Loma and Sosa <3

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
[<cena1}
17760105_1419612491433290_3704449535054297159_n.jpg

Wow, the guy who got a gift draw against the last opponent who lost every round to you? Come on Vasyl.

Wow, the guy who got a gift draw against the last opponent who lost every round to you? Come on Vasyl.

Yeah, Sosa did get a gift draw against Walters but has rattled off two decent wins since against Fortuna in China (stopped him in a comeback) and Stephen Smith in Monaco back in November (when Vasyl last fought). Sosa has pressure, has been active, can punch, is strong, really hungry and likes to go to war. If you saw his last fight he knocked Smith down in the 2nd and cut him badly around the eye in the 3rd. He then targeted the cut. Smith wanted to box but Sosa sucked him into a brawl. It was a hell of a fight that went the distance where both were throwing everything but the kitchen sink at each other.

Yeah, Sosa did get a gift draw against Walters but has rattled off two decent wins since against Fortuna in China (stopped him in a comeback) and Stephen Smith in Monaco back in November (when Vasyl last fought). Sosa has pressure, can punch, is strong, really hungry and likes to go to war. If you saw his last fight he knocked Smith down in the 2nd and cut him badly around the eye in the 3rd. He then targeted the cut. Smith wanted to box but Sosa sucked him into a brawl. It was a hell of a fight.
I say this is a showcase fight.

I thought Gonzalez should have had an easier time with his last opponent, so maybe I'm slipping but I don't see this as a tough test for Lomachenko.

I say this is a showcase fight.

I thought Gonzalez should have had an easier time with his last opponent, so maybe I'm slipping but I don't see this as a tough test for Lomachenko.

That's essentially what this is, a showcase fight for Lomachenko. That's why he didn't want this fight in the first place. He never asked for Sosa, he wanted better options. But, Sosa is still a legit Top 10 guy and if Vasyl takes him lightly even a little bit he'll wish he hadn't. Sosa wants to beat him badly because he said it'd change his life, and he's right about that. He's determined af to beat him and trained his ass off, had a great camp and released 0 footage from it. He worked with Tevin Farmer and a lot of good guys that have sparred Lomachenko. Vasyl wanted the Salido rematch and Corrales, but Sosa was game to take the fight because he'll fight anybody and he's also with Top Rank (co-promoted by Peltz) so he was accessible.

Sosa pours the pressure on from the opening bell. He isn't going to just hold the center ring with Vasyl and look to box. He'll be looking to FIGHT him rough and aggressively, walk him down, bang his body up hard, stay on him and take his head off with relentless pressure. The guy is as aggressive as they come and throws every punch with bad intentions. He's a very heavy underdog and he knows that so we'll see just how live he is and how effectively he can pressure him in there. If you hurt him he's still going to be there swinging looking to hurt you back (not just hit you, hurt you) and pressing forward, that's how he fights. He went toe-to-toe with Walters inside for their entire fight and that was a bigger Walters (weighed more that night) and one that was more active than the version Lomachenko fought.

Vasyl has a bull to play matador with. Sosa isn't all that skilled but he's a blue collar fighter that's faced adversity and come back later in the fight to stop opponents he was down against. He could make this one much closer than the odds suggest but that's whether he has an answer for Lomachenko's ringcraft, lateral movement, angles and overall boxing acumen. He has a chance with his style and grit but nobody expects him to beat Loma. If he did it'd be a huge upset.

Last edited:
Love the respect, Loma still eats Sosa's lunch, won't be close.

Love the respect, Loma still eats Sosa's lunch, won't be close.

Sosa has nothing to lose, he's coming in confident he can win (he says) and he'll never quit. I see Lomachenko taking him out mid rounds, might have to late early rounds if Sosa is fighting like he's possessed. We could see another Rocky Martinez type of knockout. That's what Top Rank and HBO are hoping for, of course. Sosa makes a lot of mistakes that Loma can capitalize on but Sosa will be there to make him feel uncomfortable for every second, as long as this goes.

