Lloyd Irvin's students accused of brutal rape (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been in a position to follow much, but am hoping to hear that TLI is doing a righteous house-cleaning, and that the NYE offenders have been publicly kicked off the team and told to reincarnate as something less offensive.

Rather, Jordon Schultz longingly posted a photo of Nick Schultz on... some photo site, with "miss you man" as the caption.

So, pretty much no.

Is there any news on an actual trial?

They go before a jury on Feb 27th apparently.

Really LI hasn't publically denounced those two scuzballs? No way

Really LI hasn't publically denounced those two scuzballs? No way

Go read his official statement again. He hardly mentions the two, other than to say they'd barely trained there for more than a few months.

He then goes on to call all of the "haters" "depraved and misguided"

Go read his official statement again. He hardly mentions the two, other than to say they'd barely trained there for more than a few months.

He then goes on to call all of the "haters" "depraved and misguided"

Figured. Man I keep wanting to give him the benefit of doubt. Guy keeps on sinking lower and lower

IT all makes sense as to why luca attala defended lloyd and his goods so aggressively. They have a 2 page spread on Marcos Avellan.

lulz.
These guys never stop.

h*tp://www.graciemag.com/2013/01/gm-191-we-have-unravelled-the-de-la-riva-code/
Scroll 1/4 of the way down.

I haven't been in a position to follow much, but am hoping to hear that TLI is doing a righteous house-cleaning, and that the NYE offenders have been publicly kicked off the team and told to reincarnate as something less offensive.

Pretty sure the only thing you missed in this thread was people arguing primarily about semantics.

IT all makes sense as to why luca attala defended lloyd and his goods so aggressively. They have a 2 page spread on Marcos Avellan.

lulz.
These guys never stop.

h*tp://www.graciemag.com/2013/01/gm-191-we-have-unravelled-the-de-la-riva-code/
Scroll 1/4 of the way down.

BUT WAIT . . . THERE'S MORE!

CHALLENGE: Welcome to the jungle

p_321.jpg

Lloyd Irvin gathers 13 of the world

Wouldn't you expect a BJJ magazine to write about that one though?

I have a problem with folks publicly outing someone who is trying to remain anonymous. I have an even bigger problem if people use that personal information to essentially punish him for expressing an unpopular opinion. I'd like to think that won't happen, but I've seen folks from this forum take things way too far before.

He has every right to his opinion and to express it here, no matter how stupid it is.

Yes and no. People use their anonymity as a shield, to say stupid, outrageous shit they normally wouldn't say in a conversation face to face. This is the same reason why there's road rage. People believe that as they hide behind anonymity, they can be assholes without consequence. In an ideal world of puppies and unicorns, assholes can be assholes without repercussions. But this is ain't that world.

Wouldn't you expect a BJJ magazine to write about that one though?

The tricky thing about GracieMag is that, and correct me if I'm wrong,but you can get coverage if you're a GracieMagAssociate. So it's hard to consider them a legit news source if you can buy yourself in. They do some amazing coverage and have strong roots throughout the community but are they impartial? I think the major media outlet for BJJ/MMA have failed to cover Lloyd's various scandals. The most impressive thing (with its own pros and cons) is that all the coverage has been by forum members. The community itself has stepped up to cover these stories when others haven't.

It's hilarious that you post this, because that's exactly what you are doing in these threads.

Everyone does that in these threads, including the folks who can't let it go that devnull disagrees with them.

Difference is that you don't see me posting anyone's real name or directing people to their personal blog.

Yes and no. People use their anonymity as a shield, to say stupid, outrageous shit they normally wouldn't say in a conversation face to face. This is the same reason why there's road rage. People believe that as they hide behind anonymity, they can be assholes without consequence. In an ideal world of puppies and unicorns, assholes can be assholes without repercussions. But this is ain't that world.

