Lloyd Irvin's students accused of brutal rape (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's gone. Whatever speculation about his ties to TLI is going to have to remain just that, provided he doesn't show up at a tournament sporting a TLI patch.

Meanwhile:

He also lied when I thought that perhaps english isn't his first language, whereas now it seems like it is (he was enlisted apparently).

Whatever. If he wants to come here and come clean he can.

Last edited:
But you're right, I should probably just quiet down and not say anything. After all, maybe you'll decide that I'm next.
You are not using arguments similar to the one that devnull used, in which identity was crucial to the validity of the argument. He was posting along the lines of the fact that he got paid to go to the 2013 Euros as a photographer and/or writer meant his opinion and information is automatically more valid and should be given more credence.

What devnull did was incorporate who he was into this and when the inevitable question of "Well then, who are you and what are your ties?" came up, it was answered.

You've been a stickler for being correct in the overall discussion - which is a good thing, even if it occasionally shades over into jerkish minutia. That should preserve you from any outings or harassment. In my ideal world, devnull wouldn't experience any harassment from his postings here either. I hope he doesn't, but I do hope that people remember who he is and what he said, because the dude was seriously misguided in his not-so-weirdly-ardent-once-we-knew defenses of LI.

give me a break, it's his fault he wasn't careful enough to sepeate his forum name from his real identity. Besides, I don't consider revealing someone's name to constitute a personal info breach, that means nothng.

I've said it before, but there's a difference between being an asshole and having an unpopular opinion. Yeah if a guy is posting threats or admitting to wrongdoing, by all means let's expose it and report him to authorities.

But all devnull has done is said "I don't think Lloyd did it". You guys want to pretend like this is some sort of horrible misdeed that needs to be punished. The guy is entitled to his opinion, even if everybody else disagrees with him.

There is a difference, but that difference isn't as clear as you claim. You think he wasn't, but I think he ABSOLUTELY was being an asshole. And he would not have said the stupid ass shit he wrote in public, with his face and identity known to a crowd of people. His anonymity enabled his douchebaggery.

And why did he become silent? Maybe he feared some grand internet backlash against him. Or maybe, just maybe like in real life, if he made stupid ass comments to a room full of people and they laughed at his face, he would STFU, realizing his comment was stupid.

LOL, at Devnull's feigned ignorance.

BJJ blogger Georgette Oden has been one of the most outspoken about how Luca and Llyod have treated the rape issues.
http://georgetteoden.blogspot.com/

And guess what,
Georgette Oden and Dev followed each other in the blog world which makes his trolling more ridiculous knowing full well Georgette's passion on this issue. (scroll down to the bottom for Dev's comment as well)
http://georgetteoden.blogspot.com/2011/02/repost-from-dev-tournament-prep-1-2.html

Airforce Major Devlin Kostal, is an American Hero fighting for his country the world over, lets not forget that. When in the Washington, D.C. area the closest air force base is Joint Base Andrews (formerly known as Andrews Air Force Base, formerly known as Camp Springs Air Base).

Coincidentally, Lloyd's Worldwide Headquarters is also located in Camp Springs.

Now I understand why he left. He's in the military and his commanding officer would be HIGHLY upset if he/she found out what he posted on this forum.

Now I understand why he left. He's in the military and his commanding officer would be HIGHLY upset if he/she found out what he posted on this forum.

How is he in the military and a professional BJJ 3%er photographer/editor at the same time?

BJJ blogger Georgette Oden has been one of the most outspoken about how Luca and Llyod have treated the rape issues.

And guess what,
Georgette Oden and Dev followed each other in the blog world which makes his trolling more ridiculous knowing full well Georgette's passion on this issue. (scroll down to the bottom for Dev's comment as well)
http://georgetteoden.blogspot.com/2011/02/repost-from-dev-tournament-prep-1-2.html

Airforce Major Devlin Kostal, is an American Hero fighting for his country the world over, lets not forget that. When in the Washington, D.C. area the closest air force base is Joint Base Andrews (formerly known as Andrews Air Force Base, formerly known as Camp Springs Air Base).

You mean this guy?

http://www.mastersdivision.com/photos/competition/dev_01.html

if anyone wants to see who Devnull or Devlin Kostal looks like.

And guess what,

I find it interesting that he appears to be able to write reasonably well on the Blog, yes his posts on here were so unintelligible and silly sounding.

He also lied when I thought that perhaps english isn't his first language, whereas now it seems like it is (he was enlisted apparently).

Whatever. If he wants to come here and come clean he can.

This related to my last post, he DID say several times in threads that English wasn't his first language. I never posted anything hostile towards the guy, and have just been lurking the threads since making a couple of posts early on. but I clearly recall him saying in more than one post that English was his second language. Which was what I was most surprised about when I read his blog. Completely different writing style.

