London 2017, "woman's" 800m

886464a.jpg

36DB634700000578-3740682-image-a-13_1471220134476.jpg

I love how they were like "fuck it" and gave him men's clothes

So basically if you're born with an intersex defect... you have a free pass to compete against women and gain unearned medals, fame and money. It's some massive bullshit

The ""w""NBA might get more dunking.

But seriously I have daughters and this sucks.

So basically if you're born with an intersex defect... you have a free pass to compete against women and gain unearned medals, fame and money. It's some massive bullshit

It's gone farther than that. You can just identify as a woman and compete and the only physical requirement is taking T blockers for a year.

The Olympics have recently implemented this new rule change, presumably to align with the trans political push that has been going on over the last couple of years.

There is a wider 'opening up' for biological males to compete in womans leagues.

We need to have two sex/gender classifications these days: actual 100% biological women, and non-women. That's a compromise that would solve all our problems.

I.e. Fallon Fox wouldn't be able to fight women, this guy couldn't race against women, etc. Bathrooms for men would be a bit weirder but we're guys so who gives a fuck.
Fucking incredible post.

This satisfies every quandary.

It's gone farther than that. You can just identify as a woman and compete and the only physical requirement is taking T blockers for a year.

The Olympics have recently implemented this new rule change, presumably to align with the trans political push that has been going on over the last couple of years.

I thought that the requirement was that you simply had to show evidence that you've identified as the opposite sex for a year, are you sure about the T blockers?

I thought that the requirement was that you simply had to show evidence that you've identified as the opposite sex for a year, are you sure about the T blockers?

I'm pretty sure there was an additional requirement when I read the Olympic rules. I'll have to dig up the document.

I'm pretty sure there was an additional requirement when I read the Olympic rules. I'll have to dig up the document.

Don't go to the trouble on my behalf, I'll look it up later.

Don't go to the trouble on my behalf, I'll look it up later.

There is an official IOC document but a quick search pulled up this on cbc

"Under the previous IOC guidelines, approved in 2003, athletes who transitioned from male to female or vice versa were required to have reassignment surgery followed by at least two years of hormone therapy in order to be eligible to compete.

Now, surgery will no longer be required, with female-to-male transgender athletes eligible to take part in men's competitions "without restriction."

Meanwhile, male-to-female transgender athletes will need to demonstrate that their testosterone level has been below a certain cutoff point for at least one year before their first competition"

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/ioc-transgender-athletes-guidlines-1.3417794

"Under the previous IOC guidelines, approved in 2003, athletes who transitioned from male to female or vice versa were required to have reassignment surgery followed by at least two years of hormone therapy in order to be eligible to compete.

Now, surgery will no longer be required, with female-to-male transgender athletes eligible to take part in men's competitions "without restriction."

Meanwhile, male-to-female transgender athletes will need to demonstrate that their testosterone level has been below a certain cutoff point for at least one year before their first competition"

Gotcha. As some critics have rightfully pointed out, there is still an advantage in being a male and competing with females even if you adjust the hormone levels. What's also interesting is that this will not affect the men's competitions, but the women's. We'll see in time if this creates a faction and the feminists and transwomen square off, with 1 year of T blockers for the transwomen, of course.

I don't think many people read this particular OP, or looked into this athlete, she does indeed appear to be female, though I'm wondering if she may be one of the rare XXY people.

Gotcha. As some critics have rightfully pointed out, there is still an advantage in being a male and competing with females even if you adjust the hormone levels. What's also interesting is that this will not affect the men's competitions, but the women's. We'll see in time if this creates a faction and the feminists and transwomen square off, with 1 year of T blockers for the transwomen, of course.

I don't think many people read this particular OP, or looked into this athlete, she does indeed appear to be female, though I'm wondering if she may be one of the rare XXY people.

Yeah it's pretty self evident that any male athlete who has to pass the reduced guidelines to compete with women will still have a pretty big biological advantage. I'm sure if Bruce Jenner had competed against the women under those guidelines back in the day he would have smashed the world records by a comical margin.

And yeah, the Athelete in the OP is a different scenario. She still has a biological advantage over women that do not have that condition, but it falls into a more difficult category.

The ""w""NBA might get more dunking.

But seriously I have daughters and this sucks.
I've heard there is some debate on whether one wnba star is a man.

All I can say is it sounds just like a man talking. And walks just like a man. But I don't know.

This should be a thread ender right here.

She's a genetic or biological anomaly. Lol at all the "Oh, what do you tell your daughter that's competing against her??" posts.

The same thing you tell your son that gets beat by bigger, faster, better competitors. "Too bad you'll never win, some people are just born more gifted. Tough shit"
It is an advantage

So, there's your restriction. I don't think it's sufficient, but there is a sign they understand there's an advantage, and this seems a fluid situation.
Yeah it's pretty self evident that any male athlete who has to pass the reduced guidelines to compete with women will still have a pretty big biological advantage. I'm sure if Bruce Jenner had competed against the women under those guidelines back in the day he would have smashed the world records by a comical margin.

And yeah, the Athelete in the OP is a different scenario. She still has a biological advantage over women that do not have that condition, but it falls into a more difficult category.
Well, that was exactly the point of my previous post. It's clear, yes, a biologically born male will have an advantage, hormones or no, but starting with the athlete in the OP, where do you draw the line to say a person isn't female? I think it will just take time to sort out in an equatable way. This thread seems alarmist to me, even though I agree it's a problem that needs to be addressed.

She's a genetic or biological anomaly. Lol at all the "Oh, what do you tell your daughter that's competing against her??" posts.
The same thing you tell your son that gets beat by bigger, faster, better competitors. "Too bad you'll never win, some people are just born more gifted. Tough shit"

So why have separate sports divisions for women and men at all then?

A woman can't qualify for Wimbledon anymore because 2nd rate male competitors are thrashing them? Well then tough shit, men are bigger, faster, better competitors right?

Hate to say it but I think this a fight that women themselves have to pick up. Men are so ostracized from feminist issues they can't have a say at all. Until that happens I'm kinda looking forward to seeing world records being destroyed and shattered LOL

Feminism hurts women more than men. Sure, we lose on the courts. But women lose their souls. Femininity itself is a casualty. Under feminism the ideal woman is a man. Something so anti woman only a feminist could say it/believe it.

You have the be a freak of nature to win these competitions anyway.

This should be a thread ender right here.

"But daddy, she's a boy."

Back