Living in a Ban State

I'm fairly familiar with them, I've got a few. I was just pointing out that the vertical foreward grip on the first one you pictured turns it into an NFA deal.
If the foreward grip was angled back 45', then all of a sudden it's not a machinegun anymore.

Read the ATF definition. Not a rifle. Not a pistol. A rifle (long or short) is only a rifle, if it was sdesigned to be shouldered. The ATF has already defined these as AoW’s. The ATF pistol brace ruling has made SBR tax stamps obsolete. If I lived in a free state, a suppressed AR pistol with a brace would be my ultimate PDW.
View attachment 352729

That’s a no on 80%’s for us. I think.

EDIT: I might also add, that for a firearm to be ATF defined legal as an AOW or "other". It can never have been a pistol or rifle in it's existence. Which means these firearms are all built off virgin receivers. Converting a papered rifle or pistol falls under the NFA.

I'm fairly familiar with them, I've got a few. I was just pointing out that the vertical foreward grip on the first one you pictured turns it into an NFA deal.
If the foreward grip was angled back 45', then all of a sudden it's not a machinegun anymore.

Listen. Here is the link to an article on the very weapon I pictured. Your initial assertion was that it was a SBR. I’m telling you that as long as there is no shoulder stock, and the weapon was made from a virgin receiver. The manufacturer is either going to produce an NFA AOW or a non-NFA “firearm” dependent on overall length.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ys-new-ar-15-is-neither-a-pistol-nor-a-rifle/

I honestly feel the ATF will eventually revise their rulings, as the non NFA firearms will cut into their “tax stamp” cash cow. I also feel, states will also eventually amend their laws to include AOW and firearms as well. That’s why everyone in my state is making these things fly off the shelves.

Last edited:
That's confusing, but I think I get it.

I appreciate the edification.

Listen. Here is the link to an article on the very weapon I pictured. Your initial assertion was that it was a SBR. I’m telling you that as long as there is no shoulder stock, and the weapon was made from a virgin receiver. The manufacturer is either going to produce an NFA AOW or a non-NFA “firearm” dependent on overall length.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ys-new-ar-15-is-neither-a-pistol-nor-a-rifle/

I honestly feel the ATF will eventually revise their rulings, as the non NFA firearms will cut into their “tax stamp” cash cow. I also feel, states will also eventually amend their laws to include AOW and firearms as well. That’s why everyone in my state is making these things fly off the shelves.

I was going to say, that looks a lot like the Franklin XO-26. I'd love to have one of those in 300 BO, can't have that in CA either (unsafe handgun).

I was going to say, that looks a lot like the Franklin XO-26. I'd love to have one of those in 300 BO, can't have that in CA either (unsafe handgun).

I was gonna ask how Cali gun law handles AoW’s, others, and “Firearms”? Are your legal loopholes airtight?

The sks is still affordable and is a piece of history.
Some drafts of the assault weapon ban have them excepted by name.
Minis are good too, depending of the year.

I was gonna ask how Cali gun law handles AoW’s, others, and “Firearms”? Are your legal loopholes airtight?

I really don't know about AOWs and others, but specifically referring to the Franklin XO26, I emailed Franklin Armory about it and their response is that they can't sell it in CA. I can't remember exactly why, but I believe it has to do with AR Pistols being considered an AW if the barrel was concealed by any other device, apart from a slide, that would protect the shooter from burning his hand. Therefore, that all-important 2nd grip would be unlawful.

Last edited:

What are we defining as "virgin"? As long as I buy any lower and its never attached to a collapsible stock and 16" upper, it can be defined as an AoW?

The sks is still affordable and is a piece of history.
Some drafts of the assault weapon ban have them excepted by name.
Minis are good too, depending of the year.

You want Mini’s with model numbers that are 580 series and higher. Those are the ones with the tapered heavier barrel. Models before that are the ones that experience barrel whip when they get heated.

For an SKS. My dream would be to find an unfired Tula with all matching numbers. Norinco’s are okay. Yugo’s would be my next favorite. I would just make it so the gas bushing couldn’t switch between grenade and rifle.

What are we defining as "virgin"? As long as I buy any lower and its never attached to a collapsible stock and 16" upper, it can be defined as an AoW?

