Local media VS. national media in Germany reporting migrant crimes

That's definitely true but not only in Germany.
I'm reading a couple of European newspapers every day in order to keep up-to-date with European politics and to practice languages.
Then, sometimes I read about immigrant crimes on some American right-wing site, really brutal stuff like a refugee barber slitting his customer's throat and my first reaction is 'meh sounds like Fake News, I didn't see anything about it in the nation's 2 largest newspapers or something. Then you type in 'barber refugee' on their websites and only find stories like "refugee-barber faces wacist backlash because people misunderstand him..." Then I open google.(fr|de|it) and search for some key words and after some digging, yes there often is a legit source, some local newspaper, a press release issued by local police etc
I've even seen statements on Facebook pages of newspapers after people ask "but what about X", the official explanation seems to be that it's 'local news'.

I think that's nonsense and I fully agree with far-right posters who say there's a strong narrative. Other crimes are reported on national media all the time, a nation like Germany has like ~1 1st degree murder a day.
Let alone when we talk about stuff like gang rape which was almost a non-existent problem before diversity kicked in.
And like it or not, yes crimes committed by migrants are different from crimes committed by locals/natives. They add a political dimension. If an Italian commits a crime, it is what it is, he'll be prosecuted. If there's a rise in certain crimes you can try to analyze it and evaluate possible causes and counter-measurements. If people who are there only because politicians made certain decisions start to commit vicious crimes all the time, there's something these politicians have to learn from it, they have to draw their conclusions and they have to adjust their decision making.
Politicians are elected by the people, therefore the people have to be informed about such developments.

Excellent points. Especially the one about migrant crimes not equating native crime.

There is a discussion about mass immigration so of course imported crime is relevant to that discussion.

Also, morally, If I go to a country that isn't mine and kill someone there it is even more reprehensible than if I did it at home.

Define 'large'. When Muslims make up more than 5% of the population in a non-Muslim country, that's usually when things start to go down the drain. You don't find it weird that the exact same problems with Muslims exists in the UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Sweden, Netherlands, Italy etc etc? The same is true outside of Europe in non-Muslim countries.

5% seems like an arbitrary figure. But my town had at least that. Again, no issues with integration.

We're drifting away from what my main point was, is there any data to support the OP? Ancedotal evidence isn't sufficient.

Nothing gives the "real picture". You want either the local or national news to give you complete knowledge - good luck.

The problem with relaying personal experience is that you can't claim it's representive. For example I lived in a heavily Muslim area for many years and had no issues with integration, cohesiveness etc. You wouldn't take that as representative of any situation, you'd point to evidence supporting your opposing claim, surely?

Actually you would be surprised but I give alot of weight to the anecdotal experience of people who I believe are reasonable. You don't sound unreasonable.

5% seems like an arbitrary figure. But my town had at least that. Again, no issues with integration.

We're drifting away from what my main point was, is there any data to support the OP? Ancedotal evidence isn't sufficient.

Ok are we going to discard any opinion or personal experience ?

Besides, you know damn well that studies tend to be loaded AF.

What would satisfy you ? As I have said there are no agregated figures that prove what I claim. It just does not exist.

So / thread, then ?

That's abit easy.

Maybe it's because the local media is not controlled by "those who shall not be named"

5% seems like an arbitrary figure.

To you, yes. However anyone who's been studying Islam/Muslims understands that the same problems arise in non-Muslim countries whenever Muslims reach the 5% mark.

>talks about his 'personal experience in his town'
>dismisses 'anecdotal evidence in OP'

Leftists can't deny it's common knowledge media in Germany and Sweden non-report and damage control for migrants.

They almost openly admit to conceal migrant crimes and this also refers to police reporting.

Leftists have given up defending the "unbiased narrative" of Germany and Sweden. A lot of it is basically the same for other western countries (UK/Italy etc.)

Leftists can't deny it's common knowledge media in Germany and Sweden non-report and damage control for migrants.

They almost openly admit to conceal migrant crimes and this also refers to police reporting.

Leftists have given up defending the "unbiased narrative" of Germany and Sweden. A lot of it is basically the same for other western countries (UK/Italy etc.)

Yes. And it is quite interesting to see that the strings of local media are not pulled by the same groups apparently.

Yes. And it is quite interesting to see that the strings of local media are not pulled by the same groups apparently.
Correct, I was just referring to the leftists here casting doubt on it all and your thread is not something you will find research on.

What I noticed from the left is that they always demand stats and research for anecdotes then when they do get some they try and find every angle to say it's biased/unreliable.

Correct, I was just referring to the leftists here casting doubt on it all and your thread is not something you will find research on.

What I noticed from the left is that they always demand stats and research for anecdotes then when they do get some they try and find every angle to say it's biased/unreliable.

That's easy to explain. Stats and research are currently widely available for one narrative, but not for the other.

They certainly have it easy these days.

We, on the other hand, have to rely more on common sense and personal experience.

What is your town?

He lives in the UK "very close to London." So he's full of shit.

q33j3R5.png

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/me-and-my-girl-finances-advice.2716371/

Back