Lomachenko vs Linares on May 12th may happen if...

aries

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The Lomachenko vs. Linares fight looked like it wasn't going to be made but it now looks like there will be a possibility it goes ahead on the original date that everyone wants of 12th of May. The only hurdle to this happening is if ESPN are prepared to reschedule a Women's softball match. This is according to Arum at least. Really hoping that this is true and ESPN do the decent thing but apparently Softball isn't a joke so we'll have to wait and see.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/03...es-will-happen-on-may-12-if-espn-shifts-game/

And here's a vid of the great man playing ice hockey. He looks pretty good at it to my uneducated eyes:

Last edited:
if this fight falls through due to a fucking women's softball match, i'm going to lose my shit.

The Lomachenko vs. Linares fight looked like it wasn't going to be made but it now looks like there will be a possibility it goes ahead on the original date that everyone wants of 12th of May. The only hurdle to this happening is if ESPN are prepared to reschedule a Women's softball match. This is according to Arum at least. Really hoping that this is true and ESPN do the decent thing but apparently Softball isn't a joke so we'll have to wait and see.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/03...es-will-happen-on-may-12-if-espn-shifts-game/

And here's a vid of the great man playing ice hockey. He looks pretty good at it to my uneducated eyes:

Eric Gomez (Golden Boy prez) was told by ESPN that they'd consider the timeslot change about a week ago. I'm sure that he'd like to know who he's fighting next and they're down to two months out from the fight if they plan to keep that date. If they can't make up their mind within 48-72 hours then I'll be expecting Beltran.

Here's part 1 of the rec league hockey team he's part of. At the 28 second mark it gets a bit more interesting.

Eric Gomez (Golden Boy prez) was told by ESPN that they'd consider the timeslot change about a week ago. I'm sure that he'd like to know who he's fighting next and they're down to two months out from the fight if they plan to keep that date. If they can't make up their mind within 48-72 hours then I'll be expecting Beltran.

Here's part 1 of the rec league hockey team he's part of. At the 28 second mark it gets a bit more interesting.

I really hope that it doesn't end up being Beltran instead of Linares, that would be a real let down. Lets hope ESPN come to a decision soon.

He looks good in that clip, I guess he should be considering he was even thinking about a career in hockey at one point.

I really hope that it doesn't end up being Beltran instead of Linares, that would be a real let down. Lets hope ESPN come to a decision soon.

He looks good in that clip, I guess he should be considering he was even thinking about a career in hockey at one point.

All I know is that we can't lose out to Women's Softball, dude. I couldn't even tell you a single player's name because IT'S WOMEN'S FUCKING SOFTBALL!!! It's not that it doesn't move the needle it's that it doesn't even know the gauge exists. It could be the World Series of Women's Softball ffs and still absolutely be expected to take a backseat to Boxing regardless of who is headlining the card on any given night at any given time. Arum's excuse better not be that we lost to Women's Softball on a basic cable tv station. It's the Little League version of collegiate Baseball and it's for chicks. It's not THAT far off from Tee-Ball tbh.

Tee_ball_player_swinging_at_ball_on_tee_2010.JPG

Beltran isn't as pleasant to watch as Linares, but I don't know if he really brings less advantages over Loma than Jorge.

Linares is a boxer who can throw nice combos. I like the guy a lot but he's there to be hit and he's slower than Hi-tech. Of course he's been boxing at 135 for years, but this side of size the matchup isn't very good for him. You don't outbox Lomachenko, you outhustle him.

While less talented Beltran may show us if Loma really learned how to deal with agression and keeping a big, effective and experienced brawler off of him.

Looks like the Linares fight is going to happen after all. EPSN gave women's softball the boot in favour of hosting the Lomachenko vs Linares bout. Common sense wins through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back