Oh wow. Seano talking shit on a Euro fighter. Stop the presses!

Perhaps if Salido didn't blatantly duck the rematch.

Oh wow. Seano talking shit on a Euro fighter. Stop the presses!

Perhaps if Salido didn't blatantly duck the rematch.
Lomachenko could have an immediate rematch if he had wanted it. Those last 5 words are key.

I'm not expecting a close fight but sometimes someone can step up their game and surprise. We will see.

Boring mismatch

At least Jezareal has a belt. I dont see any point of this fight taking place

Loma will be the one pressuring Sosa at some point in the fight, likely sooner than later and it could be from the start, which is something that he wouldn't expect at all. Sosa isn't good off the back foot. Vasyl will look to pressure him intelligently and answer his misses with hard counters using a stiff jab and straight left down the middle from off the center line when Sosa tries to come forward. Sosa is a come forward fighter that likes to bang and does his best work when leading. By pressuring him and stinging him with hard counters you take him out of his game entirely, which is what I predict Loma will do after he assesses how much of a threat to him he is. Expect a pressure-counter gameplan from Lomachenko if Sosa comes really hard early and/or Loma is ready to take him out like he did with Martinez. They won't feel each other out for long because Sosa isn't programmed that way.

Last edited:
Sosa showed good durability against Walters and he throws a lot. That's about as much good as I can say about him. I don't really see the point of fighting him if he's not going to be collecting his belt, but I guess it's better to stay busy and collect a paycheck as opposed to sitting on the sidelines.

Sosa showed good durability against Walters and he throws a lot. That's about as much good as I can say about him. I don't really see the point of fighting him if he's not going to be collecting his belt, but I guess it's better to stay busy and collect a paycheck as opposed to sitting on the sidelines.

Sosa was never on their radar. Loma isn't happy with the match-up either and said as much but respects Sosa for taking the fight. They tried to secure every big fight in the division to no availability. Two offers to Corrales turned down after his promoter said that they had an even better offer the next day (against an unnamed opponent yet to be announced) over in Japan, when he could've fought on HBO here. Salido turned down the first offer and then the second offer after Arum came up with the money they requested only for Salido to say no, that he wasn't interested and then ask for more money. Davis had just won the IBF title and the day after Floyd said he wouldn't be fighting Lomachenko anytime soon, etc. Berchelt just took the WBC title from Vargas and after he immediately said that he was eyeing his mandatory in Miura. Lomachenko put both the FW and SFW/JLW divisions on blast, said that they ran like rats, and not a peep was heard with the exception of Jason Sosa, who happens to also be a TR fighter (co-promoted by Peltz). Sosa said that he received a life changing offer, wrote the WBA and told them he was vacating their secondary "Regular" world title to take a fight with Lomachenko for his WBO world title because they expected him to unify with Corrales for his next fight, so they most likely would have stripped him anyway. That's why his WBA Regular title isn't on the line.

Lomachenko doesn't plan to stick around in the 130 division. He's moving up to Lightweight most likely for his next fight if he gets past Sosa, as he's expected to. That's what he said in a recent interview with his team. He did say that he'd give it one last try to see if any other titleholders in the division, or Salido, wanted to fight and if not then he's moving up and not wasting anymore time. He doesn't want to have to move up again already but he's willing to do it to try and win a third world title in a third division inside 10 fights and also really wants to fight Mikey Garcia. They exchanged some heated words recently and Lomachenko told him to stay put for 2-3 more fights, which Mikey said he would. They both want to fight each other and Arum said he'd make it. Robert is doing business with Arum and has some fighters signed under him so that's progress.

Last edited:
This is a showcase fight for loma , he should definitely take it . I would love to see Loma va Gamboa and later later down the line when he gets a lot more experience I would love to see him fight Mikey

Back