1. Newly retired UFC Bantamweight & UK legend, Brad "One Punch" Pickett joins us LIVE on WEDNESDAY at 3:00 PM ET / 8:00 PM UK time. Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

LOGAN v.2 (Dragonlord's Review: "One of the Best Comic Book Movie...") | Page 32

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Mar 1, 2017.

?

If you have seen LOGAN, how would you rate it?

1. 10 - Excellent

34.3%
  2. 9 - Great

33.7%
  3. 8 - Good

14.9%
  4. 7 - Pretty Good

8.3%
  5. 6 - Decent

5.0%
  6. 5 - Average

1.1%
  7. 4 - Poor

0.6%
  8. 3 - Bad

1.1%
  9. 2 - Terribad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Female Ghostbusters is da best! I voted for Hilary.

1.1%
  1. taurus Tiger knee belt

taurus
    I think it's the family thing.

Charles said "Family blah, blah, blah, you should take a moment and feel it".

But agreed. He did feel it with SIlverfox and X-men.

2. Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom

Anung Un Rama
    Another Easter Egg I saw was the sign for "Mag"; looked like a sign for a play, but instead of Wicked about the Wicked Witch of the West, it was about Magneto.

chickenluver and Dragonlordxxxxx like this.
  3. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Awesome Easter Egg.

Or maybe Maggie Smith is just super popular in the future.

[​IMG]

chickenluver and Anung Un Rama like this.
  4. Loiosh Detective

Loiosh
    I thought he was talking about being a part of a family, as Xavier had talked about that specific feeling. The feeling of dying doesn't make sense to me, as everyone (mostly) feels that only once, and not many people wonder what it specifically feels like.

Halge and chickenluver like this.
  5. Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom

Anung Un Rama
    Most people don't live to be 200 yo with the body count of a small country.
    He loved Silverfox, Jean Grey, and Mariko.
    He loved, in a different way, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, and Jubilee.
    And he had a family with the X-Men for decades. He was closer to Charles than his real dad.
    He only knew X-23 for a week. Had to be death, imo.

OAKS, KnightTemplar and Loiosh like this.
  6. Loiosh Detective

Loiosh
    The problem here is that you know more about Wolverine than 99.999% of the world. From the perspective of what makes the most sense for him taking every single thing into account, you're right; if we're doing that we also have to consider he's been the father figure many, many times in the comics.

Anung Un Rama likes this.
  7. Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom

Anung Un Rama
    [​IMG]

Halge, taurus, Synadil and 4 others like this.
  8. KnightTemplar Infinity Belt

KnightTemplar
    Or it could have been peace.

He was about to die, but he knew that his, "daughter" would live, and be free. He no longer had to worry about her, no longer had to suffer a slow, painful death as the Adamantium poisoned him. He could finally rest.

9. House by the Cemetery Can't Break The Mould

House by the Cemetery
    My friend pointed out the other day about what they did with Logan's eyes and how freaky they were.

I really payed attention to it throughout the film and they were indeed terrifying. Jackman's intense rage filled glares mixed with the bloodshot eyes were a fantastic touch. The make-up design for Wolverine throughout the film was great and hopefully gets recognition.

Also it was great how much X-24 differed from Logan. They are the same person but they're not only because of the humanity inside Logan whereas X-24 is just a fucking animal. How Jackman was able to make them feel totally different from each other is another reason why this film is so great and how much of beast he is as an actor.

ufcfan4 and 76Knockout like this.
  10. MMouse Purple Belt

MMouse
    If this cosplay can do a good job of bringing wolverine suit, I can imagine MCU will do alot better

[​IMG]

11. House by the Cemetery Can't Break The Mould

House by the Cemetery
    Ironrine?

12. MMouse Purple Belt

MMouse
    Tbh

Fox and Marvel should come to an agreement and give the fans what they deserve.

Hugh Jackman also has been the most consistant actor playing a specific superhero.

He should continue its legacy as he deserves every bit of it.

13. feedmelies You done goof'd

feedmelies
    I loved this movie.

14. 76Knockout Silver Belt

76Knockout
    On of my all time favorite films, i liked it that much.

15. Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom

Anung Un Rama
    Ooh that's deep. I like it .

16. Sanshou Kid You just made The List!

Sanshou Kid
    Enjoyed the first half, thought it went downhill in the later stages. 6 or 6.5/10 I would say, at least for me.

Stephen Merchant was the surprise for me, didn't even know he was in it til the opening credits. He was damn good.

Shame Richard E. Grant got shit all to do.

