Little situation at my gim

Straight up, I'd say i dont roll with blue belts i dont like. Ive done it before. Rolling with a highblvl belt is a privilege. If your attitude loses u that honor, aah well. *shrug*

Straight up, I'd say i dont roll with blue belts i dont like. Ive done it before. Rolling with a highblvl belt is a privilege. If your attitude loses u that honor, aah well. *shrug*

Had to get to the last post to see the right answer!

you've just been posting dumb responses thread after thread. This one you just posted is beyond stupid

Will you be chargining me for it?

It's not stupid they shouldn't be so many weight classes, it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
OP is in a tough spot in terms of his ego. His dilemma is he doesnt want to feel like a pussy for tapping early to a leg lock to a guy who has a douchy personality. I would bet anything that the guy in question actually does respect the tap, but people dont tap early enough. In my experience, thats how 99% of people get hurt; they wait too long and try to fight out of a position and they mis-time it. The real kicker is I bet OP is better at BJJ than this dickwad, but has possibly even or less leg lock ability.
I like how u think bro

You could call him out? On some "sorry, I didn't quite catch that. What did you say?" And then explain that he's being disrespectful and that u don't usually look to disrespectful people for technical feedback so if he wants to help you he needs to find a way to be more respectful about it.

Or you could just say my knees dodgy, uve got a pretty physical leglock game (or game in general) and you're worried it might get hurt if you take it straight from getting nursed to getting abused.

But tell him why and don't let it phase you.

Had to get to the last post to see the right answer!
For reals ,fam , this belt was hard work. Some little shit coming in and giving me a hard time, not happening man. Ill completely ignore the fck outta u. How u take it is ur prerogative

Will you be chargining me for it?

It's not stupid they shouldn't be so many weight classes, it's ridiculous.

no, I can't penalize you for being a troll and a douche

what's your suggestion? all the weight classes are separated by about 13-15 pounds anyways. Increase them even more? thats a pretty big disparity if you just want to make less weight classes

If OP was a white belt he'd roll with this blue and tap without a second thought. So whats the real issue here? I'm a 50 year old black belt - if someone asks me to roll that I think is dangerous or wild I'll give them the tightest, most boring roll of their life. If you can't dictate the positions of a match against someone two ranks below you then maybe you're still rusty or need to learn some tactics for this situation.

I’ve had to tap to guys I hate. It sucks but it drives you more than tapping to anyone else in the gym.

no, I can't penalize you for being a troll and a douche

what's your suggestion? all the weight classes are separated by about 13-15 pounds anyways. Increase them even more? thats a pretty big disparity if you just want to make less weight classes

I'm not a troll.

Back