A Virgin is any receiver that has never been registered as a rifle OR a pistol ever. From there you can configure it into an AOW or “Other”, provided it is legal to do so in your state. In my state, only FFL’s are allowed to posses receivers that are not pre ban. So only they can manufacture AoW’s and “others” then transfer them to a customer.

PS- if you make an AoW, you need a tax stamp. If you make an “other” you don’t, but it would behoove you to contact the ATF to get a letter stating that you in fact made an “other”. A lot of manufacturers are including ATF letters with their sales.

Last edited:
You want Mini’s with model numbers that are 580 series and higher. Those are the ones with the tapered heavier barrel. Models before that are the ones that experience barrel whip when they get heated.

For an SKS. My dream would be to find an unfired Tula with all matching numbers. Norinco’s are okay. Yugo’s would be my next favorite. I would just make it so the gas bushing couldn’t switch between grenade and rifle.

A Virgin is any receiver that has never been registered as a rifle OR a pistol ever. From there you can configure it into an AOW or “Other”, provided it is legal to do so in your state. In my state, only FFL’s are allowed to posses receivers that are not pre ban. So only they can manufacture AoW’s and “others” then transfer them to a customer.

PS- if you make an AoW, you need a tax stamp. If you make an “other” you don’t, but it would behoove you to contact the ATF to get a letter stating that you in fact made an “other”. A lot of manufacturers are including ATF letters with their sales.

Norincos are still the best in terms of cost X benefit . To think that sks and mosins used to be sold by crates for the same price of a tire...

Awesome. Thanks for this mate.

Norincos are still the best in terms of cost X benefit . To think that sks and mosins used to be sold by crates for the same price of a tire...

Iknowrite? If we only had a crystal ball back then.

Iknowrite? If we only had a crystal ball back then.

Oh, and one more thing I love about the SKS. I was having a problem with the gas tube, and after checking in some forums, the solution given was to hammer it straight. I was like "WTF? That can't be serious".

It worked perfectly after I gave it three hammers strikes.

Checkmate, AR guys.

Well.......Deerfield, Illinois is the first place to ban ALL versions of the Ruger Mini 14, and their “Shroud” definition (usually reserved for assault pistol designations), has pretty much put the SCR’s legality into question. I’m really surprised at the Ruger ruling though. Most AW bans only reference Mini’s with folding stocks. The most retarded aspect of the new ban? While Mini’s are no banned, it’s big brother, the M1A is still legal.
<JagsKiddingMe>

SKS’s got the old Ruger treatment. Folks can’t transfer their SKS’s into a modern chassis with a folding stock anymore.

Also Massachusetts recent AW revision made the formerly 50 state friendly SCR illegal now as well. Since all weapons that share parts commonality with banned items are banned now too.

This is where I get conflicted about how much sabre rattling pro gun guys do. While we need to voice just how stupid some of these bans are. There’s also a part of me that thinks comparing X model of rifle to the AR can hurt as well. A lot of pro gun advocates love comparing the capabilities of the Mini 14 to the AR while arguing the semantics of “appearance “. Well Deerfield’s ban is a clear sign of “careful what you wish for”. Instead of agreeing that appearance has nothing to do with performance. The politicians just said, “fuck it, we’ll ban them both then.”

I’m literally getting to the point of saying fuck it myself, and turning in my semiautomatics for a .357 lever action and revolver combo, but that’d be capitulating to the snow flakes. And I’ll be damned if I’m gonna do that. Seriously though, Cowboy Action shooting looks fun as fuck.

Vermont just went all fucky with new gun laws. Just in time to leave now!

But have done a few orders for magazines lately. An inventory of 30rd'ers indicates I have a metric shitton.

Vermont just went all fucky with new gun laws. Just in time to leave now!

But have done a few orders for magazines lately. An inventory of 30rd'ers indicates I have a metric shitton.

Well it was only a matter of time. They did give us Bernie Sanders after all.

Well it was only a matter of time. They did give us Bernie Sanders after all.
Vermont isn’t Vermont anymore. It’s filled with gross New Yorkers and the like. Gotta make Vermont safe like New York is.

Vermont isn’t Vermont anymore. It’s filled with gross New Yorkers and the like. Gotta make Vermont safe like New York is.

Massachusetts students are the bulk of out-of-state enrollment in Vermont

Back