London 2017, "woman's" 800m

I think it's kind of funny..
the only reason we have women's Athletics is because they can't compete with men and now men are competing in women's Athletics and crushing them..lulz.

So why have separate sports divisions for women and men at all then?

A woman can't qualify for Wimbledon anymore because 2nd rate male competitors are thrashing them? Well then tough shit, men are bigger, faster, better competitors right?

You shouldn't do away with sex divisions in sports just because 0.000001% of competitors are in this weird in-between state of this South African woman.

Anomalies and freak occurrences shouldn't be the base for such a dramatic change.

There is an official IOC document but a quick search pulled up this on cbc

"Under the previous IOC guidelines, approved in 2003, athletes who transitioned from male to female or vice versa were required to have reassignment surgery followed by at least two years of hormone therapy in order to be eligible to compete.

Now, surgery will no longer be required, with female-to-male transgender athletes eligible to take part in men's competitions "without restriction."

Meanwhile, male-to-female transgender athletes will need to demonstrate that their testosterone level has been below a certain cutoff point for at least one year before their first competition"

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/ioc-transgender-athletes-guidlines-1.3417794

I'd love for the absurdity of this to be highlighted by a female swimmer "identifying" as a man so she can compete topless.

She may not win the athletic competition, but by God would she win the popular vote and get great international TV exposure for a celebrity modelling career.

There are even probably still enough landlocked counties with no Olympic swimming background that a Female to Male identifying swimmer could make the men's Olympic team just by virtue of being the only applicant.

You shouldn't do away with sex divisions in sports just because 0.000001% of competitors are in this weird in-between state of this South African woman.

But that's exactly what these people ARE doing. They are effectively removing the sex division and ruining the sport for normal women.,

You said " Lol at all the "Oh, what do you tell your daughter that's competing against her??" posts. The same thing you tell your son that gets beat by bigger, faster, better competitors. "Too bad you'll never win, some people are just born more gifted. Tough shit""

That sounds to me like you're happy to for 0.000001% of competitors to ruin certain sports for women.

Anomalies and freak occurrences shouldn't be the base for such a dramatic change.

Not only should anomalies not be the basis for dramatic change, they also shouldn't be allowed to make certain sports all but pointless for normal women.

We have a sex split in sports so women can have meaningful sports. Allowing these 1/2 way people into the women's category negates the split and removes that meaning.

It should not be allowed. And if 0.000001% of competitors need to miss out then so be it. I say to them "Too bad you can't race, some people are just not fully women. Tough shit".

But that's exactly what these people ARE doing. They are effectively removing the sex division and ruining the sport for normal women.,

You said " Lol at all the "Oh, what do you tell your daughter that's competing against her??" posts. The same thing you tell your son that gets beat by bigger, faster, better competitors. "Too bad you'll never win, some people are just born more gifted. Tough shit""

That sounds to me like you're happy to for 0.000001% of competitors to ruin certain sports for women.

0.0000001% of competitors aren't doing shit to "normal women". There are millions of women competing just fine. This unbelievably small minority is taking ONE spot (and it's not a given that it's a top spot) from hundreds of competitions worldwide.

Not only should anomalies not be the basis for dramatic change, they also shouldn't be allowed to make certain sports all but pointless for normal women.

We have a sex split in sports so women can have meaningful sports. Allowing these 1/2 way people into the women's category negates the split and removes that meaning.

It should not be allowed. And if 0.000001% of competitors need to miss out then so be it. I say to them "Too bad you can't race, some people are just not fully women. Tough shit".

Again, millions of women in hundreds of different competitions are competing just fine. Their sports and competition aren't "ruined" by a handful of in-between women.

Why do they always want to compete against women, and never argue there should be a third category for people who don't fit in the male or female competitions?

Sure there wouldn't be a lot of competitors, but the same situation applies for certain categories in disabled sports, it doesn't stop those people from competing.

Why do they always want to compete against women, and never argue there should be a third category for people who don't fit in the male or female competitions?

Sure there wouldn't be a lot of competitors, but the same situation applies for certain categories in disabled sports, it doesn't stop those people from competing.
Because that would be fair competition.

They could just compete against the men. Mens league is basically 'open' and I doubt anyone would have a problem with it.

They could prove to the world that women can do anything a man can do. Even if it is a biological male who identifies as a woman.

i watched this edition because i love female spinters and it was great, schippers winning, USA beating the world record on 4x4 and many other great things

but the 800m were a joke, everyone knew that dude was going to win easily and he did

Eh self-solving problem. Either women's sports die out or PC loons admit gender exists.

0.0000001% of competitors aren't doing shit to "normal women". There are millions of women competing just fine. This unbelievably small minority is taking ONE spot (and it's not a given that it's a top spot) from hundreds of competitions worldwide.

Again, millions of women in hundreds of different competitions are competing just fine. Their sports and competition aren't "ruined" by a handful of in-between women.

The 800m is a joke now. They are ruining it.

Sex segregated sports are by definition sexist. Women should give up their affirmative action and compete with men. In some sports women could do well, like equestrian sports and the balance beam.

Back