Lomachenko vs Errol Spence jr would look like Naseem vs Barrera

an actual nas that cared and trained would have beat Barerra, so yea I agree, since loma will care and will train hard therefore would beat spence

Was it ever discussed? I believe Jones Jr./Tyson was actually discussed in 2002

Oh I'm not sure. RJJ began his weight climb earlier than that. Won the HW title in '03. I don't know if they were in talks to fight. It would be interesting if they were.

I honestly can't think of any notable opponents Naz beat, Barerra to me was never that great of a fighter either and he made Naseem look like a cab driver. I'll say that the chronic hand issues Naz had would have attributed to him not fighting a lot of quality fighters.

Barrera was definitely a great fighter. It's not even arguable. Hamed's FW resume wasn't bad, either, actually.

an actual nas that cared and trained would have beat Barerra, so yea I agree, since loma will care and will train hard therefore would beat spence

Hamed would never beat Barrera and Lomachenko would never beat Spence.

Spence is a big WW and Lomachenko is a smallish LW. I don't see any comparison to Barrera/Hamed, but you're right that Lomachenko would get destroyed.

Hamed would never beat Barrera and Lomachenko would never beat Spence.
Hamed won four of 12 rounds against Barerra despite not caring nor training, to say he couldn't win two more (+ the point deduction) = absurd

A FW championship bout hardly looks like a fight involving a small LW and a big WW.

Hamed won four of 12 rounds against Barerra despite not caring nor training, to say he couldn't win two more (+ the point deduction) = absurd

The scores flattered Hamed. Hamed had very few moments in the fight, and as a whole, it was controlled by Barrera. People overstate Hamed's lack of application to the sport, as well. He was always headstrong and marched to the beat of his own drum. If he couldn't get up for the only fight of his career against a genuinely elite fighter, that's directly indicative of his quality as a fighter. He didn't have the fundamentals or volume to ever win clearly on the scorecards, and he was never going to stop Barrera.

I honestly can't think of any notable opponents Naz beat, Barerra to me was never that great of a fighter either and he made Naseem look like a cab driver. I'll say that the chronic hand issues Naz had would have attributed to him not fighting a lot of quality fighters.
Well, he beat Kelley, Medina, Bungu, Vazquez, and Johnson, who were all good to very good fighters.

Barrera is pretty much universally regarded as an ATG with a stacked resume.

Except Hamed and Barrera were in the same weight class.

Apologies to all those in the thread who have already pointed out this salient fact.

Actually Barerra didnt have a full training camp for Pacquiao, if he did, who knows

Only way Spence loses to Loma is if the same happened to him

This isn't really an interpretation of Naz's career that I agree with. Naz fought some quality fighters. Sure, he wasn't fighting killers every time out, but I think his resume is better than most fans, particuarly American fans, want to acknowledge (part of this might also simply be a reaction to his British fans, who treat him as the best thing since sliced bread).

Naz fought a big guy in Kevin Kelly who was a rising star in the American boxing scene. When you look at the size difference it was a big difference but Naseem handled him real well.

I am still waiting for Vic Darchinyan to come out of retirement to challenge Wilder.
Wilder doesn’t want any part of that. The volume would be sickening as Vic just submerged him in Armenian fury

Naz fought a big guy in Kevin Kelly who was a rising star in the American boxing scene. When you look at the size difference it was a big difference but Naseem handled him real well.
Lol

Well, he beat Kelley, Medina, Bungu, Vazquez, and Johnson, who were all good to very good fighters.

Barrera is pretty much universally regarded as an ATG with a stacked resume.

I have literally never heard anyone refer to Barrera as an ATG.

really? Are you being serious? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm genuinely surprised.
Im not

I get the feeling most people think of MAB as a one hit wonder against Hamed and the Morales fights

Back