Look and Feel Like a Navy Seal!

They look like a big push over a beating, but gotta get that scope forward, and they tend to induce flinching after a few shots, plus $5.00 per shot.

Maybe. Just remember that multi-day neck pain from the last time I shot a bolt-action 30-06. As for the scope, it came with the Leupold Mark IV that I eventually put on one of my AR15 builds. Scope had plenty of eye relief. Haven't priced rounds lately, but with shipping I think I've paid $3.30 for some 50BMGSupply.com API and about $4 for Barrett (seem to recall $320 for an 80 round case).

50 Cals with a muzzle brake can't be that bad. I shoot my 458 lott in a 9 pound bolt action with no brake. It's been having some feeding issues so I haven't shot it since...

Never shot mine. But the worry is more over having it separate my neck vertebrae. :eek::eek::eek:
They look like a big push over a beating, but gotta get that scope forward, and they tend to induce flinching after a few shots, plus $5.00 per shot.

They have low recoil, gentle push really. I could shoot a Barrett all day, a Mosin is much worse.

It's fun.

gqJCFW.gif

I89wP2.gif

tumblr_mzdsbvwOsk1rj52mlo1_500.gif

50cal.gif

-vmqWi.gif

Ckjx1G.gif

It's the concussive blast of the .50 that you feel more.

ifn58z.gif

2b04912f0d26129c2dfa83f02b068b80.jpg

Range master and I were shooting,the shit and he said this clown shows up all the time blasts like 50 rounds like that and leaves. Said dude is just some rich idiot who bought and shoots it to feel cool and has no clue what he's doing.
a guy shooting 50cal by the scope tubes sounds more dangerous than two jealous guys with no 50 cal

How many of you have shot a .50cal rifle?

I've turned down every offer.

Everyone has been owned by a short fucker, and when I saw the scope set way back on the stock I said no thanks.

Call me a pussy, but I don't fancy getting harpooned through the skull.

bde.gif

Sounds like the Barret is the lifted truck of the gun world

300 win is good stuff.

yeah it's ok I guess. I know it's one of the most popular rounds ever and all that and it's probably the most common elk cartridge in the western USA but to be completely honest, I've never been a huge fan. I don't know why and I have nothing against it and no negative opinion, I just never really got super into it.

These days there's some solid rifles that I could see being really good for my uses that chamber it like the Christensen mesa but between my 308, 30-06 and this new 300 weatherby mag, I just can't really see myself buying a Mesa any time soon.

50 Cals with a muzzle brake can't be that bad. I shoot my 458 lott in a 9 pound bolt action with no brake. It's been having some feeding issues so I haven't shot it since...

You have a 458 Lott??? Sweet!!! Tell me about it!!!

Actual BUDS training is insanely hard.
I saw a video where two guys finished an evolution by crawling to the line with fractured leg bones

How many of you have shot a .50cal rifle?

I've turned down every offer.

Everyone has been owned by a short fucker, and when I saw the scope set way back on the stock I said no thanks.

Call me a pussy, but I don't fancy getting harpooned through the skull.

bde.gif

A guy at my old range let me shoot (I think) 8 rounds out of one once. I honestly don't remember what sort of gun it was, I want to say it was a bushmaster but it had a sweet night force scope on it.

I remember wanting a 50 for awhile but my budget at the time would have limited me to a single shot armalite and that just wasn't baller to me at the time.

Actual BUDS training is insanely hard.
I saw a video where two guys finished an evolution by crawling to the line with fractured leg bones

Damn....and here I was thinking BUDS was easy.

But seriously, of course it's fucking hard. It's navy SEAL training!!!!

That being said, I could do it easily. It's just how I roll....you know what I mean???

Damn....and here I was thinking BUDS was easy.

But seriously, of course it's fucking hard. It's navy SEAL training!!!!
I just mean, I knew it was hard before I watched it.
But damn.
Interestingly, the instructors all said they can't really say why some finish where others quit. It isn't physical for the most part, they say- - guys quit mentally while they still have the strength and ability to succeed; they often show this by perking right up after making the decision

I just mean, I knew it was hard before I watched it.
But damn.
Interestingly, the instructors all said they can't really say why some finish where others quit. It isn't physical for the most part, they say- - guys quit mentally while they still have the strength and ability to succeed; they often show this by perking right up after making the decision

I've seen those movies too and also known a guy who did it, it is super mental. I was told that guys who are already officers tend to fail more often than others because they know they can just go back to a pretty good job if it dosent work. I don't know if that's true though.

I've seen those movies too and also known a guy who did it, it is super mental. I was told that guys who are already officers tend to fail more often than others because they know they can just go back to a pretty good job if it dosent work. I don't know if that's true though.
I've heard instructors say they're harder on officers who've completed the school before.
I got the distinct impression that they do everything they can to make guys want to quit, which is the most important thing: graduating guys that won't quit mentally.

You have a 458 Lott??? Sweet!!! Tell me about it!!!

It's on a winchester model 70 classic. originally in 458 win. The mag box seems cramped for the round TBH.

The rounds either pop off of the feed lips during vigorous bolt work or sits too low and not picked up by the bolt 100% of the time. Depending on which factory magazine box I tried.

I stuffed some 458 lott into the mag box of my cz 550 magnum action and the stacking of the rounds seemed a lot better.

Might get a CZ 416 rigby to play with, they seem to be pretty reliable in that caliber.

It's on a winchester model 70 classic. originally in 458 win. The mag box seems cramped for the round TBH.

The rounds either pop off of the feed lips during vigorous bolt work or sits too low and not picked up by the bolt 100% of the time. Depending on which factory magazine box I tried.

I stuffed some 458 lott into the mag box of my cz 550 magnum action and the stacking of the rounds seemed a lot better.

Might get a CZ 416 rigby to play with, they seem to be pretty reliable in that caliber.

The biggest things I have are 375HH and 378 weatherby.

I've heard instructors say they're harder on officers who've completed the school before.
I got the distinct impression that they do everything they can to make guys want to quit, which is the most important thing: graduating guys that won't quit mentally.
Ranger School is the same. I've heard stories and seen it in documentaries on that forced ruck they do the instructors pull a guy's Ranger buddy out of line and then go after the dude that didn't notice it happened.

Back