Lomachenko vs... wait for it...

i just want to see lomachenko back in action, none of this date dribbling bullshit.

Gomez is trying to make the fight for April 28th now. That would screw over the Jacobs, Miller fights at Barclays.

Gomez is trying to make the fight for April 28th now. That would screw over the Jacobs, Miller fights at Barclays.
I don't see what's wrong with a later date in May that doesn't interfere with any other bout.

More Arum/ Top Rank gamesmanship. Get his fighters blacklisted from HBO and then say everyone ducks them.

More Arum/ Top Rank gamesmanship. Get his fighters blacklisted from HBO and then say everyone ducks them.
He gets his shitty Loma-Beltran fight he wanted. He can tell people he tried any way.

How long before Loma realizes (like Oscar and Floyd before him) that he has a bloodsucker of a promoter in Arum?

How long before Loma realizes (like Oscar and Floyd before him) that he has a bloodsucker of a promoter in Arum?
I think if this Linares fight doesn't happen because of Arum being stubborn over the date (which I can't see any other reason for) then Loma and co. will walk. They aren't stupid and won't suffer someone like Arum making problems for them that aren't in their best interests when they could have an easier more lucrative run somewhere else.

I think if this Linares fight doesn't happen because of Arum being stubborn over the date (which I can't see any other reason for) then Loma and co. will walk. They aren't stupid and won't suffer someone like Arum making problems for them that aren't in their best interests when they could have an easier more lucrative run somewhere else.

In that press conference he did in the Ukraine recently he mentioned finishing out his contract. I think he'll consider other options. No idea how many fights he has left on that TR contract, though. I just know he said that he's got a certain guarantee in place per fight. In this case right now it's 1m+ and has been since he fought Walters on HBO in late 2016.

GBP doesn't want this fight and that sucks!

1. They are claiming fight should not be on May 12th.
2. If it is, it should be on HBO.

The May 12th date is non-negotable. Its during NBA playoffs and a great time slot, and ESPN wanted it. That's why the Linaries fight is even in the conversation.

Arum has an exclusive deal with ESPN. GBP can do fights on ESPN, but Arum can't do fights away on HBO!

Its just going to be Lomachenko vs Beltran now.

He's not being stubborn. ESPN wanted Lomachenko on this date. Its the entire premise for the fight. And its a great time slot. Will likely do crazy numbers, even if its some can.

Linares has been making like 250k at most, this fight might be give him record payday. Linares has been forced to fight in Britain for paydays because he's not a GBP priority. How many GB champions do you know that have had this many title fights overseas?? 5 of his last 7 bouts have been overseas.

GBP doesn't want this fight and that sucks!

1. They are claiming fight should not be on May 12th.
2. If it is, it should be on HBO.

The May 12th date is non-negotable. Its after NBA and a great time slot, and ESPN wanted it. That's why the Linaries fight is even in the conversation.

Arum has an exclusive deal with ESPN. GBP can do fights on ESPN, but Arum can't do fights away on HBO!

Its just going to be Lomachenko vs Beltran now.

Arum can promote fights on HBO, he just doesn't want to because their relationship didn't end amicably and he likes to hold grudges. The reports indicate that HBO is offering more money than ESPN.

Arum can promote fights on HBO, he just doesn't want to because their relationship didn't end amicably and he likes to hold grudges. The reports indicate that HBO is offering more money than ESPN.

He has an exclusive deal with ESPN. You expect Bob to destroy 2 relationships now?

Its going to be Loma vs Beltren and it'll kill HBO in the ratings either way. They can be smart about this, and just concede the Loma-Linares fight. Shape the GGG-Canelo replay they have planned AROUND it, instead of thinking Arum or ESPN are going to budge on May 12th.

ESPN wants that date, and they want it on their network. Arum has no say about that.

He has an exclusive deal with ESPN. You expect Bob to destroy 2 relationships now?

He signed a deal with ESPN. GBP also has a deal with ESPN. There is nothing in the deal that prevents TR from working with HBO on a fight by fight basis. It's reasonable for Linares, GBP, and Teiken to want to make more money fighting on HBO (as HBO is offering more money). If his relationship with ESPN is fragile enough to go to shit from this, then that says more about Bob's ability to isolate himself and burn bridges than anything else.

He signed a deal with ESPN. GBP also has a deal with ESPN. There is nothing in the deal that prevents TR from working with HBO on a fight by fight basis. It's reasonable for Linares, GBP, and Teiken to want to make more money fighting on HBO (as HBO is offering more money). If his relationship with ESPN is fragile enough to go to shit from this, then that says more about Bob's ability to isolate himself and burn bridges than anything else.

I know HBO has a deal with ESPN...i said that in my first post.

ESPN wanted this fight (Loma on May 12). How on earth should it end up on a different network?

"NBC here, we would like to commission a season of Seinfeld".... "Thanks we just put it up on CBS, thanks for believing in us!"

I know HBO has a deal with ESPN...i said that in my first post.

ESPN wanted this fight (Loma on May 12). How on earth should it end up on a different network?

"NBC here, we would like to commission a season of Seinfeld".... "Thanks we just put it up on CBS, thanks for believing in us!"

ESPN should cough up more money, then. They won't because they know that they'll have a split audience as a fair amount will tune in to HBO for the replay of Canelo/GGG 2. The only person who really benefits from having the fight on 12th on ESPN is Arum as this will allow him to keep things in-house. Lomachenko makes less money and will likely have fewer boxing fans watching on ESPN.

It makes no sense to have Lomachenko competing directly with the Canelo/GGG replay and making less money while he does it. This is Arum looking out for himself to the detriment of Lomachenko.

ESPN should cough up more money, then. They won't because they know that they'll have a split audience as a fair amount will tune in to HBO for the replay of Canelo/GGG 2. The only person who really benefits from having the fight on 12th on ESPN is Arum as this will allow him to keep things in-house. Lomachenko makes less money and will likely have fewer boxing fans watching on ESPN.

More/less money is reason for Linares to pull out, that is not reason for Arum to move his fighter to HBO when the entire premise for the fight is ESPN. They wanted this date, and thay want Loma. We already know the opponent doesn't matter (it could be Beltran).

ESPN just wants Loma, and wants it on May 12.

More/less money is reason for Linares to pull out, that is not reason for Arum to move his fighter to HBO when the entire premise for the fight is ESPN. They wanted this date, and thay want Loma. We already know the opponent doesn't matter (it could be Beltran).

ESPN just wants Loma, and wants it on May 12.

Well, it's to Lomachenko's detriment. I'm sure he'd rather be making more money while getting a viewership boost from the GGG/Canelo replay as opposed to having to compete with it. I think there is a pretty good chance that we don't see Lomachenko re-up with TR.

Back