London 2017, "woman's" 800m

Yes I know. I also read the papers.

But as I say, the previous level of 10nmol/L is way higher than about 99% of current female athletes who are in the 0.1 – 2.8 nmol/L range. So they'd still be 3x higher than the top of that range. But thanks so much for the educating post. And current T levels are not the only advantage men have over women in athletics and it does nothing to address that.

You read the papers, how very 20th century of you. And why not include that in your original post instead of backtracking and doing it now?

Jarmila Kratochvilova's 34 year old world record is still 2 seconds faster than Caster Semenya, the IAAF dealt with that over time and they'll find a way to deal with hyperandrogenism. If you give it another decade athletics will not be dominated by them.

Bathroom, showers and locker rooms are decided by what you have or don't have.
And that sounds reasonable...
Until you realize that male transgenders (biological females who identify as males) should go to the women's bathroom, by your rules.

Don't know about you, but I don't want someone who identifies as a man in the same bathroom as my daughters.

There's a female to male tranny about to embark on a pro boxing career. I think we all know how this is will end.

Well, there's one.

How will they skirt the PED rules? All those artificial hormones aren't going to pass tests, I can't imagine.

There's a female to male tranny about to embark on a pro boxing career. I think we all know how this is will end.

anigif_original-29489-1407159050-6.gif

Last edited:
And that sounds reasonable...
Until you realize that male transgenders (biological females who identify as males) should go to the women's bathroom, by your rules.

Don't know about you, but I don't want someone who identifies as a man in the same bathroom as my daughters.

I don't care what they identify as or even look like it's the plumbing that should be the decider.

This woman (yes born a woman) goes to the woman's bathroom.
rose-geil-800.jpg

http://people.com/bodies/woman-decides-to-let-her-beard-grow-freely-after-26-years-of-shaving/

And

harnaam-kaur-435.jpg

http://people.com/celebrity/bearded-lady-harnaam-kaur-now-holds-guinness-world-record/

I just breezed through the article, I couldn't answer that question. I was gobsmacked at the amount of support a women boxing men got.

I mean, I doubt any amount of hormone treatments will allow a trans man to truly compete with biologically male athletes.

Just the same way female hormones don't negate biological male advantages in athletics.

I watched some qualifiers the other day and the commentators did address Semenya's situation. The conclusion if i remember correctly was ambiguous... ironically... It was basically, she's been tested and we will let "her" run...

From what I read on wikipedia she was born intersex, so it isn't like she changed genders to compete with a weaker sex.

Yeah this is true. A fairly rare condition.

However, the Olympics have opened up the doors for trans athletes to compete as women as well (with all parts intact)

There is certainly a political trend heading in that direction.

Honestly, just get rid of separation of competition based on gender and just have one open field of men, women and whatevers. Shouldn't implement "separate but equal" policies just to suit people when it works best for them.

If we are equal, let's compete against each other as equals.

This woman isn't trans, so it's not like the regular cases of dudes just dominating women's sports. Her test results were not released from what I can see, but she may suffer from hyperandrogenism. If she's XX, she should compete with women.

We need to have two sex/gender classifications these days: actual 100% biological women, and non-women. That's a compromise that would solve all our problems.

I.e. Fallon Fox wouldn't be able to fight women, this guy couldn't race against women, etc. Bathrooms for men would be a bit weirder but we're guys so who gives a fuck.

From what I read on wikipedia she was born intersex, so it isn't like she changed genders to compete with a weaker sex.

This should be a thread ender right here.

She's a genetic or biological anomaly. Lol at all the "Oh, what do you tell your daughter that's competing against her??" posts.

The same thing you tell your son that gets beat by bigger, faster, better competitors. "Too bad you'll never win, some people are just born more gifted. Tough shit"

Honestly, just get rid of separation of competition based on gender and just have one open field of men, women and whatevers. Shouldn't implement "separate but equal" policies just to suit people when it works best for them.

If we are equal, let's compete against each other as equals.

We are not equals physically though , and the majority of people recognize that , women included. Its a prime example of a passionate and vocal minority dictatating to a mostly passive or apathetic majority.

How does she keep her balls from flapping

This is one of the things that bothers the shit out of me.

You can identify however the fuck you want, but we have to start drawing lines. Fallon Fox was beating the shit out of women, and it was "transphobic" to say that someone born and raised as a man shouldn't be "fighting" women. Now it's pouring into other sports.

You never see trans-men making the leap, either. For some of these people, it may simply be a cheap way to be a "winner". Like the low-ranked male powerlifter who "transitioned" and took home gold in their first women's competition. It's fucking absurd.

I just breezed through the article, I couldn't answer that question. I was gobsmacked at the amount of support a women boxing men got.

EDIT http://www.laweekly.com/news/transgender-boxer-reaches-a-major-milestone-7051071

Actually won a fight

I mean, I doubt any amount of hormone treatments will allow a trans man to truly compete with biologically male athletes.

Just the same way female hormones don't negate biological male advantages in athletics.
It's certainly only going to be the cream of the crop, but you can't deny they will compete.

Let's be real. In 5-15 years time when it's more common, we'll have separate events for transgenders imvho.

The wave is staggering. There is a male masquerading as a female that's just moved into my apartment block.

shouldn't be competing with normal women, its unfair.

Pretty much all I can say on the matter

I'd hope so but the losing girls are just being mocked on twitter for complaining, some are even labelling the complaints "transphobic". Any dissenting opinion over this in the mainstream will be shut down. Apparently we should accept Trans/intersex women as natural women, fairness be damned.

Well you're the one posting the (about) bollocks. You don't seem to know how we got here (whether or not you pretend it was just a turn of phrase now) so I fucking told you.

Clearly they shouldn't be running without taking suppressors but the IAAF are giving new evidence to CAS next month which confirms high levels of testosterone give an unfair advantage.

So, first of all, let's not overlook the fact that this whole situation is a fairly new one and as corrupt and monolithic as athletics is, it will take time for them to adapt. I think the evidence shows people benefit from higher levels of testosterone long after it is discontinued, which is why I still give a big fuck you to Mir and Henderson and Belfort, but I digress. Suppressing an athlete's levels now will not negate all the gains previously attained. And sure as shit testosterone has benefits. A study showed even sedentary men gained muscle mass when given test.

It will take time, but there clearly needs to be a distinction drawn that separates these people from what we would term normal women. If a woman who transitions to male wants to compete as a male, clearly no one should give a fuck due to the obviously staggering disadvantage-taking testosterone now is not going to compare with getting shitloads of it from puberty on. Similarly, a man who transitions to a woman will have too big an advantage over her competitors, as, apparently, does an intersex person. But who is to say where to draw the line? That's why the only answer is medical research without any partisan bias, and some time. So chill the fuck out. We'll get there so stop being drama queens about it being the end of women's athletics.

Back