Loeffler: In depth on the negotiations and says if you vacate a belt it's because your scared

Coward is strong but he took the easy payday, for sure.
i think it's an appropriate word. it's not like he was signed to fight someone far better and his opponent got switched 2 weeks before the fight. he avoided top competition for an easy opponent. what kind of a champion does that?

Canelo got stripped and built the biggest fight in boxing. Getting GGG more $ than hed ever earn on his own.

Golovkin got stripped and the biggest fight in boxing is happening again. Again getting more $ than hed ever earn on his own.

Why the fuck does everyone feel the need to take a shot at these two in every thread lol. Theyre both incredible fighters and give fans amazing fights regularly.

Golovkin fought Vanes not Canelo.

GGG paid the IBF belt org 20 thousand bucks so he could fight Vanes.

He was NOT stripped for fighting Vanes.

The IBF belt was his for another full month after that fight. Then they had a meeting with the IBF and GGG explained he wanted either the Canelo rematch or a unification with Saunders and the IBF said it was fight the mandatory or lose the belt.

So he quite literally gave up the IBF belt to fight Canelo. Not to fight Vanes.

Facts matter.

The IBF belt was his for another full month after that fight. Then they had a meeting with the IBF and GGG explained he wanted either the Canelo rematch or a unification with Saunders and the IBF said it was fight the mandatory or lose the belt.

Facts matter.
Forgive my English

Isn't this the literal version
After a lengthy review and period of deliberation the International Boxing Federation has vacated the IBF Middleweight title held by Gennady Golovkin since October 17, 2015, as a result of Golovkin not accepting one of the conditions put forth by the organization to grant him the Exception to Regulations to fight Vanes Martirosyan on May 5, 2018 which was not sanctioned by the IBF.
I thought your version is implied?

Facts matter.
Deryevchenko was Golovkins mandatory and he wanted the fight. He wasn't considered.

As for giving up the IBF belt to fight Canelo, well yeah. Why risk the Canelo fight to defend against an unknown. Either way, what I said was right. Deryevchenko was too much risk so they avoided him and dropped the belt instead. It wasn't noble.

Deryevchenko was Golovkins mandatory and he wanted the fight. He wasn't considered.

As for giving up the IBF belt to fight Canelo, well yeah. Why risk the Canelo fight to defend against an unknown. Either way, what I said was right. Deryevchenko was too much risk so they avoided him and dropped the belt instead. It wasn't noble.
hate to say it but Seano's right. GGG didn't want to take hte risk of a guy like Derevyanchenko. It was the smart decision at the end of the day, cause why risk a Canelo rematch, but yeah GGG just didn't think the risk/reward of Dev was there.

GGG's team didn't want him fighting D as he's a Russian which is , potentially, a bigger fight for them with the right build up. Secondly, as the chief sparring of Canelo for any GGG fight, it would be stupidity to fight him before Canelo. Win or lose then, it benefits Canelo.

Anyways, y'all know when GGG beats D, he'll be "just a fighter with 12 fights and no big wins" go the marcA and Seano types.

Back