Lomachenko vs... wait for it... | Page 6

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Queen B, Jan 30, 2018.

1. moosaev Blue Belt

moosaev
    You're blaming Salido for the ref not doing his job while also trying to delegitimize his win. While I explicitly gave credit to Benn for the win and don't hold him accountable for bad reffing. We're literally doing the exact opposite things and the fact that you actually think you got me shows how much of an imbecile you really are.

2. DeJulez Black Belt

DeJulez
    Salido is the shit. Fuck Loma.
    It's a dirty game. Wear a cup.

moosaev likes this.
  3. aries Red Belt

aries
    To be fair to Lomachenko, he never complained once to the referee during the whole fight. That was a bad move on his part as was him not hitting back Salido with low blows of his own. He's learned from that fight and he low blows back now and complains to the ref when needed. If they met now and Salido tried that shit Lomachenko would make a speed bag out of his nuts.

4. adifighter86 Orange Belt

adifighter86
    But I thought Lomachenko will fight Pacquiao?

5. Kovalev's "Man Bag" I don't do titles

Kovalev's "Man Bag"
    The point flew over your head. If you can't spot your own hypocrisy and man up then I'm not going to point it out to you. You've credited Lomachenko for one win, the Russell Jr. fight, and made excuses for the rest. A fighter will never receive full credit for not making weight on purpose as part of their strategy, nor should they.

6. Dr. Will Orange Belt

Dr. Will
    This is an unfair standard.
    Floyd at the time allowed himself to adjust to the pros and become P4P no.1 for years before and after. We are all confident Lomachenko NOW knocks out the 2013 version of Salido.
    The Salido fight was lost on the basis of two things: Pacing strategy and low blows setting up other shots & setting up effective aggression.

Lomachenko didn't even take the time to adjust himself to the professionals. Pacing strategy massively impacts Lomachenko's game. Without it, he throws too little and doesn't enact his gameplan properly. After the Salido and Russell Jr fights, Lomachenko 'found his feet' so to speak and has proven unbeatable ever since.

Zab was one fight removed from the lineal WW title, but the most recent fight was him losing to C+ grade Carlos Baldomir.

Salido was in the form of his life, he went on to clearly beat Rocky Martinez twice, and drew with Francisco Vargas (a prime version). Salido only loses to the elites.

7. Seano Hands of bone

Seano
    Don't call me out on the standard, call out the guy who put the comparison out there first.

Lomachenko lost his fight, Floyd won his. The idea is that Floyd would be considered lesser if he lost but Lomachenko somehow is exempt from that criticism?

Lomachenko made the decision to enter the elite level before was ready. Period. I don't get what an imaginary scenario with Floyd losing has to do with Lomachenko.

Lomachenko has a LOT to accomplish before he shares the room with Floyd in terms of greatness and that Salido loss and reluctance to rematch is always going to haunt him. Just like it would Floyd had he lost to Genaro Hernandez.

8. cedented Purple Belt

cedented
    Salido doesn't want to have a rematch, so how you going to force him?

9. moosaev Blue Belt

moosaev
    Complete nonsense. You accused me of whining about the result/reffing of the Benn fight and called me a hypocrite.The difference is I'm not criticizing you for whining about Salido's tactics, I'm criticizing you for taking that whining to such an extreme that you're actually pretending that Loma won the Salido fight. If you're too stupid to see the difference i can't help you.

G-man lost, i accepted that. Loma lost, you don't accept that. Get it now?

Take that stick out of your ass, you're taking criticism of Loma way too personal.

Seano likes this.
  10. Seano Hands of bone

Seano
    Oh of course. The old "no one will fight him" mantra. Salido DID want a rematch and actually publicly begged for it on HBO , a guy he beat. It wasn't until Salido went winless for like 4 fights that they mentioned rematch.

11. cedented Purple Belt

cedented
    If they do get a rematch and he beats Salido. What your reaction going to be? Are you going to say it's a good win for Lomachenko?

12. Dr. Will Orange Belt

Dr. Will
    That's the point, the comparison I put out there first was between a CURRENT Lomachenko going through such a tough fight against someone on the level of Zab Judah coming off a loss to a C+ fighter...people simply won't think Lomachenko is all that good, let alone the younger version of Floyd who struggled this way, being virtually the 'best ever' in the opinion of some. Your mentioning of Salido was a straw man. There is a difference between the Lomachenko who fought in his first 12 rounder, to the current Lomachenko. There is a difference between the Lomachenko who fought his first 12 rounder to the Lomachenko who fought his second and third twelve rounder. The difference I am drawing attention to is the current Lomachenko of 11 pro fights.
    2nd pro fight makes all the difference, and I further emphasized this by mentioning the importance of pacing strategy on Loma's style.

13. Dr. Will Orange Belt

Dr. Will
    I give full credit to Salido for beating Lomachenko. Lomachenko has a case for winning 115-113 but I have it 116-112 Salido.
    The only problem is, that version of Lomachenko is much lesser than the version after the Russell Jr fight. So this is as far as the praise will go.
    Lomachenko now would've drawn attention to the fouling immediately, he also would've lowblowed back and enacted his rather unnecessary sadistic bullying tendencies we see him do in the ring lately.
    Laurence Cole overdosed on the Xanax that night, he looked so spaced out and wasn't fit to referee. If Salido had beat this current level of Loma, then I think everyone would have a big point but that just isn't the case.

14. moosaev Blue Belt

moosaev

I remember when Floyd fought Zab Judah, regardless of how highly Floyd was ranked he never had the hyperbolic hype that Loma currently has, not even close. And mind you this is an undefeated Floyd, not a Floyd who LOST to a Salido class fighter.

Seano likes this.
  15. moosaev Blue Belt

moosaev
    Well, the Floyd that fought Canelo would've run circles around Zab. Anyone can play that game.

16. Kovalev's "Man Bag" I don't do titles

Kovalev's "Man Bag"
    I'm pretending that Loma won the Salido fight? Interesting. Show me where I've said that because I haven't. The only person taking this personal here is you. You've been complaining since the Rigo fight's outcome saying that Loma pulled him up two weight classes. That's a lie. Rigo demanded the fight and got it. He offered to go up to 130 on a dare.

You've called me an imbecile, stupid, a bitch, etc. Those jimmies were rustled badly. You're a hypocrite, plain and simple. If you want to call out a fighter for ducking below the belt line then why weren't you saying shit about Rigo doing that against Loma? Oh, right, because you're a fangirl.

17. Dr. Will Orange Belt

Dr. Will
    It is funny how the prime Floyd never had this level of hype, but now in retrospect, his younger self does have that hype. It's like people forgot that there was one king that reigned above him at the time and was seen as better than him, namely Roy Jones Jr. Ya'll musta forgot!

18. moosaev Blue Belt

moosaev
    There has been a lot of revisionism about Floyd, I agree with that.

19. Dr. Will Orange Belt

Dr. Will
    Most, including Floyd himself think Floyd was at his best in those days. How many times do we hear 'Forget the old Mayweather, you don't know shit about boxing you just been watching boxing since the Pacquiao hype, you don't know boxing history, the young PBF was a different animal, and guess what, he was aggressive'. A pile of nonsense but it floats their boat.

20. Seano Hands of bone

Seano
    <{you!}>

If a fighter wants to test himself at the elite level, it counts. Win or lose.

moosaev likes this.