lol at anyone who says 'you can't duck fighters from a higher weightclass.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by pilgrim4702, Oct 12, 2017.

1. pilgrim4702 Blue Belt

pilgrim4702
    The sport dosnet rise or fall on weighclasses. it thrives off of meaningful , exciting fights. When fighters are offered meaningful, exciting matchups, and the market WANTS IT AND KEEPA ASKING FOR IT, in which a victory would augment their legacy, ONE FUCKING WEIGHTCLASS APART, and they turn it down, it's a duck folks. A weightclass isn't a invisible force field exemption from ducking.

Some of these so called goat's that have never fought one weightclass up at all, after dominating a division, are ducking. Why the fuck do some tools on sherdog throw down the weightclass card and act like fans are going to not want to watch a super fight because of the different weightclasses, or that it's some kind of blasphemy for a fighter to test himself fighting one fucking weightclass up. Faber did it against Edgar. He lost. But he didn't PUSS OUT. That, and the fact that he fought aldo and barao and took his ass whoopingsike a man is why Faber will always be more loved than Cruz. Why would some of you cucks on here not recognize that win or lose, fortune favors the bold. The biggest event in prizefighting history was a fight that made no fucking sense, but Conor's willingness to transcend weighclasses, and then later sports, is what created that oppurtunity.

We got some fighter who have bitched out of inter weightclass fights that made a lot of sense at the time, and they used size as an excuse. That's weak, and the fans deserve better.

P4PSHERGOAT likes this.
  2. Sapp Brown Belt

Sapp
    Didn't we just have this shitty thread?

rjmbrd, rubberneck41, Magx951 and 8 others like this.
  3. 13 others Purple Belt

13 others
    lol at anyone who opens this thread and reads more than the first sentence.

4. loisestrad Silver Belt

loisestrad

Could easily be the first response to every single thread.

Seven30, MEAN357 and Sapp like this.
  5. Buffmeister JAone XTC is Snake from Karate Kid3

Buffmeister
    Sounds a little like that you are meaning Cruz and MM...
    But you do know that they were fighting at 155...before there were 145 and 135 weightclasses?

6. loisestrad Silver Belt

loisestrad
    "dosnet" kinda made me curious.

7. Rittsy Black Belt

Rittsy
    All other things being equal, 10lbs makes a difference.

And don’t call people cucks. It emphasises your acne.

8. pilgrim4702 Blue Belt

pilgrim4702
    The other thread was about the mere fact that excuses are made. This thread is tearing down those excuses and arguing that they are poor excuses based on results of other fights.

Try to use a thing called reading comprehension. I'm a college educated man, but I'm blue collar at heart and I try to keep things simple. Try and keep up.

9. MEAN357 DMF belt

MEAN357

{<jordan}

<[analyzed}>

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Seven30 likes this.
  10. pilgrim4702 Blue Belt

pilgrim4702
    Henderson (bendo AND hendo), Edgar, masvidal, Conor and Anderson went up 10 lbs in weight. They didn't cry or bitch or stay quiet(like Cruz)

Mayweather went up 24 lbs from when he started, odlh went up 25, pacquiao went up like 35-40, and Roy jones went up from 160 to hw, which has only been done twice in boxing history.

Other greats do it and have done it. So there's no excuse.

11. Slick_36 Waabishkizi Bizhiki

Slick_36
    Wow, this thread is garbage. I don't even agree or disagree with you TS, there's just no value to whatever "argument" they're trying to make.

1/10

12. pilgrim4702 Blue Belt

pilgrim4702
    Whoah sick burn bro! Totally trashed me. Mom!!! He said I have acne!!! Mom!!!

13. Congo66 Brown Belt

Congo66
    The only fighters who can move up and be competitive are the ones doing a ridiculous cut in the first place.
    The whole concept of ducking is bullshit anyway but this thread is attempting to take it to a higher level of bullshit.

barados, Irishwhiskey119 and Seven30 like this.
  14. Willek Double Yellow Card

Willek
    I read down until he started using CAPITALS.

Fuck you.

