Lomachenko vs... wait for it...

Don't call me out on the standard, call out the guy who put the comparison out there first.

Lomachenko lost his fight, Floyd won his. The idea is that Floyd would be considered lesser if he lost but Lomachenko somehow is exempt from that criticism?

Lomachenko made the decision to enter the elite level before was ready. Period. I don't get what an imaginary scenario with Floyd losing has to do with Lomachenko.

Lomachenko has a LOT to accomplish before he shares the room with Floyd in terms of greatness and that Salido loss and reluctance to rematch is always going to haunt him. Just like it would Floyd had he lost to Genaro Hernandez.

Salido doesn't want to have a rematch, so how you going to force him?

The point flew over your head. If you can't spot your own hypocrisy and man up then I'm not going to point it out to you. You've credited Lomachenko for one win, the Russell Jr. fight, and made excuses for the rest. A fighter will never receive full credit for not making weight on purpose as part of their strategy, nor should they.

Complete nonsense. You accused me of whining about the result/reffing of the Benn fight and called me a hypocrite.The difference is I'm not criticizing you for whining about Salido's tactics, I'm criticizing you for taking that whining to such an extreme that you're actually pretending that Loma won the Salido fight. If you're too stupid to see the difference i can't help you.

G-man lost, i accepted that. Loma lost, you don't accept that. Get it now?

Take that stick out of your ass, you're taking criticism of Loma way too personal.

Salido doesn't want to have a rematch, so how you going to force him?
Oh of course. The old "no one will fight him" mantra. Salido DID want a rematch and actually publicly begged for it on HBO , a guy he beat. It wasn't until Salido went winless for like 4 fights that they mentioned rematch.

Oh of course. The old "no one will fight him" mantra. Salido DID want a rematch and actually publicly begged for it on HBO , a guy he beat. It wasn't until Salido went winless for like 4 fights that they mentioned rematch.

If they do get a rematch and he beats Salido. What your reaction going to be? Are you going to say it's a good win for Lomachenko?

That's the point, the comparison I put out there first was between a CURRENT Lomachenko going through such a tough fight against someone on the level of Zab Judah coming off a loss to a C+ fighter...people simply won't think Lomachenko is all that good, let alone the younger version of Floyd who struggled this way, being virtually the 'best ever' in the opinion of some. Your mentioning of Salido was a straw man. There is a difference between the Lomachenko who fought in his first 12 rounder, to the current Lomachenko. There is a difference between the Lomachenko who fought his first 12 rounder to the Lomachenko who fought his second and third twelve rounder. The difference I am drawing attention to is the current Lomachenko of 11 pro fights.
2nd pro fight makes all the difference, and I further emphasized this by mentioning the importance of pacing strategy on Loma's style.

I remember when Floyd fought Zab Judah, regardless of how highly Floyd was ranked he never had the hyperbolic hype that Loma currently has, not even close. And mind you this is an undefeated Floyd, not a Floyd who LOST to a Salido class fighter.

I give full credit to Salido for beating Lomachenko. Lomachenko has a case for winning 115-113 but I have it 116-112 Salido.
The only problem is, that version of Lomachenko is much lesser than the version after the Russell Jr fight. So this is as far as the praise will go.
Lomachenko now would've drawn attention to the fouling immediately, he also would've lowblowed back and enacted his rather unnecessary sadistic bullying tendencies we see him do in the ring lately.
Laurence Cole overdosed on the Xanax that night, he looked so spaced out and wasn't fit to referee. If Salido had beat this current level of Loma, then I think everyone would have a big point but that just isn't the case.

Well, the Floyd that fought Canelo would've run circles around Zab. Anyone can play that game.

Complete nonsense. You accused me of whining about the result/reffing of the Benn fight and called me a hypocrite.The difference is I'm not criticizing you for whining about Salido's tactics, I'm criticizing you for taking that whining to such an extreme that you're actually pretending that Loma won the Salido fight. If you're too stupid to see the difference i can't help you.

G-man lost, i accepted that. Loma lost, you don't accept that. Get it now?

Take that stick out of your ass, you're taking criticism of Loma way too personal.

I'm pretending that Loma won the Salido fight? Interesting. Show me where I've said that because I haven't. The only person taking this personal here is you. You've been complaining since the Rigo fight's outcome saying that Loma pulled him up two weight classes. That's a lie. Rigo demanded the fight and got it. He offered to go up to 130 on a dare.

You've called me an imbecile, stupid, a bitch, etc. Those jimmies were rustled badly. You're a hypocrite, plain and simple. If you want to call out a fighter for ducking below the belt line then why weren't you saying shit about Rigo doing that against Loma? Oh, right, because you're a fangirl.