Dragonlordxxxxx likes this.
  17. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Update: March 19, 2017

LOGAN Director James Mangold Explains "So This is What It Feels Like" Line
    (Spoilers)

[​IMG]

James Mangold: (Spoilers) "Well it seemed to me that it had to in some way be a battle with something other than just one of the array of supervillains. What I liked about the idea on a thematic level of battling X-24 and even dying at his hands was that effectively there’s a kind of radian analysis you can make of it all, which is really interesting, which is that he’s effectively a guy who’s gone through 200 years with this burden of shame and guilt and regret, remorse, anger about the violence he’s been forced to and willingly committed in his life, about feeling that he’s been cursed that he can never feel love or sell it because those he connects to die."

"To put his last fight against his own self in a sense, a mirror, a kind of dark mirror—in a way, X-24 in my mind was designed to be a vision of Weapon X, that he’s essentially battling his worst self, and younger, more capable, more savage, and without any sense of conscience or morality. There were several different interesting aspects to me, one is when that part of him, if you look at it for a moment from a psychological point of view, when that mirror image of him dies, it’s very interesting how that becomes in the last minute of the film that he’s alive, the moment where it’s almost like something’s been lifted from him."

"And of the many things I’m proud about the movie, I’m really proud about the way—I don’t expect you to intellectually engage that, but I expect you to feel it. I do think you feel that in the wake of that battle when he turns and Laura kneels beside him, that he is suddenly capable and something has gone away inside him and he’s capable of connecting with her and saying things that the guy who has run through the previous 121 minutes of this movie could not have said, until this point."

"Scott Frank wrote that line ['So this is what it feels like']. We were trading the script back and forth between NY and LA and he wrote that line and sent it to me. Oh my God, I loved it, I knew those were the final words the second I read it, and to me it has two wonderful meanings and Hugh brilliantly plays both of them, one being for a man who has died 450 times in movies, let alone in his career, and yet never dies because of his healing factor, he has no idea, it’s like a tunnel he goes into and never comes out the other side, so there was that very literal meaning in relation to death. But there was also this moment of him holding his daughter’s hand and seeing utter emotion in her eyes and feeling the purest kind of love which is family love, and letting it in for the first time in his life.”

"But essentially, above everything else, it's about being impaled on a tree for the first time. [1]"

‘Logan’ Ending Explained: James Mangold Breaks Down the Wolverine’s Conclusion

18. STEVEN SEAGOLD Purple Belt

STEVEN SEAGOLD
    Watched it again. Some of the scenes were lol.. "Hey look, here's a mobile phone that conveniently explains everything with video footage so perfect you'd think it were staged"

Fat tubby black kid running was funny as hell. You got him locked up in a research facility, yet you can't keep him from the cheetohs? What kind of evil dangerous experimental movie lab is this? Oooh Killem!

The only interesting antagonist got shoe-horned to the pine half-way through, for Mr. Generic evil scientist guy, and Hugh Jackman 2.0

The major problem with this film is, it's still an X-men film.. So the universe continuity matters. You want me to appreciate this film in isolation from the rest, yet at the same time take context from the rest. Given how DOFP ends on the highest of notes, and how Logan starts there just needs to be more that fill in the blanks. Realism is cool and all, but it should not take place over making an emotional connection with the audience.. The end result is we have two old grizzled dudes being really sad and depressed, but no one REALLY seems to know why. All they needed to do was add a flashback or creative dream sequence, and it would have spiked the emotional stakes through the roof.

Nolan's trilogy knows when and when not to creatively go deeper... When to provide context and when to adhere to the less is more, mysterious angle

Logan comes across as trying too hard to be something it wasn't set up to be, a total 180 from the last time at the ending of DOFP, and they barely even explore it? The consequence is major emotional connection with the viewer. Imagine that TDKR ending scene revealing himself to Gordon without the visual flashback... Wouldn't have been as good (Keep in mind that had major emotional resonance because it had been built up for 3 movies, unlike Logan that shortcuts to the end)

Imagine TDKR without TDK and BB... That's what Logan is

A visually beautiful film, but an emotionally lacking and inconsistent rendition in the X-men cinematic universe... Tries to go off with a bang, without lighting a fuse.

High Quality CBM but not on that GOAT tier/10

Amerikuracana and Sanshou Kid like this.
  19. Loiosh Detective

Loiosh
    You're incredibly desperate for attention.

20. Loiosh Detective

Loiosh
    So we're all right.

I really, really wish I'd gone with the tree thing.