Lomachenko is the best ever.

Not saying Lomachenko doesn't have the potential, but how can a guy with ten fights and one loss already be proclaimed the best ever? Sounds like something who just started watching the sport would say.

Just a second. Why are people discussing the 2000 rankings and mma fighters with regards to mayweathers legacy? Secondly someone trying to belittle Floyd hasn’t included roger jumping in the ring against zab. Thirdly, read some fucking history and stop these bullshit threads and the opinion that boxing has only existed since some dudes had a random fight with Royce Gracie.
Floyds better than anyone youve seen.

Loma was basically outclassing Rigo, it was astonishing really. Would be good to see how much of an injury Rigo had in his left hand, and if it explains why he fought the way he did.

Either way, Loma is a beast.
He missed all but maybe 2 clean punches
Loma didnt do much, rigo just did less.

Lomachenko has a win over an ATG boxer in Rigondeaux. Sure, the weight was a compromise BUT the way this fight went down had virtually nothing to do with size. One of the most skilled boxers ever in Rigondeaux was getting outskilled, outboxed and toyed with.

Is he the best ever? I think he needs to prove he can handle a rough pressure fighter for me to be convinced. Also, finish Mikey Garcia off and then people can proclaim Lomachenko is the best ever, loudly and annoyingly.

BTW, Crawford is not P4P no.1. Indongo is a regular fighter, and Gamboa was a real definition of an undersized Cuban and Crawford went through life and death with him and then imposed his size to win the fight, Lomachenko didn't have to rely on size. He made an all-time great fighter QUIT.
He got beat by salido.
Floyd obliterates loma and its not even close.
Tbe bless

I don't count the Salido loss against Lomachenko, just take a look at how good Salido was even in defeat yesterday night. A great boxers worst nightmare.

That was Lomachenko's second fight and Lomachenko finished strongly. Would you give Michael Conlan the same shit if he fought Salido in his second fight and lost a close fight? They were similar age and had the same amount of amateur experience at the most elite level.

Lomachenko would clearly beat Salido up in any rematch from Russell Jr. onwards.
Losing is losing.
Floyds the goat.

Lomachenko has a win over an ATG boxer in Rigondeaux. Sure, the weight was a compromise BUT the way this fight went down had virtually nothing to do with size. One of the most skilled boxers ever in Rigondeaux was getting outskilled, outboxed and toyed with.

Is he the best ever? I think he needs to prove he can handle a rough pressure fighter for me to be convinced. Also, finish Mikey Garcia off and then people can proclaim Lomachenko is the best ever, loudly and annoyingly.

BTW, Crawford is not P4P no.1. Indongo is a regular fighter, and Gamboa was a real definition of an undersized Cuban and Crawford went through life and death with him and then imposed his size to win the fight, Lomachenko didn't have to rely on size. He made an all-time great fighter QUIT.
Crawford has shown a durability and ability to adapt and overcome all odds while DEFEATING EVERY MAN HES EVER FACED.
Dont ever disrespect bud for winning while heaping praise on lomachenko for losing. Fanboy behaviour.

I didn't say that. He only needed Hopkins, Toney and a few others (to show how well rounded he is against all styles, but not a single one of them were elite).

If Lomachenko beats Mikey Garcia, doubters will even start to think he could be the best ever but to me, he would have to beat someone who is rough and rugged like a Jose Luis Castillo for me to believe that.

Lomachenko beat Rigondeaux in a way where size was not a factor, that alone is a great win. How Loma won determined how good of a win it was, in hindsight.
You need to slap yourself.
Toney is better than loma himself.
B hop a legend. When loma accomplishes all that they have you can talk, until then he needs to clean a division.

I love Loma, but I agree. He'll never get there though. He's 27. He had at most 10 years left. Probably fights 20 to 25 more times in that span.

27? Lomachenko is 29. Realistically he's got 3-5 years left of his prime. It will be hard to ever argue resumes with guys like Henry Armstrong or Sugar Ray Robinson but if he strings together 10-15 wins before retiring and fights the right fights he could arguably be the greatest of the modern era (Hagler, Leonard, Roy Jones, Floyd, Pacquiao etc). Loma has to fight the right fights, taking the Garcia fight is a step in the right direction.

