Lomachenko has the best Highlight reel of any fighter since Roy Jones Jr.

You have lofty standards if Loma doesnt impress you.
It's amazing what his father put him through. Boxing , then dancing back to boxing. On top of forcing him to be south paw even though he's naturally a righty.

Yeah it's impressive.

It's amazing what his father put him through. Boxing , then dancing back to boxing. On top of forcing him to be south paw even though he's naturally a righty.

Yeah it's impressive.
I didn't know he is a converted southpaw. You know the reason behind this decision?
Another amazing thing about him is that he was a sambo and judo champion when he was a kid.
It's great to be so gifted and have a devoted former Soviet union boxing coach for father that's really invested in you.
Reeally lucky guy.

I didn't know he is a converted southpaw. You know the reason behind this decision?
Another amazing thing about him is that he was a sambo and judo champion when he was a kid.
It's great to be so gifted and have a devoted former Soviet union boxing coach for father that's really invested in you.
Reeally lucky guy.
The idea behind it was develop both hands with equal power.

Rigo probably had the higher high. The win over Donaire was really impressive, especially since Donaire had looked really good against Nishoka and (an admitadely shot) Arce going into that fight. Loma was probably rushed a little too early compared to Rigo, but he's been facing overall higher quality opponents, but for a hot minute, Rigo looked legitimately untouchable at 122 (people were talking about him going up to fight Walters (pre-Loma), Mikey, and Chris John (pre-Vetyeka) just to fight a fight he could lose) and nobody wanted to fight Rigo in his own weight class (not that Rigo did himself any favors in negotiations or self-promotion). Even now, I'd favor Rigo over anyone at BW, SBW and FW.

also, while we're at it, rigo can be a pretty exciting fighter. His fights with Agbeko and Fransisco were shitters, but he's given us some good KOs and I enjoyed the fights with Donaire and Amagasa.

Rigo probably had the higher high. The win over Donaire was really impressive, especially since Donaire had looked really good against Nishoka and (an admitadely shot) Arce going into that fight. Loma was probably rushed a little too early compared to Rigo, but he's been facing overall higher quality opponents, but for a hot minute, Rigo looked legitimately untouchable at 122 (people were talking about him going up to fight Walters (pre-Loma), Mikey, and Chris John (pre-Vetyeka) just to fight a fight he could lose) and nobody wanted to fight Rigo in his own weight class (not that Rigo did himself any favors in negotiations or self-promotion). Even now, I'd favor Rigo over anyone at BW, SBW and FW.

also, while we're at it, rigo can be a pretty exciting fighter. His fights with Agbeko and Fransisco were shitters, but he's given us some good KOs and I enjoyed the fights with Donaire and Amagasa.

Good post. Agree completely about Rigo's Donaire win certainly being more meaningful than any single win Lomachenko has racked up so far. Lomachenko has done more because he moved up and is fighting higher caliber opposition consistently but he isn't getting the fights he actually wants. He couldn't get them at FW either. Him and Rigo have that in common. Salido is fighting a guy next that I've never heard of. Corrales just signed with GBP and I highly doubt Oscar will be willing to put him in there with Lomachenko. Gervonta said himself that he isn't ready for Loma yet, Floyd's against that fight, and Berchelt wants to fight Miura.

Either Loma can wait around and hope someone will unify with him or move up to Lightweight like he said he'd do if he can't get any of the other 130 titleholders. He's never fought at 135 as a pro but did for six fights in the WSB. He should probably be patient but he only wants to fight titleholders from this point forward. He told Arum that after the Sosa fight.

He's amazing especially because he's not like Manny or Floyd or Roy with dominant physical traits.

He's got short arms, average power and good not great speed.
I'm pretty casual when it comes to boxing but I think he has great speed and yes although he largely relies on technique and timing, I can't help but think he has great coordination to effortlessly move the way he does, moving in odd angles and what not. He also is well conditioned.

Not impressive imo. Funny that many said he can beat floyd and pac if they were in the same weight class. No chance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back