Lomachenko is the best ever.

You obviously aren’t a veteran of the trash a fighters legacy threads on maxboxing. I can guarantee you I know more people who could make the argument convincing quicker than you can buy a coffee. I’m not going to do it myself because people don’t read threads and then jump on one phrase.

Name a fight where chief second jumped into the ring and his fighter won who doesn’t have joy as his middle name.
First its google you need to argue now its some other goofs not named sunfish you want to argue points?
Im not trying to trash any fighters you fucking goof.

First its google you need to argue now its some other goofs not named sunfish you want to argue points?
Im not trying to trash any fighters you fucking goof.
Are you trying to make yourself look like you have an iq of a lobster?

You didn’t answer my question.

If you want to try and take me on on boxing history I’m here all week, try the veal. Or in your case le google.

Are you trying to make yourself look like you have an iq of a lobster?

You didn’t answer my question.

If you want to try and take me on on boxing history I’m here all week, try the veal. Or in your case le google.
Are you queer? Nobody wants to argue with you about anything queer. We both agreed the best fighter was floyd no? Whats to argue about dumb fuck? What fighter am i trying to trash you dumb fuck?
You are an idiot.

Are you queer? Nobody wants to argue with you about anything queer. We both agreed the best fighter was floyd no? Whats to argue about dumb fuck? What fighter am i trying to trash you dumb fuck?
You are an idiot.
So you’re whole argument is calling me gay and calling me an idiot without anything to say anything you’re saying?

I don’t do dumb fuck, I see the people I’d like to and move on from there.

And I’m climbing off your mom.

Thought I’d put a sentence that at least acknowledged your fucking idiotic retarded post.

So you’re whole argument is calling me gay and calling me an idiot without anything to say anything you’re saying?

I don’t do dumb fuck, I see the people I’d like to and move on from there.

And I’m climbing off your mom.

Thought I’d put a sentence that at least acknowledged your fucking idiotic retarded post.
I called you a queer because you invited me to argue with you all week, im a man so no i do not want to argue with you all week. That would be gay to me.

I called you a queer because you invited me to argue with you all week, im a man so no i do not want to argue with you all week. That would be gay to me.
Well go fuck some guys and stop posting here, you know jack shit and insult people who do when they disagree. If you want to talk boxing there’s a reasonable regular community who do, if you try and troll you will get balls on your face.

Well go fuck some guys and stop posting here, you know jack shit and insult people who do when they disagree. If you want to talk boxing there’s a reasonable regular community who do, if you try and troll you will get balls on your face.
Ive been in this boxing community for awhile, most of you goofs thought kovalev won kov-ward 1. That doesnt speak highly of this forum.
Youre a goof for asking another man to "argue" with you all week on an mma/boxing forum.

Ive been in this boxing community for awhile, most of you goofs thought kovalev won kov-ward 1. That doesnt speak highly of this forum.
Youre a goof for asking another man to "argue" with you all week on an mma/boxing forum.
I said ward won and won a 5 figure cash. Search it.

You are incapable of arguing facts. The longer I answer and you respond makes everyone realise you don’t know what you’re talking about.

I said ward won and won a 5 figure cash. Search it.

You are incapable of arguing facts. The longer I answer and you respond makes everyone realise you don’t know what you’re talking about.
I didnt say you called that fight 1 way or the other... i just referenced this forum being full of dudes that dont know boxing and used that fight as an example because you said i didnt know shit about boxing while inferring guys around here would school me about boxing when really there are only a handful of guys on this forum that know anything about boxing. Ward -kov 1 being a prime example of that. Rigo and loma were both touching air and nothing clean landed yet people are talking about a masterful one sided performance.... 98 percent of these people dont know shit about boxing on this forum.

This is a subforum of an MMA website. Many posters are casuals, then there are the regulars. Among them Ward-Kovalev 1 was mostly seen as a close fight or a draw. You may try other boxing forums where every poster is an expert. Their main downside is that they do not exist.

