Lomachenko vs Errol Spence jr would look like Naseem vs Barrera

You mean Golovkins sloppy seconds that didnt belong in the ring with Golovkin?

Regardless, Spence still slaughters everyone near this weight. There is a reason no one is itching to fight him.

Spence at 154 has good fights there. Hurd, J-Rock, and maybe Trout or Charlo. He should go there instead of waiting on One Time

Im not

I get the feeling most people think of MAB as a one hit wonder against Hamed and the Morales fights
Wow, I have never heard that in my life...
And Morales and hamed is already 3 wins... not “1” [win] hit wonder.
Onlyone who had clearly dominated a fight against prime Barrera was pac. In all his other fights, even the very few losses, the other guy struggled more.

Edit: and no, commentators regularly say “the great” marco antonio barrera, and fans do wank him. You’re the first and only person i ever heard to say otherwise.

really? Are you being serious? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm genuinely surprised.
Yep I'm being serious, I don't view him as doing anything to make him an ATG, he was a bit of a wet noodle when he went up against actual ATG's
Im not

I get the feeling most people think of MAB as a one hit wonder against Hamed and the Morales fights

Yeah that's how I feel, he beat Hamed who I don't view as being anywhere near a great and he beat Morales who could have won if he boxed instead of going toe to toe because of the bad blood between them. Though I will give those fights credit as they were absolute blockbusters.

Yep I'm being serious, I don't view him as doing anything to make him an ATG, he was a bit of a wet noodle when he went up against actual ATG's

Yeah that's how I feel, he beat Hamed who I don't view as being anywhere near a great and he beat Morales who could have won if he boxed instead of going toe to toe because of the bad blood between them. Though I will give those fights credit as they were absolute blockbusters.
Sounds like u mean u credit the fun status of the event(not the fighters).
HOWEVER, ur discrediting barrera’s wins over a healthy prime guy who made weight and camp because of a shoulda/woulda/coulda. And it’s not even 1 win... ITS TWO! BS to say Erik didn’t adjust at all in the rubber match(he had 2 tapes of 2 fights he himself was in before the third fight!).

That’s a weak decision making that should fall into the creteria of how a good fighter is. If it was one fight, I could maybe relate to ur feelings.

It’s crazy to me how some fans make such far-fetched excuses like that for fighters they like.

Edit: just pointing out again that i don’t respect barrer at all, he’s a piece of shit human being.

Onlyone who had clearly dominated a fight against prime Barrera was pac. In all his other fights, even the very few losses, the other guy struggled more.

It was hard to gauge MAB’s prime, before the Jones loss he was very reckless, he turned his style around for Hamed between the Morales fights then goes back to caveman for the Morales rematches then back to being a boxer against Kelley, Tapia and Juarez 2, I wouldnt necesarilly call MAB prime when he fought Pac, if anything, he wasnt fully prepared

I have literally never heard anyone refer to Barrera as an ATG.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone claim that Barrera wasn't a great fighter.

You clearly come here in good faith, so I'm not gonna insult you, I'm just genuinely shocked. Barrera beat tons of elite or near elite fighters: McKinney, Morales, Hamed, Tapia, Kelley, Ayala, Fana... Plus a lot of titlist level fighters too. This isn't a diss, I'm just surprised. I guess Barrera is most remember for getting beat up by Pac, but when you look at his career, he's done a lot, and he's generally regarded as on the same plane as Morales.

Sounds like u mean u credit the fun status of the event(not the fighters).
HOWEVER, ur discrediting barrera’s wins over a healthy prime guy who made weight and camp because of a shoulda/woulda/coulda. And it’s not even 1 win... ITS TWO! BS to say Erik didn’t adjust at all in the rubber match(he had 2 tapes of 2 fights he himself was in before the third fight!).

That’s a weak decision making that should fall into the creteria of how a good fighter is. If it was one fight, I could maybe relate to ur feelings.

It’s crazy to me how some fans make such far-fetched excuses like that for fighters they like.

Edit: just pointing out again that i don’t respect barrer at all, he’s a piece of shit human being.

I'm not making any excuses for any fighter I like or don't like. I think Barrera was over hype and when he fought quality opponents he lost. Sadly winning 3 fights doesn't make you an ATG. The ATG tag is handed out almost as easily as belts are nowdays. Its like people saying Micky Ward and Arturo Gatti are ATG's when in reality they weren't elite caliber fighters, tough yes both were incredibly tough but neither were able to beat a quality opponent.

I'm not making any excuses for any fighter I like or don't like. I think Barrera was over hype and when he fought quality opponents he lost. Sadly winning 3 fights doesn't make you an ATG. The ATG tag is handed out almost as easily as belts are nowdays. Its like people saying Micky Ward and Arturo Gatti are ATG's when in reality they weren't elite caliber fighters, tough yes both were incredibly tough but neither were able to beat a quality opponent.
First to beat Hamed and Morales and he should be 3-0 against Morales IMO, beat a gold medalist in a war, deserved a draw against JMM, and he’s over hyped?

Story of MAB’s career really, and I truly beleived he was black balled by boxing for being one of the very few boxers for speaking up against corruption, even went as far as saying promoters and titles are meaningless but respected the WBO

He doesnt get the recognition he deserves

First to beat Hamed and Morales and he should be 3-0 against Morales IMO, beat a gold medalist in a war, deserved a draw against JMM, and he’s over hyped?

Story of MAB’s career really, and I truly beleived he was black balled by boxing for being one of the very few boxers for speaking up against corruption, even went as far as saying promoters and titles are meaningless but respected the WBO

He doesnt get the recognition he deserves

I didn't say he was overhyped, I said he isn't an ATG.

Back