Loma would need to be vvverry careful against Gervonta Davis

So you're never inspired by a boxer? That's a shame but glad you enjoy the boxing. I won't rag on at you as you know already what I'm going to say.
Not really, no. I don't really find I need inspiration so badly I guess.

What are you going to say? That you're a "real fan" because you get man crushes on boxers?

USADA is a third party testing agency that doesn't adhere to any state rules so they do not have to report to state athletic commissions even though they regularly do.

and yes, any positive out of competition testing CAN be disregarded by USADA if they find reason to do so. It's not retarded, they have more stringent testing rules and punishments than NSAC and they do far more detailed testing other than pre and post fight urine test.

They gave Mayweather a TUE, and they could've immediately reported it to NSAC but they couldn't have done anything since NSAC didn't have any rules in place that prohibited IV use at the time.
as far as i can tell, they are contractually obligated to inform the athletic commission of any positive tests. in the IV case with mayweather, they were only obliged to inform the opposing camp, but there was also a loophole in the contract that allowed them to delay that for 3 weeks.

i'm having a hard time finding any concrete legislation regarding their reporting to the commission, but that doesn't make the procedure any less retarded. the fact that they have more stringent testing is rendered entirely irrelevant if they're not required to disclose this information with the commission. the whole point is to eliminate any conflict of interest, and there is a shitload of it here if they can just disregard any or all test results.

they didn't withhold the TUE information because NSAC couldn't do anything about it. why would they? they are literally the ones enforcing the rules in this scenario.

Are you kidding ? Russell was very very highly touted going into that fight, heck a lot people picked Gary before the fight. Gary is faster boxes better and has a better tank(no pun intended). I just haven’t seen anything from tank that makes me think he would give loma problems. I mean I would love to hear some thoughts on what tank brings to the table that would give loma problems
grj was very inexperienced going into the loma fight as the smaller man...tank davis is a two-time champ in a weight class more natural to loma. that by itself, tells you that there's a big difference between them.

Not really, no. I don't really find I need inspiration so badly I guess.

What are you going to say? That you're a "real fan" because you get man crushes on boxers?
Is that what you think it is when I say that I see real talent in Lomachenko? lol I pity people like you that are so jaded that you can't celebrate when we have a true great walking amongst us. You loved Floyd when he was the best around but somehow Lomachenko if he acheives the same you won't be celebrating him, he's just an ESPN hype job.

And no I wasn't going to say that I'm a real fan I was going to say that you're a hypocrite because you complain about when fighters when you don't like them but when it's a fighter that you 'like' suddenly the faults don't matter and you are just a pure boxing fan. Calling Lomachenko boring (especially seeing as you are a mayweather fan boy) and one dimensional is when you lost all credibility with me.

Is that what you think it is when I say that I see real talent in Lomachenko? lol I pity people like you that are so jaded that you can't celebrate when we have a true great walking amongst us. You loved Floyd when he was the best around but somehow Lomachenko if he acheives the same you won't be celebrating him, he's just an ESPN hype job.
I prefer certain styles over others. That doesn't mean I need to get all emotional and gush all over my favorite fighter and blacklist anyone I identify as not a true card carrying member of the club. And Floyd is a 100X more accomplished than Lomachenko, thats just stating a fact.

And no I wasn't going to say that I'm a real fan I was going to say that you're a hypocrite because you complain about when fighters when you don't like them but when it's a fighter that you 'like' suddenly the faults don't matter and you are just a pure boxing fan. Calling Lomachenko boring (especially seeing as you are a mayweather fan boy) and one dimensional is when you lost all credibility with me.
I don't care who likes what fighter. I care when they get militant about it on the forum and act like petty childish pricks.

yeah, i read their response as well, and it doesn't make any sense. USADA is a testing agency. their job is to test, according to the rules agreed to by both parties, and report their test results to the commission. they don't get to decide whether or not someone is exempt, that immediately puts them in a conflicting position. it's like saying NSAC doesn't do out of competition testing, so any positive out of competition test can be disregarded by USADA if they deem it exempt from the rules. it's retarded, and goes against the most basic principles of anti-doping testing.

i have no evidence that USADA is wholly corrupt, but there is glaring evidence that some of their practices are shady as fuck. considering their lack of transparency regarding tests, i have absolutely no reason to trust them.

besides, their story regarding mayweather was that he was severely dehydrated and needed the IV. he weighed in at 146. the most he'd ever weighed in at was 150 vs alvarez, and the fight was signed at 152. to believe he was severely dehydrated for a welterweight fight is extremely naive.

That's what they do, though. USADA gives TUEs all the time in their capacity as the UFC's testing organization as well as the the US Olympic team's testing agency. The TUE didn't need to go through the commission because the commission didn't ban IVs. They gave an exemption for something which was only illegal under their jurisdiction (which was based WADA code). According to USADA, Mayweather was tested immediately after the IV was administered.

In terms of Mayweather being dehydrated, he had said after the second Maidana fight that he felt too dry going to the ring and that he had felt too dehydrated near the end of his camp before the Pacquiao fight. It's not exactly the most absurd thing in the world that he felt he could benefit from an IV with some vitamin C in it. The fact he was tested immediately after the IV was administered (and it was administered in the presence of USADA officials) kind of makes it a non-issue unless you think USADA is wholly corrupt. It's certainly not impossible that USADA is wholly corrupt, but again, if you're going to make that claim, you need meaningful evidence to back it.

I prefer certain styles over others. That doesn't mean I need to get all emotional and gush all over my favorite fighter and blacklist anyone I identify as not a true card carrying member of the club. And Floyd is a 100X more accomplished than Lomachenko, thats just stating a fact.

I don't care who likes what fighter. I care when they get militant about it on the forum and act like petty childish pricks.

No one is blacklisting you for not liking Lomachenko so don't spit your dummy. We merely point out when you talk shit about him that doesn't add up. It's clear you are biased against him with the stuff you come out with. You have softened a bit (as I knew you would) because he's proving he is obviously a very good fighter. And saying people are acting like childish pricks is a bit pot calling kettle black as far as you're concerned isn't it as your a master of that?

No one is blacklisting you for not liking Lomachenko so don't spit your dummy. We merely point out when you talk shit about him that doesn't add up. It's clear you are biased against him with the stuff you come out with. You have softened a bit (as I knew you would) because he's proving he is obviously a very good fighter. And saying people are acting like childish pricks is a bit pot calling kettle black as far as you're concerned isn't it as your a master of that?
You get all snide and pissy in every single one of these threads. Every single one, including this one. Every post you've responded to me with has proven my point.

If that seriously is the comeback fight, than.........

Be careful Loma. This little man Davis is a bad motherfucker when he comes in focused and ready which he most certainty would in this fight.

Now I am not saying Davis would win. But its a very rough fight. Hope it happens as it would be a pleasure to watch

Lol thought this was a @TownBiz thread

You get all snide and pissy in every single one of these threads. Every single one, including this one. Every post you've responded to me with has proven my point.
lol is this a joke? You get all snide and pissy in every single thread as well, maybe that's why we don't get along. I think you are full of shit basically and pretending to be some great unbiased boxing savant when really you are just as biased as the rest of us. You don't want me to pick on your posts then stop acting like your shit don't stink.

we're both talking about the same loma here, right?....the guy who lost to salido...the guy who got dropped by linares and was even on the scorecards ( i had linares ahead) up til the KO...THAT lomachenko? and it's not like linares was NEAR the best in that weight class...you're telling me davis is NOT on that lomachenko's level?

You couldn't be more of a fucking clown if you had a red nose and big floppy shoes.

Back