Loma’s Team Calls for Pacquiao fight at 135lbs

I think Pac would beat up Loma. Pac isn't shot the way Oscar was shot when he fought Pac IMO.

This , I think pac is actually a bad match up for loma and he still has some in the tank in both power and speed which would trouble loma quite a bit

This , I think pac is actually a bad match up for loma and he still has some in the tank in both power and speed which would trouble loma quite a bit

Loma has reached his weight limit, and he knows it, he wont be fight Manny anytime soon as he will get murdered if he moves up and fights someone who can manhandle him

Pac would get his ass beat right now and everyone who is saying Pac would do this or that would say Loma fought a washed up fighter.

I've never liked or thought Loma/Crawford or Loma/Pacquiao made all that much sense and thought it was a very forced proposal. This may be an opening negotiations ploy but it might be a sign that they don't think it makes all that much sense either?

Pac would get his ass beat right now and everyone who is saying Pac would do this or that would say Loma fought a washed up fighter.

He would lose if he moved back to a weight he hasnt fought in 10 years...i think most of us can agree with that

If Loma tried to move up even a fucking pound over 135, he is in trouble, which is why for some strange reason they are trying to dictate terms on a fight that nobody even wants to see

He would lose if he moved back to a weight he hasnt fought in 10 years...i think most of us can agree with that

If Loma tried to move up even a fucking pound over 135, he is in trouble, which is why for some strange reason they are trying to dictate terms on a fight that nobody even wants to see
Agreed.

Im not very interested in watching it but I can see why theyre trying to get it.

Pacquiaos fighting Khan and then Thurman and then retirement.

Lol if they fought at 135 pac would get his ass beat.

In the aftermath of Manny Pacquiao's knockout win over Lucas Matthysse, talk has immediately turned to a possible showdown between Pacquaio and Vasyl Lomachenko, a dream matchup that would pit arguably the top pound-for-pound fighter in the world in Lomachenko against an opponent, Pacquiao, who once held that title.

On Saturday, Pacquiao picked up a secondary welterweight title. Lomachenko is the lightweight champion. If Pacquiao wants to fight Lomachenko, he will have to come down to 135-pounds, Lomachenko's manager, Egis Klimas, told Yahoo Sports.

"We have no interest [in moving up]," Klimas said. "If Pacquiao can make 135, to come in and compete for [Lomachenko's] WBA title, Vasyl is the champion in that weight class, it’s a possibility. If we are talking 137 [pounds] and 136, no, there will be no catch weight. If he wants to challenge, he needs to come down. We are not looking to go to 140 pounds. If Manny Pacquiao wants to fight Lomachenko, he can make 135 pounds."

Pacquaio has not fought at 135-pounds since 2008.

Klimas says he has had casual discussions with Pacquiao's promoter, Top Rank, about a Pacquiao-Lomachenko fight, and he has told them the same thing.

"They were talking about 137, 138, and I don’t think we’re interested in even a half pound higher," Klimas said. "Lomachenko has his own strategy. He and his team has their own desires and the road they want to go. We just jumped from 126 to 130 to 135. Any higher, it's not his weight. I think the whole boxing world saw that [135-pounds] was enough."

Even if Pacquiao committed to making 135-pounds, the location of a Pacquiao-Lomachenko fight could be challenging. Pacquiao's tax issues have made fighting in the U.S. problematic, and Klimas made it clear Lomachenko would never fight in Malaysia, where Pacquaio defeated Matthysse, or the Philippines, Pacquiao's home country.

"How about Kiev, Ukraine?" Klimas joked, referencing Lomachenko's home country.

Klimas added if a neutral site, like Dubai, could be identified, Lomachenko could be open to that.

Via Chris Mannix Facebook

wtf at Klimas?

Wasnt this the same manager who said Manny is an old man and that he wouldnt want Loma to hurt him badly like its picking on an old guy?

now he changes his tune and said it has to be at 135?

Why not a one and done at 140 to be fair, This is a huge money fight and name maker for Loma, he has no room to negotiate here for that weight

go to 140 come back down you just dont have to cut weight

If Loma beats Manny it will make him the cash cow and propel his name, so a showdown with Mikey would be even bigger.

Or Gervonta tank

This is one of those risks you have to take to become someone in boxing.

Before the Matthysse fight, Justin Fortune said that Pacquiao still has to eat his way up to 147 and that he could have Pacquiao at 135 in 4 weeks.

If that's the case, Pacquiao should go down to 135 and knock Loma around the ring. I honestly think Pacquiao is a bad matchup for Loma.

Dont all the trainers and fighters say that?

Floyd sr said Floyd Jr is really a 140 pound fighter fighting at 147

But realistically Floyd cannot make 140 healthy

when you get to a certain age you are not going to be able to cut that type of weight especially when you dont carry much fat, losing muscle hurts you more.

Pac would not look well at 135, and eating in training camp to maintain 147 is a lot different nutritional science than eating to cut down to 135.

I say let them fight at 140 a one and done to be fair, its a huge opportunity for Loma to make himself a big draw

Also its better if he were to take a chance in this fight going to 140 because Manny will be his biggest payday probably 10 million guarantee, if the fight does over a million buys he could get a bit more

if he loses he losses with a hefty check and a big name beating him

if he fights someone else who is dangerous he will be doing it for 400k and losing to a no name.

might as well just fight Manny its a smart fight, and if he wins he automatically gets the power to control the negotiations for the guys in his division.

Pacquiaos fighting Khan and then Thurman and then retirement.

