LOL @ peeps thinking Khabib will retire before fighting Tony

If Khabib retires now he'll be more Cain Valasquez than George St Pierre

Khabib needs the Ferg fight. I really hope that his team gets their shit together and makes that priority #1.

Neither man can claim to be the best LW on the planet until he has defeated the other.
there_can_be_only_one_highlander.gif

In what sense?
Probably referring to Khabib's resume being the best. He's undefeated, but his record is 90% cans. He has a couple of quality wins out of 27. That's not an all-time great resume. He has the potential to be known as the best, bit he needs about 5 more quality wins in my opinion. Take a look at GSP's resume and compare the fighters he fought to the ones that Khabib fought. Compare Jon Jones' record too. Khabib has some work to do before he can be known as the best.

Probably referring to Khabib's resume being the best. He's undefeated, but his record is 90% cans. He has a couple of quality wins out of 27. That's not an all-time great resume. He has the potential to be known as the best, bit he needs about 5 more quality wins in my opinion. Take a look at GSP's resume and compare the fighters he fought to the ones that Khabib fought. Compare Jon Jones' record too. Khabib has some work to do before he can be known as the best.
He's not the GOAT imo, only LW GOAT. There are no LW fighters with super great resumes. Khabib's is superior to the rest.

<LikeReally5>

Damn some of you are truly laughable at your attempt to discredit Khabib. Khabib just defended his title against the "goat" 1.5 months ago. In the history of the UFC, how many title defences were signed within 1.5 months of the champ defending?

Hope Tony smashes him bad so I can come here for multiple months and make a daily thread about it and spam gifs and bump about 1000 threads.

It will be worth a ban if I get it.

Tony is definitely the number one contender but Khabib is already easily the LW GOAT, no one else's resume comes close. In fact T Ferg is probably number two.

No he's not. Khabib has one title defense and he hasn't come close to cleaning out the rest of the LWs. He has the skills to do it but in my opinion he has more work to do.

Hope Tony smashes him bad so I can come here for multiple months and make a daily thread about it and spam gifs and bump about 1000 threads.

It will be worth a ban if I get it.
Lol I'm already living that life with Conor threads
images

I doubt khabib will duck Tony.its a pretty easily winnable fight for him and a solid payday

Jaedjthe would likely be a more credible threat to khabib than Tony

If Khabib ducks Tony, Sherdog owes him the Connor treatment even though we'd probably get beat down in a 10 vs 1000 scenario the JBG requires high level sacrifice

He already retired.

If history has taught us anything, it's that once a Conor fight is complete, all fighters involved proceed to vacation for the next two+ years while teasing us with potential fights against everything from circus bears to Floyd Mayweather.

Khabib will semi-unretire in 3 years and fight whoever has the interim title at the time only to fade away again.

I'm sorry but beating Tony definitely doesn't do as much for Khabib's legacy as people are playing it out to be.

Tony barely survived fighting Pettis... and Pettis has been on a shit streak. Not like Tony has looked unstoppable in his fights. Against Barboza and RDA, he was losing then used illegal strikes to regain advantage.

Got dropped on the feet against Pettis... and lucky that Pettis got over-anxious and couldn't properly land the finishing blows. Props to Tony Ferguson for having a tough chin, and heart for days.

But my point is, yes, this would definitely be a good fight... but it is not nearly as exciting as people are making it out to be. You can't get dropped by Pettis, and nearly finished... then expect people to be excited for you to fight someone who has been unstoppable like Khabib.

Tony should hurry to get back into the cage, and put on a big dominating performance, so that Khabib HAS to fight him. Don't forget, they were scheduled to fight, and Tony got injured due to wearing shades indoor on fight week... and really screwed things up and Khabib had to fight Raging Al.

He's not the GOAT imo, only LW GOAT. There are no LW fighters with super great resumes. Khabib's is superior to the rest.
About the same as Tony's actually. Tony has the longer LW win streak though.

Please, do tell me what makes his resume so much better? Conor certainly didn't make the gap that big. Tony had a better resume than Khabib prior to the fight with Conor and he beat Pettis. I'd say they're still about equal.

About the same as Tony's actually. Tony has the longer LW win streak though.

Please, do tell me what makes his resume so much better? Conor certainly didn't make the gap that big. Tony had a better resume than Khabib prior to the fight with Conor and he beat Pettis. I'd say they're still about equal.
The lack of any losses whatsover, Tony definitely has the edge in terms of quality wins though. I think their win streak is the same length in the UFC.

The lack of any losses whatsover, Tony definitely has the edge in terms of quality wins though. I think their win streak is the same length in the UFC.
It's not because Khaibb missed weight for a fight, making it a catchweight bout.

Back