Lol, 1st Match EBI NOT freak accident but legit counter sub

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by DanTheWolfman.com, Mar 7, 2017.

1. DanTheWolfman.com Brown Belt

DanTheWolfman.com
    Commentators and a room full of black belts everywhere and not anyone can recognize an intentional easy counter to one of the most common submissions in all of grappling?

Intentionally arm pull and torqued through and up, doesn't matter it hurt guys rib/intercostal muscle before it hurt his arm.......

$ possibly payed out to subs, that was a legit counter sub attempt that caused injury to opponent......perhaps gaming commission needs to monitor EBI like they do all other televised $ pay out contests in California

Like, come on people, 15 step xyz inverted barimboolo like a choolo sweeps and don't know simple counters at black belt?

U'll will talk hate, but u didn't see it nor know it either so............at least I try to educate.......

Sad sad, and all the bjj blue belts and Judo supposed black belts will hate..............
    Even sadder room full of black belts........it hurts my grappling soul......

Dogstarman and loyalyolayal like this.
  2. nefti Black Belt

nefti
    Wtf are you talking about?

3. RJ Green YAY JUDO!!!

RJ Green
  4. DanTheWolfman.com Brown Belt

DanTheWolfman.com
    EBI, maybe 2nd match....alpha male guy suddenly gets hurt rib....and all the room is clueless why. Indiana guy countered....es simple es normal and yet no one seems to know jack. Would be like saying Sylvia just freakishly snapped his arm freak accident not that Mir broke his arm.

When money at stake, and the fact it is an Auditorium full of supposed black belts, and they don't get it right that is a problem....and someone should point it out.

I did post two vids showing the counter but they didnt come through.....just kinda further proves my point though of how little people know.

loyalyolayal likes this.
  5. SuperSuperRambo Senior Moderator

SuperSuperRambo
    Dan, everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY who has trained for a couple of years knows that counter. I teach it to my white belt students. It's a shoulder lock. It's not a secret move. The guy on bottom didn't appear to have that grip and didn't appear to be going for it when the finish happened.

6. EndlessCritic Silver Belt

EndlessCritic
    Just watched it... no clue what the guy on the bottom did to cause the injury.

7. DanTheWolfman.com Brown Belt

DanTheWolfman.com
    seriously? No one sees his left arm pull the other arm through up high and torque it like you might a guillotine while also BRIDGING off both his feet and torquing his body?

Also, very night match twice guy went for Cobra Gatame and they had no idea what it was. I literally showed my funny way to get it by tickling the guy last night at end of class which legit makes him move in way that gives it to you.

Commentator I think the one w long hair when they were just rambling about head pressure, did sound like he knew the jaw popper submission though from what it sounded like he was alluding to.....a legit way to get tap, because other guy said you would have to turn in ur black belt if u ever tapped to head presh.....

Dogstarman and loyalyolayal like this.
  8. Edison Carasio Excellence of execution belt

Edison Carasio
    BRB Using imagination since no videos.

[​IMG]

9. jack36767 Purple Belt

jack36767
    This is weird and creepy by Dan standards

mike sherry, DoctorTaco and Rico like this.
  10. Dogstarman Old man jiu jitsu

Dogstarman
    Come on Dan. Where are your self promotion videos of you showing these super secret techniques?

ArtemV and RJ Green like this.
  11. NateTx4112 Brown Belt

NateTx4112
  12. Dirty Holt Professional Fighter

Dirty Holt
    Do you save the cap on your vodka bottles or you you open it and throw them away?

Nnedd, Thrawn33, mike sherry and 9 others like this.
  13. ens189 ELI-te Belt

ens189
    ITT WMD told us that tickling is a legit set up to a submission.

LastFrontierFighter and anaconda like this.
  14. Limbo Pete Super Samoan Belt

Limbo Pete
    This is what a thread looks like that is made by someone with absolutely no self respect.

Skylako, ens189 and SuperiorHands like this.
  15. SummerStriker Black Belt

SummerStriker
    I mean, there sure is a lot of talk but no video. Certainly, someone can post it so we can all see who's right.

biscuitsbrah likes this.
  16. Thaijitsu612 Green Belt

Thaijitsu612
    Until I see a video of you doing that counter on a tiny asian kid I don't believe you..

Dan, not to hijack but I had a question for you. A while back I saw a match where a guy named damian maia tapped out some dude named carlos conduit or something. None of the commentators or black belts in the room seemed to know how he did it. He was just cradling his head from behind and next thing you know conduit tapped.

I figured if anyone knew what this super rare and top secret sub was it would be you.

17. SuperiorHands Purple Belt

SuperiorHands
    Ah Dan... All his videos it's like he rolls harder the smaller the opponent is. Iranian wrestler half his size? He's good. 300lb dude? He trying to flow roll.

Dude is so unintentionally hilarious, he obviously is dying for some sort of success or recognition he never got in his glory days.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  18. NoGiRonin Orange Belt

NoGiRonin
    Dan, you're an idiot and your grappling skills are abysmal. One day when you stop by the midwest, come by so I can show you how ridiculous you are.

RJ Green likes this.
  19. jack36767 Purple Belt

jack36767
    What part of the midwest if you don't mind me asking? I'm a SW Ohio/SE Indiana boy

NoGiRonin likes this.
  20. DanTheWolfman.com Brown Belt

DanTheWolfman.com
    lot's of bullshit from all you guys per usual, with no real knowledge on your part, and no one bothers to watch again and see I am right which could be a big problem for a $ for subs tournament........

Seriously, this is supposed to be a grappling forum, and you guys just circle jerk and hate, and time and time again show you can't even recognize simple techniques.

Previous EBI's no one sees that Tonon was trying to set up funk roll passes and arm grab series from bottom side, but was trying to do them way too static and telegraphing.....

No one seems to notice the 2 on 2 heal hook or differentiate when it was done

So match in question, am a right or not? Because, that is all that should matter before a bunch of idiot's that don't really understand the game at all gang up because their overall IQ and grappling knowledge is so small they can not understand what I am talking about or what happened. Instead of ganging up like the coward thugs you are, and just spewing the same bullshit hate you would take a 2nd look and say hey, thanks for pointing that out, since this is supposed to be a forum about grappling and not the small circle jerk that it has become.

Instant personal attacks and ganging up, to cover up the facts so few on here even have the tiniest amount of knowledge and even then it is only in very specific segments of grappling. Instead, shouldn't each thread actually stick to the subject matter in question? Take the god damn time and re-watch it. If you never watched it in first place do so, instead of spending all your time hating, you;re on a god damn forum of a specific subject, and most of you act like subject matter experts when you are fucking clueless.

It would be nice if there were forums where the actual subject matter could be discussed, instead of all your insecurities you all have about being so dumb and lacking in knowledge. Seriously, LIKING a post, that is wrong and ganging up on me instead of actually looking for yourself when it was pointed out. It shouldn't even have to be pointed out. The very few times it is a good subject matter, or someone shares something new or interesting, is when this place is somewhat worth it.....but it is so few and far between and going down hill.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017