Arum said he is flying the Philippines to make an offer to Manny for either Loma or Crawford

Arum is very smart and slick he knows Khan is the main one Pac is targeting, and Pac being a free agent who no longer wants to sign long term contracts is open to any fighter

so Arum will go right away before Khans fight with Vargas to try to secure a juicy deal for Pacquiao against either Loma or Crawford.

Arum will help Pac with taxes

I heard Pac cannot step foot on USA soil or something about him owing million in taxes tot he US government.

Arum is going to try and fix that issue with the taxes and Pac will look at that as another good gesture by Arum and probably fight Lomachenko if Loma won't budge or accept the fight Pac will fight Crawford.

Pac is only fighting because he owes lots of money

the biggest money fight for Manny is Amir Khan in Dubai, but Arum might try to close the deal before Khans fight with Vargas.

Dont all the trainers and fighters say that?

Floyd sr said Floyd Jr is really a 140 pound fighter fighting at 147

But realistically Floyd cannot make 140 healthy

when you get to a certain age you are not going to be able to cut that type of weight especially when you dont carry much fat, losing muscle hurts you more.

Pac would not look well at 135, and eating in training camp to maintain 147 is a lot different nutritional science than eating to cut down to 135.

I say let them fight at 140 a one and done to be fair, its a huge opportunity for Loma to make himself a big draw

Also its better if he were to take a chance in this fight going to 140 because Manny will be his biggest payday probably 10 million guarantee, if the fight does over a million buys he could get a bit more

if he loses he losses with a hefty check and a big name beating him

if he fights someone else who is dangerous he will be doing it for 400k and losing to a no name.

might as well just fight Manny its a smart fight, and if he wins he automatically gets the power to control the negotiations for the guys in his division.

Finally something we agree on. If I was Pacquiao or his management, I would not be interested in going all the way to 135 at this point. Even if he believes he can do it, you don't really know how your body will respond if you haven't done it in a decade.

But a 140 Manny would still be a beast, and I'd even argue that he should be at 140. I think the best he has physically looked at a weigh in over the last 5 years was when he weighed 143 against Algieri. Taking off a couple pounds seemed to be good for him. But 135 would include dehydration, and there's no reason for him to do that at this point.

Finally something we agree on. If I was Pacquiao or his management, I would not be interested in going all the way to 135 at this point. Even if he believes he can do it, you don't really know how your body will respond if you haven't done it in a decade.

But a 140 Manny would still be a beast, and I'd even argue that he should be at 140. I think the best he has physically looked at a weigh in over the last 5 years was when he weighed 143 against Algieri. Taking off a couple pounds seemed to be good for him. But 135 would include dehydration, and there's no reason for him to do that at this point.

yeah I dont see him making 135 healthy he will compromise his power and stamina, he will lose muscle just to make that weight, he is already lean walking around.

If he goes to 140 he will have tough fights, Pacquiao is pretty much screwed he has no where to go for an easy fight

140 is stacked and 147 is stacked

I feel like Pac isn't making/can't make 135 at this point. Anybody really think that's a possibility?

And on Loma's side, I don't think a one-and-done at 140 with the old lion would be his smartest move, either. That would be several jumps pretty quick with top guys the whole way, things can go sideways quick in there if you move too far too fast, we all know that.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see it and even at 140, I feel like Loma straight schools Pac at this point in their careers. BUT, it's not like Pac "can't" beat Loma at 140, either.

@DeJulez might be in the ballpark with Khan/Thurman then Pac's (first) retirement. I see Pac with several more bouts, going way too long due to money/tax issues and I feel like at some point before 2020, I'm going to be sad watching Pac in the ring. Very sad.

I feel like Pac isn't making/can't make 135 at this point. Anybody really think that's a possibility?

And on Loma's side, I don't think a one-and-done at 140 with the old lion would be his smartest move, either. That would be several jumps pretty quick with top guys the whole way, things can go sideways quick in there if you move too far too fast, we all know that.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see it and even at 140, I feel like Loma straight schools Pac at this point in their careers. BUT, it's not like Pac "can't" beat Loma at 140, either.

@DeJulez might be in the ballpark with Khan/Thurman then Pac's (first) retirement. I see Pac with several more bouts, going way too long due to money/tax issues and I feel like at some point before 2020, I'm going to be sad watching Pac in the ring. Very sad.

All Loma has to do is not cut weight, he wont have to put muscle on at all, just shed a few pounds to 40 which is easy, its not a huge leap, Loma walks around the same weight as Manny and has an inch and half on him in height

So its not a big deal I think a one and done is the best move you gotta take a chance man, this is his chance to be a huge star.

ESPN will promote the hell outta this and it will be a big PPV for the network.

All Loma has to do is not cut weight, he wont have to put muscle on at all, just shed a few pounds to 40 which is easy, its not a huge leap, Loma walks around the same weight as Manny and has an inch and half on him in height

So its not a big deal I think a one and done is the best move you gotta take a chance man, this is his chance to be a huge star.

ESPN will promote the hell outta this and it will be a big PPV for the network.

<DontBelieve1>

They should meet at 140.

Pac drops 7lbs and Loma gains 5. They are both 5'5

Loma and his fans are just scared.

Pac Street Elite Represent!

Manny probably weighs like 158, loma probably 147, meet at 40 to be fair

Manny ain't no 158. Him and Floyd are literally the two only guys who don't cut much weight. 5lbs max. Floyd walks around 150ish, Manny at 147. He often weighs in at 144 and that's eating breakfast and lunch before the weigh in.

DiG0qR0VMAI0qp7.jpg

Manny eats like an old asian person. Lots of rice, a soup for broth to keep warm, a meat platter on the side usually chicken or fish, and a veggie dish.

Back