I've said it before, but there's a difference between being an asshole and having an unpopular opinion. Yeah if a guy is posting threats or admitting to wrongdoing, by all means let's expose it and report him to authorities.

But all devnull has done is said "I don't think Lloyd did it". You guys want to pretend like this is some sort of horrible misdeed that needs to be punished. The guy is entitled to his opinion, even if everybody else disagrees with him.

I've said it before, but there's a difference between being an asshole and having an unpopular opinion. Yeah if a guy is posting threats or admitting to wrongdoing, by all means let's expose it and report him to authorities.

But all devnull has done is said "I don't think Lloyd did it". You guys want to pretend like this is some sort of horrible misdeed that needs to be punished. The guy is entitled to his opinion, even if everybody else disagrees with him.

you're implying that devnull was innocently typing an opinion. lol what are you doing? I can't tell what points you're trying to make in just about every post I read. It's like some game trying to be a unbiased observer except you're only sticking up for Lloyd's shills.

Devnull probably hasn't even been harassed, he brought up the blog himself, his name is in his handle, it wasn't a big deal. If he were so innocently giving his opinion he wouldn't have ran away and hid his blog. What do you gain by obfuscating the discussion with your antagonism?

Everyone does that in these threads, including the folks who can't let it go that devnull disagrees with them.

Difference is that you don't see me posting anyone's real name or directing people to their personal blog.

He is the one that called that attention on himself, acting like a "3%er" because he gets paid to travel and do bjj for his glorious blog.

I asked if that was his blog and....end of the world?

Please.

you're implying that devnull was innocently typing an opinion. lol what are you doing? I can't tell what points you're trying to make in just about every post I read. It's like some game trying to be a unbiased observer except you're only sticking up for Lloyd's shills.

I'm not implying it. I'm saying it. The part about him being some sort of paid shill has been conjecture from the start. If someone has something more showing he's training with (or employed by) TLI, please share.

Devnull probably hasn't even been harassed, he brought up the blog himself, his name is in his handle, it wasn't a big deal. If he were so innocently giving his opinion he wouldn't have ran away and hid his blog. What do you gain by obfuscating the discussion with your antagonism?

Give me a break. The guy disappeared because you guys posted his real name, blog, and links to articles he wrote, including his picture. You think he's gone because he thinks he did something wrong? No. He's gone because he's afraid of blowback in his personal life.

So congrats guys, you finally won. You didn't change his opinion, but at least you bullied him into silence. But hey, you're right. That's still not enough, because he probably hasn't been harrassed yet. :rolleyes:

But you're right, I should probably just quiet down and not say anything. After all, maybe you'll decide that I'm next.

He is the one that called that attention on himself, acting like a "3%er" because he gets paid to travel and do bjj for his glorious blog.

I asked if that was his blog and....end of the world?

Please.

He's gone. Whatever speculation about his ties to TLI is going to have to remain just that, provided he doesn't show up at a tournament sporting a TLI patch.

Meanwhile:

But like you said, I don't think people should start demonizing him and using personal info against him. I don't agree with posting his name and trying to ruin his name. I would much rather he just comes out and is honest with us himself.

LOL, at Devnull's feigned ignorance.

BJJ blogger Georgette Oden has been one of the most outspoken about how Luca and Llyod have treated the rape issues.
http://georgetteoden.blogspot.com/

And guess what,
Georgette Oden and Dev followed each other in the blog world which makes his trolling more ridiculous knowing full well Georgette's passion on this issue. (scroll down to the bottom for Dev's comment as well)
http://georgetteoden.blogspot.com/2011/02/repost-from-dev-tournament-prep-1-2.html

Airforce Major Devlin Kostal, is an American Hero fighting for his country the world over, lets not forget that. When in the Washington, D.C. area the closest air force base is Joint Base Andrews (formerly known as Andrews Air Force Base, formerly known as Camp Springs Air Base).

Coincidentally, Lloyd's Worldwide Headquarters is also located in Camp Springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back