Greatest Most Brutal Knockouts in the History of Boxing, and instead rolled through people since, you MIGHT have had a valid point. But then Sergio gets rolled by a guy Floyd tooled, and the rest becomes a moot point regardless. PWill was a good prospect but wasn't anything special. He had no Defense. If he was all that, he wouldn't have gotten put to sleep by a no-look haymaker. Sexy was literally looking at the ground when he threw that punch, watch the tape...Come on man.

Being light years against the cream of the crop isnt Mayweather's fault. He beat 6 or 7 Hall of Famers during his career either way (another lofty accomplishment.
But again, this wasn't even where I was going when I thought about the validity of how those rankings came out. But you can keep swinging if you want.

Better yet...Just stay down.

This is really odd, to be honest. I have no idea why me thinking that Floyd is a cherry picker, and somewhat overrated, is making you so irrationally angry. Eesh...I think I'll "just stay down", since this apparently gone to the level of a fantasized fist fight, rape or something else entirely....

This is really odd, to be honest. I have no idea why me thinking that Floyd is a cherry picker, and somewhat overrated, is making you so irrationally angry. Eesh...I think I'll "just stay down", since this apparently gone to the level of a fantasized fist fight, rape or something else entirely....
Nah...just stating the facts and dates to back them up. I have no ill will toward you. Not a single insult was spoken or directed at you. And that other stuff is called an "analogy". On a boxing forum no less...and a lively debate (hoping it would be better than re-gurgitated hate-fluff on Mayweather, but oh well); it makes for good fun. Somebody else brought it up anyways, so.....don't blame me.
It's all good though. Come with me, after all this, I'll buy you a steak dinner. ;)

Why are you digi dick sucking him so much. I dont agree with his assessment. That doesn't mean he's a piece of shit. Jesus......
Sure, I agree he is not a piece of shit. But everything you said about Floyd is erroneous (that means wrong)

Plus he's pretty girthy

Sure, I agree he is not a piece of shit. But everything you said about Floyd is erroneous (that means wrong)

Plus he's pretty girthy

Something tells me he does not need another grown man hyping up his dick like Flava Flav......

Something tells me he does not need another grown man hyping up his dick like Flava Flav......

What was worse, Kris Kross wearing their clothes backwards or Flava wearing a clock as a necklace? Both were wack but there has to be an answer here.

What was worse, Kris Kross wearing their clothes backwards or Flava wearing a clock as a necklace? Both were wack but there has to be an answer here.

Kris Kross was better. At least those pants made taking shits cooler, and they had the decency to go away. Flava Flav can neither read a clock, nor go away....

Stopped reading after "even Bob Arum admitted..."

That shit is wiggity wiggity wack imo

Oh snap he refuses to get off of his stool to meet the bell! The towel has been thrown. Fight over!

Oh snap he refuses to get off of his stool to meet the bell! The towel has been thrown. Fight over!

You should just ask nastyleft if you can suck his dick, because you are acting quite odd. I am thoroughly convinced you are some bored housewife, considering no grown man says "oh snap" in 2017.....

I just read a news about their current all-time P4P ratings, and the author was pointing out the laughable placing of Henry Armstrong, Jersey Joe Walcott and Charley Burley.

According to them Carl Froch, Leo Santa Cruz, David Haye and Robert Guerrero are ahead of Walcott.

Broner and Margarito are ahead of Jake Lamotta ... Chris Eubank Jr and Amir Khan are ahead of Sandy Saddler, who ranks at 605.

To quote the author: Boxrec's ratings can be safely ignored.

Last edited:
Wow, Archie Moore third. Really? I respect him a lot but that's insane

Virgil Hill is top 50! That’s hard for me to fathom, and I actually liked watching the guy fight.

Back