Lomachenko vs... wait for it...

You really don't. It can be downright disconcerting.
When someone gets one of my likes-

10b.%20King%20Knighting%20Squire%20colour%20copy.jpg

Good fight and it moves Lomanchenko into the same weight class as Garcia and only one weight class below Crawford. Hopefully those fights are part of the future.

I wonder how people would react if Lomachenko won 115-112 against Zab Judah who is coming off a loss against Baldomir (imagining both Judah and Baldomir were both 130lb sized men).

People would've written him off. Mayweather won 115-112 (he was knocked down in round 2 so I count that).
Yeah they would have done. But i can't remember if Floyd was considered P4P#1 at that time like Loma is currently by some.

This fight should be competitive, but Loma doesn't seem let any fight be competitive. Lol.

loma going to 135 is the best thing he can possibly do, if he goes on to fight linares, berchelt and garcia, and pulls off all those wins i will be speechless

I wonder how people would react if Lomachenko won 115-112 against Zab Judah who is coming off a loss against Baldomir (imagining both Judah and Baldomir were both 130lb sized men).

People would've written him off. Mayweather won 115-112 (he was knocked down in round 2 so I count that).
Oh really, how did people react when he lost to Salido?

Oh really, how did people react when he lost to Salido?

Many weren't surprised given Salido's tactics in that fight and having missed weight to give up his title to an amateur. Not a credible victory for Salido and he didn't even want the rematch. Loma was certainly not considered the P4P #1 at the time as a pro while Floyd was by many.

Last edited:
Many weren't surprised given Salido's tactics in that fight and having missed weight to give up his title to an amateur. Not a credible victory for Salido and he didn't even want the rematch.

lol, this is exactly the sort of answer I expected.

Salido's tactics eh? I'm sure you mean the low blows?

mayweather-Judah.jpg

But Floyd was probably just kidding around. Still at least he won this fight.

lol, this is exactly the sort of answer I expected.

Salido's tactics eh? I'm sure you mean the low blows?

mayweather-Judah.jpg

But Floyd was probably just kidding around. Still at least he won this fight.

Floyd milking a single low blow? LOL. Loma took 105 and didn't complain a single time. Try again.

Floyd milking a single low blow? LOL. Loma took 105. Try again.
Floyd won. Lomachenko lost. Just saying. The idea here is that Floyd would be lesser if he had lost to Zab but for some reason , the same doesn't apply to Lomachenko. Zab was one fight removed from the lineal WW title. Salido was one fight removed from losing to Garcia.

A standard was applied here. Apply it to both fighters.

Floyd won. Lomachenko lost. Just saying. The idea here is that Floyd would be lesser if he had lost to Zab but for some reason , the same doesn't apply to Lomachenko. Zab was one fight removed from the lineal WW title. Salido was one fight removed from losing to Garcia.

A standard was applied here. Apply it to both fighters.

Floyd had been a pro for 35 fights going into that fight with Zab. And no, Salido had knocked out Orlando Cruz after the Garcia "loss". The fight in which you said Mikey quit. Consistency is a standard too, you know. Just saying.

Floyd had been a pro for 35 fights going into that fight with Zab. And no, Salido had knocked out Orlando Cruz after the Garcia "loss". The fight in which you said Mikey quit. Just saying.
Thats Lomachenko's fault for biting off more than he could chew. Not Floyd's. If you guys want to celebrate the guy for fighting slightly better competition early on than most do, then you have to take the good with the bad. Lomachenko lost his fight. Floyd didn't.

Thats Lomachenko's fault for biting off more than he could chew. Not Floyd's. If you guys want to celebrate the guy for fighting slightly better competition early on than most do, then you have to take the good with the bad. Lomachenko lost his fight. Floyd didn't.

Was Loma considered the #1 P4P fighter in the world (as a pro) when he lost to Salido? No. Floyd was considered the best in the world when he fought Zab. While he didn't lose he didn't look good, either. More importantly, Zab fought on his terms.

Was Loma considered the #1 P4P fighter in the world (as a pro) when he lost to Salido? No. Floyd was considered the best in the world when he fought Zab. While he didn't lose he didn't look good, either.
Keep moving those goalposts.

Keep moving those goalposts.

That was the original argument. The only one moving any goalpost is you. Follow the thread or just don't comment. Here you go.

Yeah they would have done. But i can't remember if Floyd was considered P4P#1 at that time like Loma is currently by some.

Many weren't surprised given Salido's tactics in that fight and having missed weight to give up his title to an amateur. Not a credible victory for Salido and he didn't even want the rematch. Loma was certainly not considered the P4P #1 at the time as a pro while Floyd was by many.

Great fighters can deal with dirty ring tactics, by diminishing Salido's victory you only succeed at diminishing Lomachenko.

Loma lost to Salido, flat out.

Back