15. Rittsy Black Belt

Rittsy
    There is an excuse. A lot of the guys you just listed lost. That’s why they came back down in weight. 10lbs can make a big difference.

Cruz fought at 155 when he started out, don’t know why you’re using him as an example.

Irishwhiskey119 and Seven30 like this.
  16. Pulver-ize Purple Belt

Pulver-ize
    I want to see contenders fight for the belt.. While i would enjoy the occasional "super-fight" i dont think the sport could survive these with any consistancy.. My reason has nothing to do with money,, it has to do with all the other guys busting their ass to climb up the ranks.. Just to sit out because so-and-so wants to fight someone else... Then,, they WANT to fight some dude outside the dam sport.. Whats the motivation to put in the time if this becomes commonplace.. Other guys want to get a shot at being the champ.. But cant because dude doesnt defend his belt,, he fights who he wants,, when he wants..

So why would i stay,, got 5 good wins,, on a roll,, i can take this guy,, but the fucker wont fight me.. Believe it or not but the belt is every bit as important than the $$ but if you cant fight for it whats the point and its gonna piss alot of people off..

barados, Irishwhiskey119 and Seven30 like this.
  17. Head Movement Blue Belt

Head Movement
    You realise 10 pounds is a huge difference for the little guys right?

18. bully4me Blue Belt

bully4me

First of all, Faber was a FW for MOST of his career, it's not like it was a new thing. In Fact the only reason he dropped weight classes was he got tooled by Aldo and Brown at 145.

Moving up and down weight classes isn't the smartest thing until an entire division is cleaned out. Do you truly think Mac's loss to Nate will help his career in years to come? Ten years from now people will just read the stats and see it's a loss. Already some count his loss to Nate at 170 and his loss to Mayweather and say Conor is 2-2 in his last 4 fights (Believe there was a thread on this not long ago). The other thing it does is screws up deserving challengers in the division that the Champion fights in. Look at all the Interim belts now with the MW Whittiker vs Romero and Ferguson who just faced Lee. Before that there was FW with Holloway vs Pettis. These caused a backlog of REAL title fights that Bisping and Conor could have done, they make the belt look less important than it used to and it has hurt BOTH Conor and Bisping's legacy so far. Ho many fans are complaining Conor hasn't EVER defended a Title? Bisping the same, fighting GSP (a WW) when there are many match ups at 185 he could and should take.

It's not that there are some exciting fights moving around weigh classes, there are. It just hurts the sport and fighters in the long run.

Mighty Mouse I can see moving up, He's pretty much cleaned out the division. However look at what he was paid in his last fight (Being the longest reigning Champion), it is disgusting. He stated he'd move up and fight Cody for a Million Dollar payday. The UFC should pay the Man, he deserves it, fans want to see the fight and he is risking a lot. It is total BS that he was paid less than Ferguson, Werdum and not much more than Lee, when Johnson IS a multi time defending Champion.

Your statements are bold but you are NOT looking at the BIG picture. Every fighter is different, as are their reasons to stay in or move up a weight class. Money, Legacy, Titles, records are only some of the factors.

Conor may be a great fighter but to cement his Legacy he should just stay where he is at 155 and try and break the title defense record. Nobody yet has been able to defend it more than three times. If Conor could defend the LW belt more than that he will cement himself the greatest LW of all time. To me that would be much more impressive.

19. AnotherOldGuy Green Belt

AnotherOldGuy
    That means everyone who is not a heavy weight is ducking, because its always harder to fight a bigger guy and so staying in your weight division is automatically ducking a harder fight for an easier fight in your own weight division.

Here's a list of duckers by your definition: GSP, Anderson, Jones, Machida, Shogun, Hughes, Aldo, Barao, Conor, Liddell, MM, Cruz, TJ, Vitor, Ortiz, Rampage ... in fact everyone who's not a HW. Pretty impressive list I'd say.

Why bother with weight divisions if fighting in your weight division is seen as a negative thing, ie ducking?

A.S. Deep likes this.
  20. skysolo Red Belt

skysolo