LOL who would actually buy Diaz Woodley

I'm ballin outta control.

Seriously though - I think the fight has great implications. I hope it's for the belt. If Diaz wins you know Conor gets a shot at a third belt right?

So,, what happens to the guy inline for a title shot,, the division as a whole.. The the implications i see is more fighters going to other orgs that take MMA seriously.. This and other fights like it are a slap in the face to all the guys that spent years climbing up the ranks but miss out because they dont have the gift of gab

no one

wme are casuals though
so they think this will sell

everyone knows that woodley is going to smash him

It probably does a lot better then most would expect. Not a mil or anything like that, but not that far off if they actually promote it. Is it fair, of course not, but they wouldn't do it for Nate so much as for Tyron and Colin.

They probably think Tyron beating Nate gives him some rub hopefully and then they can use him to draw a bit more. But it is mainly for Colin.

They see it as if Nate wins, then Colin goes for the WW belt and most will be surprised at how fast and easy to book that will end up being. All of a sudden Colin will be easy to deal with at the negotiating table.

If Tyron wins, outside the previously mentioned reason, they also see it as a test run type of thing to see how good Woodley is against someone they have a general idea about how he matches up with Colin, and what prospects they'd have there. If it looks dangerous then it just won't happen,and they keep trying to get the belt off of Woodley to a more Colin freindly opponent, but if it is winnable, either fairly or something that they feel they could steal like making the ref quick stop any knockdown of Tyron, or just rob it blatantly on the cards if Colin could survive to that point, they'll make it.

UFC and Dana White booking of all divisions from 145 to 170 have since around 2015 been done 100% with Colin in mind. All the fights booked in those divisions. The surrounding ones are affected to an degree because of guys they know can weight jump, either cause they want to move them away from Colin, or to manufacture a potential path for Colin in that division.
Who is Colin?

{<huh}

It's the money fight Tyron has whined for, and it is an obvious ploy by the UFC to get a possible Diaz vs Mcgregor welterweight title fight

Anyone who hated diaz and wanted to see him smashed probably would.
Very few outside hardcore MMA fans care about Diaz. Most casuals know him as the guy who fought Mcgregor. TS is right, this fight wouldn't sell past 300k PPVs. But I doubt it'll happen anyway since Diaz will ask for 20M and Dana will offer him 150k max.

I'll watch it but it's a weird fight. Nate's got a bad record at Welterweight and a bad record against wrestlers.

Anyone that buys it forfeits the right to complain about the "legitimacy" of the sport.

Sure, there are some other good fights on the card but you are supporting farcical matchmaking which will affect future cards.

I stream every PPV in HD... With that being said, not gonna bother with anymore Woodley fights.

I'd pay to watch Nate Diaz fight for a title, but in the UK I don't have to

Hey UFC you booked the wrong Diaz lol no one wants to see this or Woodley fight. 300k ppvs max
I would, & I'd thoroughly enjoy watching TWood gas & get slapped up for 5 rds

Bendo, Thomson, and RDA all beat Nate worse than Conor did.

Pretty much anyone who's beaten Nate did have done worse than McGregor. It was a fucking majority decision.

Back