Lomo vs Rigo Finalized for Dec.9

What a year for boxing...

hell-yeah-gif-13.gif

What a year for boxing...
Great year for boxing
Ward-kovalev, may-mac was good for us, ggg-canelo, rigo-loma, plus spence is coming along, and crawford is looking killer. Thats just to name a few but obviously we have a lot more going as well.

Yes in his loss.
So you have only watched him fight once ever? lol Try and watch a few more of his fights first and then we might take your opinion seriously.

Holy shit. What a birthday present.

He seems sloppy and rushes in wildly. Rigo should easily beat him.

Are you talking about Salido or Lomachenko? Because that doesn't really describe Lomachenko, at all.

Fucking ace, and I think Lomo has taken the fight at the right time in terms of Rigo's career and age.

Are you talking about Salido or Lomachenko? Because that doesn't really describe Lomachenko, at all.
This. I don't understand where he got that idea from even with the Salido fight. If anything Lomachenko was far more tentative then usual because his 'body' (in reality testicles) were being banged up so badly.

props for Lomachenko taking this fight. usually if you take a fight against a guy 2 weight classes down you don't get extra credit. but Rigo is not most fighters. Lomachencko doesn't need to take this risk against a fighter who is both dangerous and a box office drag. the fact that he is making this fight says a lot about him as a champ.

Loma is bigger and younger. If this was at 126, I would hesitate more but at 130... that seems like a lot of weight to put on for Rigo.

the x-factor IMO is that Rigo often seems to just cruise when he knows that he has his opponent outclassed. hence being knocked down in fights that he was easily winning. maybe we will see something new out of Rigo if he is pushed.

I had mostly given up on ever seeing Rigo in a big fight. so glad that this is happening. may the boxing Gods ensure that both fighters make it to the ring

What is Rigo walk around weight? I don't think adding 4lbs is a big deal. Shouldn't factor in imo.

So you have only watched him fight once ever? lol Try and watch a few more of his fights first and then we might take your opinion seriously.
Yeah maybe i will, but first impression was that of him.

This will be the best "technical" boxing match of the year.

Still going with Rigo for the moment

What is Rigo walk around weight? I don't think adding 4lbs is a big deal. Shouldn't factor in imo.

He's moving up two divisions which is equal to 8 pounds. Rigo is a very small SBW as is and has been recorded as only rehydrating back up to 124 pounds on fight night (that's lighter than both Roman Gonzalez and Carlos Cuadras were when they fought each other and the same that Gonzalez weighed in as when he last fought at flyweight). If Rigo is in his typical fight shape, he won't even make it up 130 pounds, but there has been some indication that he is woefully out of shape at the moment.

He's moving up two divisions which is equal to 8 pounds. Rigo is a very small SBW as is and has been recorded as only rehydrating back up to 124 pounds on fight night (that's lighter than both Roman Gonzalez and Carlos Cuadras were when they fought each other and the same that Gonzalez weighed in as when he last fought at flyweight). If Rigo is in his typical fight shape, he won't even make it up 130 pounds, but there has been some indication that he is woefully out of shape at the moment.
Have they ever been in the same room together? Rigo and Lomo?
So we can see the difference in size

Can't wait to see the supposed "second" gear of Loma that he doesn't use against lesser competition.

Rigo was last seen on the scale at 129 per his Twitter page. He's in very good shape. If you check his twitter and IG you'll see new content of him training with Pedro Diaz at Mundo Boxing. Boxeo Cubano posted some footage recently of him as well.

Rigo was last seen on the scale at 129 per his Twitter page. He's in very good shape. If you check his twitter and IG you'll see new content of him training with Pedro Diaz at Mundo Boxing. Boxeo Cubano posted some footage recently of him as well.

Well, that's good news.

Hot diggity dawg! Thank you Rigo/Loma for at least having the balls to face each other if meaningful fights can't be made with others.

I take Rigo in this fight, I understand the weight disadvantages and age as well... but, I really don't think Rigo's shown us everything, whereas Loma has actually taken a professional loss. I know, I know, it was a "fluke" but we've seem Loma fucked with, and Rigo's is as equipped with fuckery as anyone has ever been. I expect full well Rigo will fight dirty as fuck if he has to gain the advantage, he's not afraid to bend the rules or end the fight on a rude punch.

I also favor the defense wizard when all things are as equal as they are.

Can't wait!

Of course. I don't think anyone is naive enough to believe he's just going to move up 2 divisions and take on the #1 guy there at 37 years of age (by the time they fight) without expecting him to fight dirty to at least try and even the playing field. This is likely why he's telling all of his fans on Twitter not to complain about the size difference. With that said, Loma's nut shot defense is much better now than it's ever been. His body will be on the center line enough to give Rigo a good crack to the groin though. If you watch Loma's last fight Marriaga was trying to hit him in the nuts when he put himself in the corner and taunted him. He expertly rolled with the attempted nut shot by turning his hip into it. Had it been a straight shot it would've probably landed. The ref warned him to keep his punches up but Marriaga was looking for a nut shot and then a left hook off of it once Loma bent forward from the impact of the low blow. Most of the rest of the nut shots in the fight missed because Loma hopped out of range.

Last edited:
props for Lomachenko taking this fight. usually if you take a fight against a guy 2 weight classes down you don't get extra credit. but Rigo is not most fighters. Lomachencko doesn't need to take this risk against a fighter who is both dangerous and a box office drag. the fact that he is making this fight says a lot about him as a champ.

Loma is bigger and younger. If this was at 126, I would hesitate more but at 130... that seems like a lot of weight to put on for Rigo.

the x-factor IMO is that Rigo often seems to just cruise when he knows that he has his opponent outclassed. hence being knocked down in fights that he was easily winning. maybe we will see something new out of Rigo if he is pushed.

I had mostly given up on ever seeing Rigo in a big fight. so glad that this is happening. may the boxing Gods ensure that both fighters make it to the ring

Me too.

Mad props to Lomachenko for fighting a guy, at 130lbs, who should be at 118. And a lot older too.
Especially when he refused to fight him at lower weights and himself refused a fight with Crawford for being too small.

The sport needs more risk takers like him.

Back