Logan Paul vs KSI

I don’t know who these guys are but I’d like to see the two white kids take an ass beating.

This is legitimately one of the strangest things i have ever seen

The two white boys seem like douchebags tbh.

Kinda hope they go to sleep

Hello all, I was thinking of betting some money on this fight but I don't know that much about boxing.

Can someone look at the supposedly leaked sparring with logan paul and say what level he seems to be at?

Is this what to expect after a few months of training or is it under/above average?

Is this skill enough to beat someone that has been boxing for a year (that are same weight class)? Can he stop KSI even tho KSI has trained longer and with pros and has already done a real fight?

He’s light on his feet but we can’t tell how good his movement is because the other guy wasn’t really putting on pressure, and his attempts to hit Paul were extremely telegraphed

7H7E_Rufus_Before.jpg

I'll pass thanks...

I was talking about ksi, because he trained with the mayweather gym before right?
he will not be here before the fight (i dont think). but he will be back after that. he isnt moving here or anything though. he will just come for a short period of time here and there to work. he knows where his money comes from and he would never give that up to make a full time move to boxing

Thanks for the insight ProBoxingInsidr and Humblemcgregorpie. I did some own research and hope this fight is not fixed, then an analysis is nothing worth.

But after reviewing footage of KSI, Joe Weller and Logan Paul I suspect this fight can go either way, but with Logan much more likely to win than Joe Weller was.
I base this mostly on the Weller fight where we saw KSI in action.

KSI had a reach advantage against Weller, he won't have this against Logan.
KSI had a weight advantage against Weller (around 4kg or about 9 pounds during fight night), he shouldn't have that against Logan.
KSI had stamina advantage vs Weller, he could possible still have this on Logan, but i suspect Logan has better stamina than Weller (Weller seemed out of air after throwing 5-7 punches?).
As for "pure strength" I suspect Logan is at a level Weller never been at, hes been a top wrestler (takes good strength and stamina?) and on ninja warrior (you need good upper body strength to be there?).

Logan probably have decent reflexes (from wrestling) and should be better than Weller at reading a person he is fighting. A wrestler has to predict what's about to happen. When a person suddenly move at you, there is a split second to do some sort of reading, and quickly move accordingly. Or your taken down into an unfavorable position.

Weller was for some reason very one dimensional, just going straight at KSI, almost no dodging/blocking and taking every hit to the head? It didn't work well the first round but it was all Weller did that whole fight. My guess is that Logan will be less predictable and will change gameplan/style depending on how KSI behaves. From the short sparring, Logan seems to at least have some sort of movement (while Weller didn't), he avoids many punches by moving.

Weller also released a bunch of training prior to the fight, giving KSI team a good chance to prepare on what was about to go down.
Logan keep the training private (forcing the KSI team to guess more what Logans strengths/weaknesses are etc).

All of this seems to make Logan a much harder challenge?

KSI's gameplan/training (from what they released) seems to be alot about absorbing punches and outlasting Logan. They throw him in there against very strong opponents that will give him a beating. I suspect KSI's team thinks he will win this one by absorbing punches/jabbing early rounds and letting Logan get tired. Then later he expects to have conserved more energy and win.
Alternatively they think he punches so hard that all he will have to do is walk close and trade.

Logan Paul in the leaked video seems to prepare for KSI going hyper offensive. He is boxing someone with lots of weight that goes all in. This dosn't seem to be "chill sparring"?
He seems to handles the pressure ok from the footage shown? But it's a very short clip so it's possible he struggled hard just before getting in those combos, and it's possible the sparring partner wasn't that good? We got so little data... He also lacks some accuracy and misses many of the punches but at the same time he dodges ALL the punches the opponent throws?
Missing a lot is a possible weakness (he might gas if he don't conserve energy).

Overall Logan is probably at a higher level than Joe Weller but is it enough to beat KSI, especially since KSI has most likely improved A LOT since the Weller fight?

Also I could be wrong but Joe Weller strike me as a bit of a simpleton, and I think this matters when it comes to fighting. It can't be proven but I suspect that KSI had an IQ advantage against Weller. But will probably be at a similar level to Logan (both these guys appear somewhat intelligent). And Logan is known to be good at advanced calculus math.

he will not be here before the fight (i dont think). but he will be back after that. he isnt moving here or anything though. he will just come for a short period of time here and there to work. he knows where his money comes from and he would never give that up to make a full time move to boxing

I thought since he was visiting LA it would make sense for him to go For a session or two

It’s strange honestly, he looked horrible on pads in the mayweather video but looked decent on them just days after, and when I see him spar it goes from extremes of “wow he’s getting better” or “tf did he just start?”

It’s kind of crazy he gets 1 on 1 sessions with the likes of eubank jr tho. I would also think Logan would train in the mayweather gym, why isn’t he?

