Living with CTE: Gary Goodridge

DaviVasco

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

Man, that is so sad. Big Daddy always fought like a warrior, but his style and years of punishment caught up to him

He looks horrible, has dementia and CTE

A lot of UFC fighters will probably go down the same route, specially Diego Sanchez, he needs to stop now. Hunt already has signs of CTE.

Gary-Goodridge-KOs-Amir_zps7a2kwjta.gif

Very sad. I imagine in the next 10 years we're going to see a ton of fighters like this.

it's what you can expect after so many punches in the head over the years.
sad.

It's why fighters should get compensated more. Putting their health on the line like this. I will never blame anyone for negotiating higher.

Man, that is so sad. Big Daddy always fought like a warrior, but his style and years of punishment caught up to him

He looks horrible, has dementia and CTE

A lot of UFC fighters will probably go down the same route, specially Diego Sanchez, he needs to stop now. Hunt already has signs of CTE.

Gary-Goodridge-KOs-Amir_zps7a2kwjta.gif

I have a mild brain injury and it sucks bad enough. Can't imagine something this serious

I believe he mentioned that the biggest damage he incurred was when he was doing kickboxing.

He has contributed to other fighters' CTE just as well.
And he didnt appear to feel all too sorry about it
Hey man it's only fair. Some motherfucker gives me CTE, I'm gonna do my best to give it right back.

Anyone figure out why Matt Hughes drove his truck in front of that train yet?

UFC has huge CTE issues coming, they always try to pass fighter health off on the commission.

we're talking about a guy who had about 50 losses in MMA and kickboxing, it's a slippery slope because once you already have brain damage it's hard to do any other type of work but fighting

but I doubt very many fighters will have it so bad

Very sad. I imagine in the next 10 years we're going to see a ton of fighters like this.

This is not a viral disease. It has been the same way and will be the same way. You had fighters with CTE before, you have them now and you will have them in the future.

You have a higher chance of getting CTE in Boxing and Kickboxing.

I believe Gary Goodridge said most of his head damage came from his Kickboxing career.

He has contributed to other fighters' CTE just as well.
And he didnt appear to feel all too sorry about it

You're probably good at funerals, "Guy was a dick to some people one time, fuck em"

Curious how his endocrine system in functioning, and if they have access to stem cell treatments. It has shown some promise in friends of mine.

Back