This is a subforum of an MMA website. Many posters are casuals, then there are the regulars. Among them Ward-Kovalev 1 was mostly seen as a close fight or a draw. You may try other boxing forums where every poster is an expert. Their main downside is that they do not exist.
I get that buddy, i was responding to another poster who talked as if this place was full of member who would educate me on boxing and i was making him aware that most in this forum dont know anything about boxing.
Thanks for your input and helping make my point for me.

wgt class, it does apply to rigondeux as well
corrales never panned out to be a true pfp fighter, his entire career, who did he beat to be recognized as a pfp?

mosely hurt mayweather, the worst of his career, & nearly knocked him down
that's no where near domination
Honestly dude, you are just being extremely biased and blinkered. I already said that Mosley hurt him. I'd already talked about the weight class thing with Marquez when you brought that up too as if it weren't part of the obvious comparison with Rigondeaux. Even then, Rigondeaux was already small for his weight class whereas Marquez would eventually go up to welterweight properly at the end of his career, something Rigondeaux would never be physically able to do for junior lightweight. As for your implication that Rigondeaux is not as past his best as Marquez was, Rigondeaux's slightly older than Marquez was, and four years removed from the only big fight of his career, which obviously wasn't the case for Marquez. Marquez was still to go on to have great performances after the Mayweather fight. Rigondeaux isn't going to do any of that, that's obvious.

You said explicitly that Mayweather never dominated a p4p type fighter and I think anyone remotely reasonable would agree now that that was false. Marquez was a top p4p fighter. Diego Corrales was a p4p fighter. If you want to argue that everyone was wrong in 2000 to consider him a top 10 p4p type guy, then I think that's a completely ridiculous argument to be making 17 years after the fact. "anyone hwo thinks this guys was on a top 5 pfp list doesn't know boxing" is extremely damning when it's so wrong too given that it's an indisputable fact that he was on top 5 p4p lists. All of the boxing media put him in their p4p lists at that time for a reason, the dude was a unified champion. Manfredy was one of the top guys in his division and so was Roberto Garcia, those are facts. And though he went downhill fast at the end, Corrales was still good enough to beat the top guy in the division in Casamayor and got that epic win over a great fighter, a p4p type fighter, in Castillo. Someone doesn't need to be an ATG to get inside a p4p list.

Guys like Sugar Ray Robinson, Ezzard Charles, Charley Burley,....they blow Loma, RJJ, and Floyd out of the water in terms of skill set. All eras were not created equal. All our best athletes play basketball and football now, there was a time when they all boxed.

I've considered Loma an exceptional pugilist since he was an amateur. And if we base our anlysis objectively on their respective records, so are Floyd and Rigo. In fact, if there is a style that could potentially nullify Loma's tactical paln in the ring, it'll be Floy's and/or Rigo's, but only if they were in their prime.

The fact of the matter is that Loma superiority depends on the speed in changing an initial frontal attack (which is just a misdirection maneuver to hide his true objective) to attacking the left-flank of the opponent. Napoleon use similar military tactics but in reverse,order (attack the flanks first, then the center after the enemy reposition troops from the center to the flanks).

However, Floyd (exceptional) shoulder roll and peripheral vision have the potential to render Loma's tactics with diminishing return; in addition his wide stance will mean Loma would have to pivot over a larger semicircle (reducing the effective speed of Loma's attack).

Rigo (and sweet pee) also pivot to their left, but not like Loma. Loma move his leading right foot first, so as to block the left of the opponent, and follows with straight right and left upper; he move away and to the right... and repeats. Whitaker and Rigo, move their supporting left foot firt and then pivot over their hip (that the reason why they seems to basically squat). They have similar movement to scape to the left. Rigo was able to do some of this in the 1st round, but he was already a bit slow for Loma.

Yet, none of this equates to Loma losing to Floyd, Whitaker, or even Rigo in his prime. For example, Cotto had relative success against Floyd because he attacked Floyd from Loma's preferred flank of attack for a conventional boxer.

oh fuck off, he's had 11 pro fights and lost one of them

please people, get a fucking grip

Not sure how much truth there is to this but apparently there was talk about Shakur Stevenson hurting Lomachenko to the body in their sparring sessions to the point where Loma didn't want to spar with him a lot.

seeing shakur stevenson in action, i wouldn't be surprised at all if he held his own in sparring. that kid looks beastly.

lomachenko getting repeatedly hurt by him seems a bit of a stretch, though. he's a young, talented, powerful kid. but i'm pretty sure he would get lit up like a christmas tree if he went too far in sparring with vasyl.

seeing shakur stevenson in action, i wouldn't be surprised at all if he held his own in sparring. that kid looks beastly.

lomachenko getting repeatedly hurt by him seems a bit of a stretch, though. he's a young, talented, powerful kid. but i'm pretty sure he would get lit up like a christmas tree if he went too far in sparring with vasyl.
Big difference is lomachenko had a way more important fight coming up and brought in shakur as sparring so I'm sure he had other sparring partners taking turns. He could of sparred shakur for a couple rounds then the next few rounds sparred different opponents followed by sparring shakur again whilst shakur is fresh and loma tired.

Back