Loading creatine..with a banana?

Darph

Green Belt
Reaction score
So I don't want to add a bunch of sugary bullshit to my diet, so i figure if i eat my pre-workout banana and slam some water and creatine at the same time, i'll get the same effect as loading it with OJ.

Yes?

Wait, so you think a banana has less sugar than a glass of natural OJ?

Wait, so you think a banana has less sugar than a glass of natural OJ?

No, but I eat bananas anyways.

Potassium is needed for muscle use. Lack of potassium causes your muscles to lock up, aka charlie horse.

No, but I eat bananas anyways.

Potassium is needed for muscle use. Lack of potassium causes your muscles to lock up, aka charlie horse.

Look, the basic jist that you're assuming is that sugar facillitates creatine absorption. This is debatable, but what isn't is that a banana doesn't produce the proper insulin response for this process.

You're better off with a sugary + salty bullshit. An electrolyte drink will help transport the creatine more than anything.

Look, the basic jist that you're assuming is that sugar facillitates creatine absorption. This is debatable, but what isn't is that a banana doesn't produce the proper insulin response for this process.

You're better off with a sugary + salty bullshit. An electrolyte drink will help transport the creatine more than anything.

do you need a hug?

I've assumed it was widely accepted that loading creatine and L-carnatine with carbs was the way to get the best absorption. Will you post evidence disputing it?

I've assumed it was widely accepted that loading creatine and L-carnatine with carbs was the way to get the best absorption. Will you post evidence disputing it?

I never said it wasn't. But, sodium transport also further aids creatine uptake, hence sugary + salty bullshit. A banana does not cause a sufficient insulin response for optimal creatine uptake. A banana, while healthy, is relatively low GI and will not create the insulin response you're looking for.

I take my creatine with Kool-aid. Works like a charm.

A carb/electrolyte drink prior/post workout isn't gonna turn you into a blubbery turd.

believe it or not, i've read by EAS that it's good to load with Alka Setzler. The sodium bicarbonate helps it bond.

believe it or not, i've read by EAS that it's good to load with Alka Setzler. The sodium bicarbonate helps it bond.

Or it could the sodium cations the help transport it, being an electrolyte and all.

I have dislocated my shoulder 3 times in three years when I was using creatine. I also got horrible muscle cramps during and after my workouts while I was on it. I'll never take that stuff again. You may be able to lift a bit more, but all it does is blow your muscles up with a little bit of water weight.

I have dislocated my shoulder 3 times in three years when I was using creatine. I also got horrible muscle cramps during and after my workouts while I was on it. I'll never take that stuff again. You may be able to lift a bit more, but all it does is blow your muscles up with a little bit of water weight.

100% user error. Your dumb ass didn't drink enough water and its also obvious you didn't do a damn bit of research on creatine if all you think it does is "blow your muscles up with water".

Thank the rest of your kind for the "Caution: Hot Liquid" warning on cups of coffee for me.

You know, this is why supps (Creatine a lot of the time) get a bad name. If you read for 30 seconds on the net about your side effects you would know you werent drinking enough. Damn, that shit is so annoying.

Back