As for him being gone. He took a really unpopular stance, and defended it horribly. To the point where most posts didn't make any sense. This is a discussion forum with a reputation for being pretty harsh. He made himself a pretty obvious target. Doesn't mean it's right, but he should have used some common sense and been more aware of where he was and what he was posting. He shouldn't have posted info that easily allowed people to find out who he is either. With the nonsense he was posting, someone was going to use it.

Last edited:
Devnull claimed to be ESL after it was asked of him.

The only thing he posted in another language was "Yes, that is true" translated into german. Easily done with google.

When another poster wrote entire comments to him in that language, he never responded.

It was pretty clear from the onset he was lying about that.

Just saying.

I've said it before, but there's a difference between being an asshole and having an unpopular opinion. Yeah if a guy is posting threats or admitting to wrongdoing, by all means let's expose it and report him to authorities.

But all devnull has done is said "I don't think Lloyd did it". You guys want to pretend like this is some sort of horrible misdeed that needs to be punished. The guy is entitled to his opinion, even if everybody else disagrees with him.

Pardon?!

Devnull didn't simply say, "I don't think Lloyd did it," he started from the basic assumption that Lloyd didn't do it and then, when confronted with the facts of the case, went a step further to assert that not only did Lloyd have nothing to do with it, but that the community's outrage was fueled only by their unquenchable desire to hate on Lloyd Irving for building his BJJ empire. He used that, combined with his willful ignorance to wind people up for pages upon pages.

It's on thing to state an opinion, it's another to be confronted with factual evidence that contradicts your opinion and to ignore that evidence. At some point it just becomes dogmatic belief, which is basically what Devnull has; dogmatic belief in Lloyd Irvin's character and complete innocence.

Unfortunately, he got a bit too comfortable and let some information slip that led to the discovery of his real name. AFAIK, nobody from this forum has any intention of harassing him or taking this any further than discussing the implications of his affiliation with TLI.

Last edited:
Devnull claimed to be ESL after it was asked of him.

The only thing he posted in another language was "Yes, that is true" translated into german. Easily done with google.

When another poster wrote entire comments to him in that language, he never responded.

It was pretty clear from the onset he was lying about that.

Just saying.

He clearly didn't speak German, but I do remember his old blog being written in Spanish as well as English. I think this was just an attempt to throw people off his scent when we were trying to figure out his relationship to TLI.

I'm not generally one for conspiracy theories, but a black belt I know mentioned that Lloyd has at times used other people's accounts to post on forums. He has also conscripted people into advocating and posting for him.

Judging by the different styles that devnull posted in, the strange way it seemed that he completely forgot past conversations, and the fact that he disappeared once the identity was revealed makes me think multiple TLI guys were posting from the same account. I hate conspiracy theories but it makes sense.

WOW.... The level of incompetence and sheer assuming on this forum / conspiracy theories is absolutely astonishing. To clear some things up. First and foremost I just go back from traveling again very busy at work, I am not Devlin Kostal. I have to put that out there first and foremost because you are messing with someone's PERSONAL life and that is completely unacceptable. In fact if you contact this Devlin Kostal he will have no clue what you are talking about or the posts on this thread because they are NOT the same person.

I have this to say though, grow up, get a life and stop hating on Lloyd for something you know nothing about except for one sided articles. If you want the truth grow a pair drive up to Maryland and ask Master Lloyd yourself instead of making up stupid shit online that has no basis. You look like imbeciles for quoting articles if bring up the case records. You can look them up if you want using your own resources but these article are written by hating / jaded / racist reporters and are absolutely not a valid source / citation. A valid source would be something from for example
"http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/processDisclaimer.jis"

I realize all this hating on Lloyd is not going to stop and I realize you all don't respect my opinion on the matter, but I am standfast. English is not be my first language, I don't speak German, but its non of your business either what langauge I speak.

I love your conspiracy theories though.

I am not Devlin Kostal, Grow up, Go to maryland talk to Lloyd.

WOW.... The level of incompetence and sheer assuming on this forum / conspiracy theories is absolutely astonishing. To clear some things up. First and foremost I just go back from traveling again very busy at work, I am not Devlin Kostal. I have to put that out there first and foremost because you are messing with someone's PERSONAL life and that is completely unacceptable. In fact if you contact this Devlin Kostal he will have no clue what you are talking about or the posts on this thread because they are NOT the same person.

I have this to say though, grow up, get a life and stop hating on Lloyd for something you know nothing about except for one sided articles. If you want the truth grow a pair drive up to Maryland and ask Master Lloyd yourself instead of making up stupid shit online that has no basis. You look like imbeciles for quoting articles if bring up the case records. You can look them up if you want using your own resources but these article are written by hating / jaded / racist reporters and are absolutely not a valid source / citation. A valid source would be something from for example

I realize all this hating on Lloyd is not going to stop and I realize you all don't respect my opinion on the matter, but I am standfast. English is not be my first language, I don't speak German, but its non of your business either what langauge I speak.

images

Nice try Devlin

Yeah go talk to Lloyd, I'm sure he is more that willing to speak openly and honestly with anyone who has questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back