Lomachenko knocked down multiple times in recent sparring session [video]

I see some serious holes in Lomachenko's game here. He is very susceptible to that left hook for one thing, and standing on your knees like that can seriously impact mobility, so it's not really advised. And they say this guy has good footwork? Haha, most people don't know shit about boxing, that's for sure. The other guy even looks smaller than him. Probably fights at a lower weight.

Total hype job.

Damn, that combo at 0:45 is sweet, he got Lomachenko bent over with a body shot, then out with a right hook. He has got that 'superstar quality'.

A little guy beating Loma. This video should give Rigo some hope.

A little guy beating Loma. This video should give Rigo some hope.

Not so sure about that one anymore. Roach dropped this bombshell a week ago. He says that when he had Rigo that he was dropped many times in sparring and once by a 14 year old kid. He talks about him not having a great chin but having great defense to make up for it. Well, you need both (a pretty solid chin at least), especially against someone bigger and as accurate as Lomachenko.

Last edited:
Not so sure about that one anymore. Roach dropped this bombshell a week ago. He says that when he had Rigo that he was dropped many times in sparring and once by a 14 year old kid. He talks about him not having a great chin but having great defense to make up for it. Well, you need both (a pretty solid chin at least), especially against someone bigger and as accurate as Lomachenko.

No matter how good you are, a solid chin is a must. Eventually you will get cracked. Froch listed it as a must awhile ago.

No matter how good you are, a solid chin is a must. Eventually you will get cracked. Froch listed it as a must awhile ago.
Yup Froch said you need a Froch like iron chin

That's what I said, a pretty/fairly solid chin at minimum is necessary. Freddie seems to think that just great defense is enough but that's not reality if you fight regularly enough against top competition. Some fighters may have an average or just above average chin but have the ability to recover faster than others. Quick recovery can help compensate for it a bit but not if a relentless fighter that can crack decides to stay on you and doesn't allow you to recover again or even in the first place.

Last edited:
I see some serious holes in Lomachenko's game here. He is very susceptible to that left hook for one thing, and standing on your knees like that can seriously impact mobility, so it's not really advised. And they say this guy has good footwork? Haha, most people don't know shit about boxing, that's for sure. The other guy even looks smaller than him. Probably fights at a lower weight.

Total hype job.
Canner Mcgruber must have wrecked him when they sparred

That's what I said, a pretty/fairly solid chin at minimum is necessary. Freddie seems to think that just great defense is enough but that's not reality if you fight regularly enough against top competition. Some fighters may have an average or just above average chin but have the ability to recover faster than others. Quick recovery can help compensate for it a bit but not if a relentless fighter that can crack decides to stay on you and doesn't allow you to recover again or even in the first place.

Sorry, I forgot to add I agree.

Well I think at the highest level you need a sturdy chin because even the best of them are gonna get cracked in the face, real hard, at some point. Froch saying this kind of takes away from this because it seemed like more of an imperative for him given how often his face has been tenderized. What I mean to say is, while his defense isn't terrible, perhaps the chin had to be there for him to get as far as he did in his career.

At 1:07 he actually did the glove drop move lmao

At 1:07 he actually did the glove drop move lmao

Yeah, the guard peel/hand trap. The kid's own guard was peeled @ 1:04. His son must've learned that one seconds before through "monkey see, monkey do". He should've used his opposite hand to peel though and his left hand to hook him. I hope he can improve that aspect of his game but overall it's impressive given his current pre-Pee Wee level.

Last edited:
Typical shit Euro fighter, cherry picking easy opponents. Salido would be the fookin' piss out of that sparring partner, just like he would Loma. Which is why Loma is obviously ducking Salido.

Back