Lomachenko doesn’t want Mikey Garcia fight in December

Yeah, I still think loma can win but I favour Garcia after the Linares fight. Size matters. I think Garcia would wipe Linares out within 6 rounds.
Garcia doesnt have Linares speed. Huge reason Linares was having success.

Garcia doesnt have Linares speed. Huge reason Linares was having success.
He's got better timing, footwork and power than Linares.
IMO Garcia's timing will beat out Loma's speed combined with his size and strength advantage.

People are discrediting Linares too much, probably because he has a few losses on boxrec.

Linares vs Mikey was supposed to be a near 50/50 fight

He's got better timing, footwork and power than Linares.
IMO Garcia's timing will beat out Loma's speed combined with his size and strength advantage.
Sure it will.

People are discrediting Linares too much, probably because he has a few losses on boxrec.

I don't think so. I think most people would have picked Mikey to beat the shit out of Linares. Certainly the books wouldn't have had it anywhere near 50:50

I don't think so. I think most people would have picked Mikey to beat the shit out of Linares. Certainly the books wouldn't have had it anywhere near 50:50
After Mikey beat Broner the odds were around -150 for Garcia and +225 on Linares.

Both guys at their best, at LW......it would be a great fight. Mikey is just a bigger guy, so that would be a huge disadvantage for Lomachenko.
kinda like loma-rigo? ...nobody minded that disadvantage...why would they have a problem with mikey-loma?

lol@ dudes who keep talking about garcia don't have linares speed...as if linares speed is really that big an asset and the only reason loma got dropped. There's much speedier guys than linares who never won a title. like the late, great vernon forrest said after dominating my favorite fighter of all time ssm, "timing beats speed"...mikey will destroy loma without much effort.

kinda like loma-rigo? ...nobody minded that disadvantage...why would they have a problem with mikey-loma?
Who has a problem with it?

Well Rigo was the one asking for the fight. So if he lost due to him accepting the weight difference thats on him. Rigo only took the fight to get a payday.
I think Loma beats Mikey. Mikey is getting too much credit for beating Broner.

Well Rigo was the one asking for the fight. So if he lost due to him accepting the weight difference thats on him. Rigo only took the fight to get a payday.
I think Loma beats Mikey. Mikey is getting too much credit for beating Broner.
sure, fighters ask for fights all the time...but i'm saying, does loma deserve CREDIT for beating lil, ole rigo? of course not...and if the linares fight is any indication, mike will light that overrated ass up.

Where are you getting this from? Garcia would have been the clear betting favourite.

sure, fighters ask for fights all the time...but i'm saying, does loma deserve CREDIT for beating lil, ole rigo? of course not...and if the linares fight is any indication, mike will light that overrated ass up.
Lol Loma said it himself that the fight vs Rigo wasn't a big win for him because of the size difference.
Loma beat Linares with a injured shoulder, not sure how that isnt impressive.

Are you saying I minded one way or the other? I'm saying it would be a good fight, but Garcia would have the advantage, just as I had hoped Rigo vs Loma could have been a good fight despite the size advantage.

Lol Loma said it himself that the fight vs Rigo wasn't a big win for him because of the size difference.
Loma beat Linares with a injured shoulder, not sure how that isnt impressive.
see, that's one of the reasons i actually like loma....he's not an idiot like a lotta his fans.

Now, as for the injured shoulder, i guess we're supposed to be impressed whenever a fighter fights through injury and wins...and i am. loma beat linares with a bad shoulder...grj beat jojo diaz with a bad hand (nobody has made mention of that in this forum)...andre berto tore his shoulder in rd 4 and came back to drop soto-karass a few rounds later (got zero praise or recognition for his bravery). not to mention floyd and roy beating castillo and hopkins with one hand each...yeah, fighters deal with injuries in the ring all the time and still come back to win.

but impresses me even more was that lomahenko didn't even show signs that he was having probs with his right shoulder in the fight..didn't appear he was was trying to protect the shoulder or anything.

Are you saying I minded one way or the other? I'm saying it would be a good fight, but Garcia would have the advantage, just as I had hoped Rigo vs Loma could have been a good fight despite the size advantage.
no, but you mentioned the "disadvantage" in mikey-loma as if it's a concern. just wondering if it you had the same concerns about rigo-loma.

Yeah, I still think loma can win but I favour Garcia after the Linares fight. Size matters. I think Garcia would wipe Linares out within 6 rounds.
linares is being sold really short here after the lomachenko fight. he's a lot better than people give him credit for.

see, that's one of the reasons i actually like loma....he's not an idiot like a lotta his fans.

Now, as for the injured shoulder, i guess we're supposed to be impressed whenever a fighter fights through injury and wins...and i am. loma beat linares with a bad shoulder...grj beat jojo diaz with a bad hand (nobody has made mention of that in this forum)...andre berto tore his shoulder in rd 4 and came back to drop soto-karass a few rounds later (got zero praise or recognition for his bravery). not to mention floyd and roy beating castillo and hopkins with one hand each...yeah, fighters deal with injuries in the ring all the time and still come back to win.

but impresses me even more was that lomahenko didn't even show signs that he was having probs with his right shoulder in the fight..didn't appear he was was trying to protect the shoulder or anything.

Are you trying to make this in to a race thing? Lmao. Go to sleep bro.

no, but you mentioned the "disadvantage" in mikey-loma as if it's a concern. just wondering if it you had the same concerns about rigo-loma.

Well, weight classes exist for a reason and someone going up in weight is courting risk, unless the matchmaking is very select (Roy boy vs Ruiz). So Rigo took an admirable risk, and Loma would be doing the same if he fought Garcia.

I'd like to see the fight.

Back