Go on then, tell me which fights I’ve been in attendance for?

I’ll wait for your list.
I dont need to know that, i know you saw a floyd fight and thats enough to know you havent witnessed any one as sharp mentally and physically before or after.

I dont need to know that, i know you saw a floyd fight and thats enough to know you havent witnessed any one as sharp mentally and physically before or after.
Are you high? Lurk around here and you will realise that’s a ridiculous statement. Much love and kisses.

Are you high? Lurk around here and you will realise that’s a ridiculous statement. Much love and kisses.
You cant name a fighter whose showcased a career of excellence on that level. You can hate it but its the truth.

You cant name a fighter whose showcased a career of excellence on that level. You can hate it but its the truth.
I am confused with what you are asking? Is Floyd the best fighter I’ve seen live? Yes he is. What is your point?

All I’ve said is roger jumping in the ring could’ve cost Floyd his 0 and that 17 year old rankings and mma fighters have nothing to do with his legacy.

I hate watching junior witter for obvious reasons, I think Floyd is top ten all time. But as a hater I can manufacture a post where he loses to corralles Judah etc. You’re special needs.

How does that not apply even more strongly (on both counts) to Rigondeaux?

Ring Magazine end of 2000 pound for pound rankings:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/The_Ring_Magazine's_Annual_Ratings:_2000
  1. Shane Mosley
  2. Felix Trinidad
  3. Roy Jones Jr.
  4. Oscar De La Hoya
  5. Diego Corrales
  6. Naseem Hamed
  7. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
  8. Lennox Lewis
  9. Erik Morales
  10. Bernard Hopkins
Another one would be Shane Mosley. Mosley was top 5 p4p going into that one and outside of the 2nd round, it was a complete shut-out.

wgt class, it does apply to rigondeux as well
corrales never panned out to be a true pfp fighter, his entire career, who did he beat to be recognized as a pfp?

mosely hurt mayweather, the worst of his career, & nearly knocked him down
that's no where near domination

No they werent. Unless you like pitter patter nonsense that lands on the belt line and shoulders then i guess you could say its close.
Floyd dominated everyone he fought.
50-0 speaks for itself.

laughable

I am confused with what you are asking? Is Floyd the best fighter I’ve seen live? Yes he is. What is your point?

All I’ve said is roger jumping in the ring could’ve cost Floyd his 0 and that 17 year old rankings and mma fighters have nothing to do with his legacy.

I hate watching junior witter for obvious reasons, I think Floyd is top ten all time. But as a hater I can manufacture a post where he loses to corralles Judah etc. You’re special needs.
Youre talking about making up scenarios in which floyd loses fights that he won and im the special needs person? Ok buddy.

laughable
Laughable is you pretending anyone came close to beating floyd.
Floyd lands clean, they land pitter patter. If you like pitter patter they were close, if you like clean, effective punches (scoring criteria) then floyd washed them with not much problem.

Youre talking about making up scenarios in which floyd loses fights that he won and im the special needs person? Ok buddy.
No, I was scraping the barrel of bullshit excuses levied against Floyd. You clearly don’t know Floyd or his people and you’re in here to start shit ban please @RR @PUO3

No, I was scraping the barrel of bullshit excuses levied against Floyd. You clearly don’t know Floyd or his people and you’re in here to start shit ban please @RR @PUO3
No you said you could manufacture a post in which floyd lost fights that he didnt and i told you that you cant do that because they arent fights he lost or remotely came close to losing.

No you said you could manufacture a post in which floyd lost fights that he didnt and i told you that you cant do that because they arent fights he lost or remotely came close to losing.
You obviously aren’t a veteran of the trash a fighters legacy threads on maxboxing. I can guarantee you I know more people who could make the argument convincing quicker than you can buy a coffee. I’m not going to do it myself because people don’t read threads and then jump on one phrase.

Name a fight where chief second jumped into the ring and his fighter won who doesn’t have joy as his middle name.

Back