Liver shot from a southpaw to orthodox?

neil_totally

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure this out, but I'm struggling. Any one got some recommendations/examples for setting this up and hitting it?

The only consistent one I've found so far is a left straight counter off the opponents rear kick.

The only other options I've been able to work on involve full on steps around the opponent to get the right angle, which I don't mind, it's just a tough manouvre as it involves stepping through in the opposite direction that we're used to as southpaws.

Any recommendations for combo's etc are super appreciated!

-Clinch + left knee.
-Front teep to his left hip, then left roundhouse. The teep may make his liver more available...
-Inside low to his left leg, then left round house. The low may make his liver more available...
-Feint pivot to the outside, if he follows, reposition your self back making it easier for you to "step around" to his right.
-Counter his right punches with left roundhouse or knee. You may try to bait them.
-What @Boran said... One of those 100 will find its mark...

The only consistent one I've found so far is a left straight counter off the opponents rear kick.

Not sure I understand right. You counter you opponent's right kick, with a straight body punch? If that's the case, I personally wouldn't recommend it, to dangerous and not worth the risk. But if it works for you...

Last edited:
Left kicks and if you're good on timing and fast, long knee counters to straight punches.

Not sure I understand right. You counter you opponent's right kick, with a straight body punch? If that's the case, I personally wouldn't recommend it, to dangerous and not worth the risk. But if it works for you...

Yeah, i don’t get the opening to throw it every time, but if my opponent ends a combo with a right leg rear kick, I often find there’s enough of an opening before they reset their feet that their right side is close enough that I can level change and hit that spot with a straight before it’s too far away.

I am 100% gonna work on that lead teep to the hip followed by the left kick. That seems like it would work a treat!

Set up the teep and get him reacting to it. Then you can fake the teep and throw a left knee to his liver

Back