I thought since he was visiting LA it would make sense for him to go For a session or two

It’s strange honestly, he looked horrible on pads in the mayweather video but looked decent on them just days after, and when I see him spar it goes from extremes of “wow he’s getting better” or “tf did he just start?”

It’s kind of crazy he gets 1 on 1 sessions with the likes of eubank jr tho. I would also think Logan would train in the mayweather gym, why isn’t he?
they all went home the next night, so they never made it to vegas. as for his pad session everyone saw atfirst, most people have no idea how difficult it is to hit pads with floyd sr. i have done it and it is really, really hard. he literally came into the gym and was hitting pads in 3 minutes. and floyd likes to be the star of any show, so he wasnt going to make it easy on him at all. it takes a session or 2 with sr. to get the hang of what is going on.

logan only came there to make the video. i guess if you want to make a boxing video, that is the place to do it. he certainly is not going to make regular visits to vegas just to train. also, he had no connection with floyd or jeff coming in. without getting into the politics of things, other parties brought him in and because those parties are selfish dickheads, they lost the opportunity to do a LOT more with Logan in the gym. In fact, had they not been the way they were, you would have never seen KSI in the gym in the first place.

@ProBoxingInsidr called them Rock Stars. They're not.

Being a get a load of me idiot on you tube or releasing a sex tape makes you a celebritY today.

I can’t even have a Facebook. All these narcissistic goons making there entire private lives public and thinking that everyone needs to hear there
Opinions on everything is just gross to me.

Sherdog is as personal as I get online.

I must be a crass old man already because I really don’t get it. Why people would tune into these guys and be so interested in them.
What is their talent?

they all went home the next night, so they never made it to vegas. as for his pad session everyone saw atfirst, most people have no idea how difficult it is to hit pads with floyd sr. i have done it and it is really, really hard. he literally came into the gym and was hitting pads in 3 minutes. and floyd likes to be the star of any show, so he wasnt going to make it easy on him at all. it takes a session or 2 with sr. to get the hang of what is going on.

logan only came there to make the video. i guess if you want to make a boxing video, that is the place to do it. he certainly is not going to make regular visits to vegas just to train. also, he had no connection with floyd or jeff coming in. without getting into the politics of things, other parties brought him in and because those parties are selfish dickheads, they lost the opportunity to do a LOT more with Logan in the gym. In fact, had they not been the way they were, you would have never seen KSI in the gym in the first place.

That explains it. What did Floyd think of him?

If it’s not obvious I really want to see logan get knocked out lol, although I have no hope

That explains it. What did Floyd think of him?

If it’s not obvious I really want to see logan get knocked out lol, although I have no hope
floyd didnt think much. but nobody who is not a pro is going to impress floyd.

also, i can honestly say i have not heard anything that this fight would be a fix. in fact, at least after the press conference it all seemed real. i was with all those guys for at least an hour and they were all talking about what went down and it was definitely legit as they were talking about it. so hopefully it is a good fight for what it is.

Can someone say if this looks like a genuine sparring session? (starts at 8:00)

I have a feeling KSI tries to look a lot worse than he is? The coach, KSI, the guy fighting KSI are laughing a lot during the whole thing, it seems almost like they all laugh knowing how silly this will look?
This can't be a real sparring can it? He calls it the hardest session, yet both seems to take the whole thing as a joke and go maybe 5-10%?

Anyone else think this is an attempt to make Logan think this will be an easy win or something?

Can someone say if this looks like a genuine sparring session? (starts at 8:00)

I have a feeling KSI tries to look a lot worse than he is? The coach, KSI, the guy fighting KSI are laughing a lot during the whole thing, it seems almost like they all laugh knowing how silly this will look?
This can't be a real sparring can it? He calls it the hardest session, yet both seems to take the whole thing as a joke and go maybe 5-10%?

Anyone else think this is an attempt to make Logan think this will be an easy win or something?

He’s fighting a ranked pro lol he’s obviously not gonna try to knock him out

He’s fighting a ranked pro lol he’s obviously not gonna try to knock him out

I don't know the whole clip looks very suspicious to me.

It's not just about the sparring, I showed my girlfriend the whole clip posted earlier and asked what she thought and about the pad work, she responded:
"I don't know, I can do that too? I was at the gym a day and they had boxing, we did pretty much what they do".

I believe my girlfriend might overestimate her boxing skills (and she probably did a little easier pad work, and were slightly slower).
But I do think a lot of people (with some talent) can do what KSI does on the pads if they have around 2 weeks of dedicated training?

This clip strikes as sort of someone that "went and did some boxing for 2 weeks"? Not someone that's been training HARD for months, with top people, personal trainer, nutritionist etc helping..
And therefore I think it must be a "mind game" where the idea is to look less skilled than he is. KSI is no moron so I expect him to use some mind games to win as well.

This is legitimately one of the strangest things i have ever seen

The two white boys seem like douchebags tbh.

Kinda hope they go to sleep

I thoroughly enjoy your exuberance to relax the body Mr The...

Back