It is funny how the prime Floyd never had this level of hype, but now in retrospect, his younger self does have that hype. It's like people forgot that there was one king that reigned above him at the time and was seen as better than him, namely Roy Jones Jr. Ya'll musta forgot!

There has been a lot of revisionism about Floyd, I agree with that.

I remember when Floyd fought Zab Judah, regardless of how highly Floyd was ranked he never had the hyperbolic hype that Loma currently has, not even close. And mind you this is an undefeated Floyd, not a Floyd who LOST to a Salido class fighter.
<{you!}>

If a fighter wants to test himself at the elite level, it counts. Win or lose.

If they do get a rematch and he beats Salido. What your reaction going to be? Are you going to say it's a good win for Lomachenko?
No one wants to see a rematch NOW. If it happens now, I'll call it what it will be. An old fighter sacrificing himself for a payday.

Salido left the division and turned down the rematch several times, even when he was offered exceptional amounts of money. He wanted nothign to do with Lomachenko, that's not even debatable. Not that I blame him, he woudl have gotten anhilated, and deserved to go out on his own terms, but let's call a spade a spade, or in this case, let's call a duck a duck.

also, the timeline makes little sense. Salido went winless immediately after beating Loma. If Loma didn't want a rematch, he was a duck, and if he did, he was cherry picking a past his prime fighter. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Salido left the division and turned down the rematch several times, even when he was offered exceptional amounts of money. He wanted nothign to do with Lomachenko, that's not even debatable. Not that I blame him, he woudl have gotten anhilated, and deserved to go out on his own terms, but let's call a spade a spade, or in this case, let's call a duck a duck.
He got better paydays and main event status against Martinez and Vargas.

also, the timeline makes little sense. Salido went winless immediately after beating Loma. If Loma didn't want a rematch, he was a duck, and if he did, he was cherry picking a past his prime fighter. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Well, they did that in the first fight and it backfired.

Well, they did that in the first fight and it backfired.
Early offers against Salido were around 500K, at HBO's most generous, Salido was offered something in the 700Ks. If I remember correctly, he got about 400K-500K for Martinez and Vargas. So no, there's really no way to defend Salido here. He ducked harder than Daffy.

yes, Loma lost, an unfortunate setback for him. Still, doesn't change the fact that Salido avoided a rematch like the plague.

Numerically, it counts. But the sport is so much more than that. It's best to see it as it is and with all fairness.
part a) Salido beat Lomachenko, period. Lomachenko has a loss, period. Lomachenko looked lost throughout most of the fight even if he did win some rounds.

part b) Lomachenko hadn't adjusted to the professionals at all. He dared to be great. That version of Salido would get beaten and most likely get knocked out against a 2-1 Lomachenko let alone an 10-1 Loma.

part c) When assessing H2H abilities, we consider the circumstances which helped Salido attain victory need to be considered. i.e the weight, the low blows which had multiple effects on the fight, Loma's undershot pacing strategy, and how much Loma has improved.
See, I wonder- Has Lomachenko actually adjusted? Or has he been facing more favorable opponents? Until I see a guy who can get inside on him and rough him up like Salido did, then I remain skeptical.

Honestly, I see classic Top Rank promotion with Lomachenko. Calling out all these guys but not fighting any of them until they look like garbage. Thats not to say he won't eventually prove me wrong but he's not doing it beating Jason Sosa and 37 year old bantamweights.

Most, including Floyd himself think Floyd was at his best in those days. How many times do we hear 'Forget the old Mayweather, you don't know shit about boxing you just been watching boxing since the Pacquiao hype, you don't know boxing history, the young PBF was a different animal, and guess what, he was aggressive'. A pile of nonsense but it floats their boat.

The two aren't mutually exclusive though...a young Floyd was indeed better, against a certain type of fighter. But naturally the accrued experience that comes with age allowed him to figure out more awkward fighters in his later years that he may have struggled more with as a youth.

Salido admitted himself that Lomachenko was a harder fight for him than Vargas and that he'd need to be paid more. I'll take his word for it over yours.

No one wants to see a rematch NOW. If it happens now, I'll call it what it will be. An old fighter sacrificing himself for a payday.

But you didn't answer my question. If Lomachenko beats Salido, do you think it's a good win?

See, I wonder- Has Lomachenko actually adjusted? Or has he been facing more favorable opponents? Until I see a guy who can get inside on him and rough him up like Salido did, then I remain skeptical.
Have you not seen him low blow people immediately if they hit him a bit low? And he complains to the ref quite a lot now. Those were both things he refused to do in the Salido fight. It's obvious he's made big adjustments. And the sparring stories of him hitting guys hard in the cup and then following with a swift uppercut if they stray too low leaving them gasping for breath. It's pretty obvious he's adapted after the lessons that Salido taught him.

Back