Live-Action MULAN Movie (September 4, 2020 Release on Disney+)

If you have seen MULAN (2020), how would you rate it?

• 9 - Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 - Good

• 7 - Pretty Good

• 6 - Decent

• 5 - Average/Meh/Mediocre

• 4 - Poor

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terrible

• Total voters
true, but the original Mulan cost 70 MILLION to produce (over 100mil inflation adjusted) and would be far more expensive today (lack of non cgi animation talent).
True but maybe they don't have to be of that scale. Cartoon Saloon made three 2D animated films for just over $25 million combined and all three were nominated for Best Animated Feature at the Academy Awards.

True but maybe they don't have to be of that scale. Cartoon Saloon made three 2D animated films for just over $25 million combined and all three were nominated for Best Animated Feature at the Academy Awards.
wow, those look lovely. Will have to give them a watch if I get the time.

Movies cost too much now and studios are too cowardly to risk hundreds of millions on untested intellectual property. This is why the truly creative work is coming out of TV and video games.

And web novels. Costs nearly nothing to produce and when it hits big, sheesh!

she has great bewbs
the_curse_of_the_golden_flower.jpg

the guy in the back is staring and thinking "look at dem sweet bewbs"

gong-li-curse-of-the-golden-flower-man-cheng-jin-dai-huang-jin-jia-BR4AAP.jpg

curse_of_the_golden_flower_movie_image_gong_li__1_.jpg
The hell? How come they look asian?. They don't look that way in the animated movie

The hell? How come they look asian?. They don't look that way in the animated movie
Who is that girl I see
Staring straight, back at me
Why is my reflection someone I don't know
Somehow I cannot hide
Who I am
Though I've tried
When will my reflection show who I am inside

No Mushu but the Teaser makes it loom like crouching tiger Hidden Mulan.

i dont know why, but when i read live action mulan remake, i sort of assumed it was going to be in chinese. looks very weird to me to see a bunch of asians in china speaking english to each other. i get that itll probably make a lot less money if its in chinese.

i dont know why, but when i read live action mulan remake, i sort of assumed it was going to be in chinese. looks very weird to me to see a bunch of asians in china speaking english to each other. i get that itll probably make a lot less money if its in chinese.

They could be doing a straight Chinese version for China.

agh, the teaser looks good. i love mulan. but i read they're not gonna have the hot general guy and instead some dweeb that picks on her then becomes a love interest which sounded mehhhh.

The trailer already has close to 10k dislikes

Not enough blacks in it I guess

tenor.gif

What can I say.. at least the actress looks like the original, classic Mulan character so I guess that's a big win considering current events.

Should have used the songs and Mushu, they are being silly but it could be worse.

tenor.gif

What can I say.. at least the actress looks like the original, classic Mulan character so I guess that's a big win considering current events.

Should have used the songs and Mushu, they are being silly but it could be worse.

Looks like a more serious take on Mulan

Animated movie was pretty much a comedy

And I'm not sure this is true but I actually read that this movie is based on "The Ballad of Mulan" and not the Disney movie

Hm it doesn't look bad, but it doesn't really feel like a Disney movie either.

It seems overly serious.
The problem I had with Aladdin is they took out a lot of the fun that was in the animation to make it more 'real'.

Back