Lomachenko Suplex Wrestling!

James Toney was a fat, brain damaged, shot to pieces, 42 year-old former middleweight. He was no longer any good at his own sport by the time he fought Randy Couture.

If you think NCAA guys are having an easy time with Lomachenko based on what happened between James Toney vs Randy Couture then you're sorely mistaken
I think NCAA guys are going to have an easy time with Lomachenko based on the fact Dillashaw took down and beat up BJJ brown belt and experienced MMA fighter Lineker at will... what do you think will happen with Loma?
Or Mendes wrestle-fucking black belt Swanson?
And getting to brown/black belt level taked almost a decade on average... still not a guarantee to nullify takedowns/grappling.

Lmao at calling Toney sloppy. Also lmao at ‘all time’.
Technique doesn’t save you from a double leg or bodylock. Years of wrestling do.
Have you even see Lomachenko fight? Did you see TJ sparring with him? He made the guy with possibly the best footwork in the UFC look like he'd taken a couple of boxercise classes. It's not the 2006. Wrestling isn't the be all and end all it used to be. McGregor managed to win titles with much worse boxing and little wrestling to speak of.

Which one are you implying is the best technical boxer of all time either way you are wrong about that statement. At this point in his career loma has not gotten anywhere close to Toney's legacy in pro boxing. Loma is a great boxer with experience in wrestling,sambo, and judo from what I gather from the video , and he could have great career in mma if took 18 months to a 2 year to transition into mma (not going happen).
I mean Lomachenko of course. The dude is a beast. Two Olympic golds, 396 wins and 1 loss at amateur level. He makes other great fighters look like chumps.

It is MUCH easier for a top level athletic boxer to train 12-18 months of MMA and do really well than the other way around. Its not even close.

Have you even see Lomachenko fight? Did you see TJ sparring with him? He made the guy with possibly the best footwork in the UFC look like he'd taken a couple of boxercise classes. It's not the 2006. Wrestling isn't the be all and end all it used to be. McGregor managed to win titles with much worse boxing and little wrestling to speak of.
Conor is a brown belt in BJJ and has shown he can hang with a Gracie Black Belt in Diaz (when not rocked obviously) and nullified Alvarez' famed submission game, so Conor has legit grappling and TDD (evidenced during Mendes fight), despite what Sherdog may want to believe.
Conor has boxing skill to rival Lomachenko for at least 3-4 rounds also.
Finally, TJ did well against him, even nailed him good on two occasions. Yeah, he got outboxed, but kicks, wrestling and ground fighting are too many varying skillsets to master.
Imo, hypothetically, if Loma wanted to transition, he'd need 2-3 years of training in all aspects of MMA.

MMA fans are the only group I’ve ever seen who actively want to see there sport discredited.

What bunch of cucks.

Now I see why Ngannou got so hyped on here.

This is the boxing forum, I'm guessing most of us here prefer boxing over MMA when it comes down to it.

In particular boxing fans typically get tired of some MMA folks proclaiming the "death" of boxing because they don't appreciate it, so of course there will be some people mocking MMA in retaliation.

Warms my heart to see a boxer getting so much respect from MMA fans. Cheers, boys.

Loma's partner was wearing a FUBU shirt. I didn't even realize that brand was still around. That's what impressed me the most.

Decent
Wood get smashed in MMA vs NCAA guys unless he has 60 months TDD training.
He has much better wrestlers in Ukraine/Russia to train with... these guys who he has access to are world/european champions/medalists, not college wrestlers (nothing against college wrestlers).

A) I’m 99% sure this thread started in the heavies and was moved to the boxing forum.

B) this is a sub forum on an MMA website.

C) I have nothing against boxing and respect it as its own sport.
When I opened the thread and recognised no one in it, it was obviously started in the heavies. You obviously weren’t discrediting boxing, you were doing the exact opposite.

It's 2018 and people are discovering greco-roman wrestling and suplexing lol

Don't compare James Toney to Lomachenko. He's possibly the best technical boxer of all time. And you're wrong. He's a machine.

Toney is every bit the boxing equal of Loma, possibly better.

Equal athlete too. He was recruited to play CB at Michigan and QB at Western Michigan. He once beat Deion Sanders' ass at a football camp for studs.

Conor is a brown belt in BJJ and has shown he can hang with a Gracie Black Belt in Diaz (when not rocked obviously) and nullified Alvarez' famed submission game, so Conor has legit grappling and TDD (evidenced during Mendes fight), despite what Sherdog may want to believe.
Finally, TJ did well against him, even nailed him good on two occasions. Yeah, he got outboxed, but kicks, wrestling and ground fighting are too many varying skillsets to master.
Imo, hypothetically, if Loma wanted to transition, he'd need 2-3 years of training in all aspects of MMA.

He's a top tier boxer. You come to him Like Conrad did to Mayweather. NOT the other way around.

<LikeReally5> .

Conor got taken down at will by Mendes. And Conor wouldn't hang with Lomachenko. He's no point fighter like Mayweather. Lomachenko is possibly the only boxer that could make the transition. He's that good.

Toney is every bit the boxing equal of Loma, possibly better.

Equal athlete too. He was recruited to play CB at Michigan and QB at Western Michigan. He once beat Deion Sanders' ass at a football camp for studs.
Fuck off. Lomachenko is three levels higher. He makes great fighters look like beginners. You have no clue.

Fuck off. Lomachenko is three levels higher. He makes great fighters look like beginners. You have no clue.

No you fuck off lol.

Sugar Ray Robinson wasn't 3 levels above Toney.

You're an mma fan spewing vague generalizations about a sport you know nothing about.

Toney beat undefeated Michael Nunn and Vasily Jirov---12 years and 30lbs apart. Ring Magazine fighter of the year twice---12 years and 30 lbs apart.
Reggie Johnson and Mike McCallum equal anything Loma has done. And Nunn and Jirov are way better wins than any of Loma's.

How many weight classes did Rigo go up to fight Loma? 2? 3?

Go watch some boxing.

Back