Logically, Steroid Usage Has No Impact On GOAT Status

How many of you can seriously say Paul Craig and CB Dollaway are more deserving of GOAT status than Jon Jones, because they never tested positive for steroids?
Can't speak for Craig or Dolloway, but we do know for sure that natty Matt Riddle > natty Jon Jones.

mattriddle_jonjones_wrestlingtourney.jpg

But the four fighters who never used will have the comfort of knowing they didn't cheat
All the unconfirmed ones get to be there bud, regardless of eye tests. Don't be sour. Jones or Silva, greatest cheaty cheaterton of all time?

Let us hypothetical say that, 10 years from now, USADA publishes an article stating that they have used new testing procedures on stored samples, and discovered all the GOATs of MMA were taking an undetectable drug, and Chris Camozzi had the best record of all fighters who were clean.

Would you then erase every single fighter you have believed were the GOATs for 10 years, and start to believe that Chris Camozzi is the real GOAT of mma?

That seems a bit silly to me, but if you believe in it, do you. LOL

You're using a very backward argument here.
- Arguing pretty much that all good fighters are on PEDs and all the lousy ones are not.
- That somehow a blood test doesn't detect PED useage.
- That somehow not taking PEDs on its own gives GOAT status.

Regardless of your faulty argument, I believe that any fighter found to have used PEDs should be stripped of any honor, yes. Regardless of other fighters and whether they may or may not have used PEDs themselves.

Not using PEDs alone does not make you a GOAT lmao. Any normal human can get his ass kicked in the UFC.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. All fighters know the consequences of failing a ped test, but yet still risk it to get an advantage.
Getting caught puts everything you accomplished in question, so yes, you almost have to start at 0.
Why don't you try looking at it from a clean fighters perspective and then you will understand
I don't believe a fighter has ever lost a fight because his opponent was on steroids. Maybe, endurance enhancing PEDs like EPO and other forms of blood doping like self-transfusion.

If you are the better fighter on fight night, you not going to lose because your opponent is on TRT. The margin in fighting is not that narrow. Just my opinion.

PEDS threads on sherdog are so childish

100% on steroids

ALL OF THEM

If you can't say it with confidence, then steroids don't affect GOAT talk. If you can say it with confidence, then we have to agree that GOAT talk is not based on fighting ability.
The only thing Craig and Jones have in common is that neither have any place in GOAT discussions.

If a fighter can't be ranked GOAT because of steroid usage, can he be ranked number 2, number 3 and etc? If the answer is yes, then explain to me how you got to that conclusion. Pretty simple challenge.
No. He's not in the discussion. At all.

Unless you want a goat of cheaters list.

All the unconfirmed ones get to be there bud, regardless of eye tests. Don't be sour. Jones or Silva, greatest cheaty cheaterton of all time?
Im not sour. In fact I don't think either of them is goat even without failed test

I suppose that could be true...

If criteria for "GOAT" was actually defined, which it's not. GOAT is whoever the fuck you want it to be based on whatever shit criteria you want it to be based on.

If you want to say that Anderson Silva and Jon Jones are not GOAT status because of steroid usage, that is fine, we are all entitled to our unreasonable religious superiority beliefs. However, logically, it doesn't make sense.

My question is this, how much down the ranking does steroid usage demote a fighter? It is easy to say "GSP is the GOAT over Jon Jones, because GSP never tested positive for steroids." Fine. But what about a guy like Paul Craig who has a record of 1-2 in the UFC, is he also better than Jon Jones because he has never tested positive for steroids?

How many of you can seriously say Paul Craig and CB Dollaway are more deserving of GOAT status than Jon Jones, because they never tested positive for steroids?

If you can't say it with confidence, then steroids don't affect GOAT talk. If you can say it with confidence, then we have to agree that GOAT talk is not based on fighting ability.

Paul Craig is not on the same list as Silva and JJ unless it is show that he cheats. Otherwise it's apples and oranges. I don't care about proven cheats.

I don't believe a fighter has ever lost a fight because his opponent was on steroids. Maybe, endurance enhancing PEDs like EPO and other forms of blood doping like self-transfusion.

If you are the better fighter on fight night, you not going to lose because your opponent is on TRT. The margin in fighting is not that narrow. Just my opinion.
I completely disagree. All you have to do is look at some fighters pre and post usada.
Why would fighters risk their careers in cheating if it did not give them an advantage? Doesn't make sense

Where they actually end up ranking when the topic is GOAT (#1) doesn’t really matter because they are ineligible for that status.
Just because you can’t figure out where they rank in the list doesn’t mean you just keep them at the top.
The failed logic here is with you it seems.

If you want to say that Anderson Silva and Jon Jones are not GOAT status because of steroid usage, that is fine, we are all entitled to our unreasonable religious superiority beliefs. However, logically, it doesn't make sense.

My question is this, how much down the ranking does steroid usage demote a fighter? It is easy to say "GSP is the GOAT over Jon Jones, because GSP never tested positive for steroids." Fine. But what about a guy like Paul Craig who has a record of 1-2 in the UFC, is he also better than Jon Jones because he has never tested positive for steroids?

The thing is. We won't know if Jones is better than Paul Craig because we don't have 100% proof Jones has ever competed clean. But if Paul Craig hasn't popped for roids then yes Paul Craig is a better fighter and competitor than Jones because he goes into fight with his training and not on how juiced he is to be able to unfairly manhandle his opponents around.

Last edited:
Back