LOL at a bunch of welterweights ganging up on a flyweight

I think that adults should act like adults, and that means not trying to physically hurt people for petty shit.

Go talk shit in a fighting gym, and find out how they should act. This is how fighters generally act. This is their world. How an adult should act is based on your perception(s), how you were brought up, taught, etc. But it doesn't necessarily apply to other people. You're not some final authority on this.

Go talk shit in a fighting gym, and find out how they should act. This is how fighters generally act. This is their world. How an adult should act is based on your perception(s), how you were brought up, taught, etc. But it doesn't necessarily apply to other people. You're not some final authority on this.

Well considering pretty much every response in this thread but yours, most of the world thinks this. It's not just me.

Well considering pretty much every response in this thread but yours, most of the world thinks this. It's not just me.

That's fine. Maybe b/c I train and do fight. If I talked shit like that guy did, hell....even on Facebook, to some local pro fighter who knows me...say ranked like #150 or something.....I can be sure to get a call out for a nice, friendly fight in a gym within 1 hour.

You ever train in a fighting gym for over 1 year at least? You quickly find out that there's definitely a pecking order and you just don't talk shit, especially at this magnitude, to people who can fuck you up.

That's fine. Maybe b/c I train and do fight. If I talked shit like that guy did, hell....even on Facebook, to some local pro fighter who knows me...say ranked like #150 or something.....I can be sure to get a call out for a nice, friendly fight in a gym within 1 hour.

You ever train in a fighting gym for over 1 year at least? You quickly find out that there's definitely a pecking order and you just don't talk shit, especially at this magnitude, to people who can fuck you up.

I think that what you're talking about--a "nice, friendly fight in a gym"--is a little different from like four guys pushing around a dude who is like 40 pounds lighter in what was basically an attempted street fight. That wasn't putting on the gloves to do a little one-on-one, it was essentially a bunch of dudes acting like thugs.

Is that not what it looked like to you?

I think that what you're talking about--a "nice, friendly fight in a gym"--is a little different from like four guys pushing around a dude who is like 40 pounds lighter in what was basically an attempted street fight. That wasn't putting on the gloves to do a little one-on-one, it was essentially a bunch of dudes acting like thugs.

Is that not what it looked like to you?

Dude, that was sarcasm. Unless you think that friendly means that someone's going to try to knock my ass out to teach me a lesson....and/or even hold onto that armbar a little longer and harder to cause injuries.

And they weren't going to jump him though. It would have been 1 on 1 if the cameras weren't there. There's not much different between a 1 on 1 in the gym and a 1 on 1 in the street, other than the street is harder than a hardwood floor if you land head 1st on it. Getting punched in the face, hurts just the same in the street as it does in the cage.

Dude, that was sarcasm. Unless you think that friendly means that someone's going to try to knock my ass out to teach me a lesson....and/or even hold onto that armbar a little longer and harder to cause injuries.

I didn't think you meant literally friendly, but I assumed you meant that at least some standard rules of engagement would be observed.

And they weren't going to jump him though. It would have been 1 on 1 if the cameras weren't there. There's not much different between a 1 on 1 in the gym and a 1 on 1 in the street, other than the street is harder than a hardwood floor if you land head 1st on it. Getting punched in the face, hurts just the same in the street as it does in the cage.

He at least two guys--Julian and Justin Edwards--on him. And while you're right that getting punched in the face is the same, on the street all kinds of underhanded shit happens: Multiple people kick you and stomp you repeatedly while you're turtled up on the ground. I know, because that's exactly what happened to me a couple of years ago. It's not the same as a gym fight.

I didn't think you meant literally friendly, but I assumed you meant that at least some standard rules of engagement would be observed.

If they fought that Tim guy at the house, it would have been with rules. They're not looking to kill each other, just some beef.

He at least two guys--Julian and Justin Edwards--on him.
And while you're right that getting punched in the face is the same, on the street all kinds of underhanded shit happens: Multiple people kick you and stomp you repeatedly while you're turtled up on the ground. I know, because that's exactly what happened to me a couple of years ago. It's not the same as a gym fight.

You think that they were going to jump him? Give me a break. These are pro fighters, not untrained dumbasses in the streets. Did you not notice that there were 10 more other people in that house, like 50 feet away? Even those who were against Elliot....they're not going to let 2 jump him....I guess you don't train because then you'd know that there is a high level of comradery in such fighting gyms as you often place your life & limbs in the hands of your sparring/training partners.....because they can seriously hurt to even kill you during training. There are crazy people once in a while, but these are high level veterans.....and there was a damn camera crew there. And beefs get squashed quickly after men fight.

You think that they were going to jump him? Give me a break. These are pro fighters, not untrained dumbasses in the streets. Did you not notice that there were 10 more other people in that house, like 50 feet away? Even those who were against Elliot....they're not going to let 2 jump him....I guess you don't train because then you'd know that there is a high level of comradery in such fighting gyms as you often place your life & limbs in the hands of your sparring/training partners.....because they can seriously hurt to even kill you during training. There are crazy people once in a while, but these are high level veterans.....and there was a damn camera crew there. And beefs get squashed quickly after men fight.

Elliot said he got punched twice, and that was without him throwing any blows.

How does that fit in with what you're saying here?

Why didn't we see it? I think you're just weaksauce.

Ah, we've reached the point of insults.

In that case, I guess this is the point where I say you sound like you'd fit right in with Cody's pack of fools.

The call of "do you even train bro ?!" is the last vestige of a man who can't articulate his point with his words, and has to resort to the "argument from authority" fallacy.

The Tim vs Red Team shit had very little to do with training and fight gym decorum, and everything to do with people being obnoxious drunks. That shit would have happened pretty much exactly the same whether this was TUF or Survivor.

This is one of the greatest things I have ever seen. I'm surprised their ballsacks didn't explode from an overload of testosterone.

Ah, we've reached the point of insults.

In that case, I guess this is the point where I say you sound like you'd fit right in with Cody's pack of fools.

I gave you many points, and you dodged them all. You're just a fatty who's crying now, yet doing the same that you're complaining about....so you're a weakling + hypocrite. Maybe you should go back to watching The Bad Girl's Club since this is way too scary for you.

Last edited:
The call of "do you even train bro ?!" is the last vestige of a man who can't articulate his point with his words, and has to resort to the "argument from authority" fallacy.

The Tim vs Red Team shit had very little to do with training and fight gym decorum, and everything to do with people being obnoxious drunks. That shit would have happened pretty much exactly the same whether this was TUF or Survivor.

The disregard for much of the support of one's assertion is the last vestige of a boy who can't read. What part did you not understand that if you did train, you'd know that there are pecking orders in fighting gyms and little guys would not talk shit towards bigger ones who can't beat their ass.

You must have been cheering when Rousey said she can beat Miesha Tate and then her mediocre fighter/boyfriend, Caraway, right afterward on the same day, right? Oh and that she can beat Cain too, right?

The disregard for much of the support of one's assertion is the last vestige of a boy who can't read. What part did you not understand that if you did train, you'd know that there are pecking orders in fighting gyms and little guys would not talk shit towards bigger ones who can't beat their ass.

You must have been cheering when Rousey said she can beat Miesha Tate and then her mediocre fighter/boyfriend, Caraway, right afterward on the same day, right? Oh and that she can beat Cain too, right?
Your laughable "support" is entirely based on your experiences. I understand what your claim is; I reject your claim based on the total irrelevance of anecdotal evidence.

As for the rest of your declarations and suppositions with regards to Ms. Rousey and my reactions, all I have to say is that these types of non sequiturs are perfect encapsulations of why your points are not even worth considering.

WTF? Because he said mean things to them?

These fools need to learn how to control themselves. Julian was one step away from crying and screaming "Let me bang, bro!" again.
Where was all that bravado and fire when they were getting KO'd, submitted and decisively beaten down in the TUF 25 tournament?
Tim Elliot rustled a lot of 170 jimmies that night!

Ronda said a lot of self deluding shit.

What's retarded about this argument is the assertion that might always makes right. The strongman rules over all.

So if you're physically smaller than someone else, you're not allowed to criticize them. Because, you know, they're big and strong and stuff.

And the larger, stronger person is apparently, in your view, always justified in beating some ass because a dude tossed some words in his direction.

What's retarded about this argument is the assertion that might always makes right. The strongman rules over all.

So if you're physically smaller than someone else, you're not allowed to criticize them. Because, you know, they're big and strong and stuff.

And the larger, stronger person is apparently, in your view, always justified in beating some ass because a dude tossed some words in his direction.

Like I said, you're weak and don't train in a fighting gym. Try running your mouth in one and see what happens. Just watch MMA on TV and talk about it, much safer that way for you.

Ronda said a lot of self deluding shit.

Yes, and she got away with it because she's a broad, but not Elliot....he's just lucky the cameras, the Law, and the inevitable wrath of Baldy, saved him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back