Little known great albums

Teaser - Tommy Bolin
Privite Eyes - Tommy Bolin

I don't know any omg incredible unknown albums but sometimes I think some of the older music gets lost in time. There were some guys that just seem to have music in their souls.

Take Bill Withers for example, born in 1938. That dude could lay down some serious feeling.
330px-Bill_Withers_1976.JPG

Here is a 2 minute clip of Ain't No Sunshine

And of course, Use Me

Afghan Whigs - 1965
Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas
Saviours - Into Abaddon
Naked City - Radio
Charles Mingus - Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
Malignus Youth - More to it

April Wine and 1979's "Harder...Faster"

Imagine cruising with the windows down on a warm summer night:

Say Hello

I Like To Rock

Fleetwood Mac - Future Games. Really jazzy blues album. I think it might have been their last one before bringing in the ho's.

title track:

This is a fantastic album from 3 guys from England. I think it came out really early seventies. It's not a full on rock album but it really is good.
A few of the tracks are instrumental. Flutes and tablas are used on some tracks sparingly, but don't let that put you off. Most songs are relaxed songs, but some ain't, especially the second song 'Snake' which has a mental Hendrix sounding guitar intro.

Mineral - EndSerenading

I don't know any omg incredible unknown albums but sometimes I think some of the older music gets lost in time. There were some guys that just seem to have music in their souls.

Take Bill Withers for example, born in 1938. That dude could lay down some serious feeling.
330px-Bill_Withers_1976.JPG

Here is a 2 minute clip of Ain't No Sunshine

And of course, Use Me

I completely agree, but Bill Withers is pretty well known wouldn't you say? Few of his songs anyway. There are lots of guys from back then who were brilliant, but that pretty much no one knows about.

Take Paul Pena, he was completely blind by the time he was 20 and he had definitely had music in his soul...never made it big (though one of his songs was a hit for the Steve Miller Band) and got into tuvan throat singing when he was older. Really interesting story. His voice is great:

Willie Wright would be another good example:

I completely agree, but Bill Withers is pretty well known wouldn't you say? Few of his songs anyway. There are lots of guys from back then who were brilliant, but that pretty much no one knows about.

Take Paul Pena, he was completely blind by the time he was 20 and he had definitely had music in his soul...never made it big (though one of his songs was a hit for the Steve Miller Band) and got into tuvan throat singing when he was older. Really interesting story. His voice is great:

Willie Wright would be another good example:

Thanks for these Rimbaud, I'm listening right now. I don't listen to such old music often but when I do I realize that some of these guys could make great music if you plopped them down in 2016. The music would be different because of the influences but it would still be good.

Thanks for these Rimbaud, I'm listening right now. I don't listen to such old music often but when I do I realize that some of these guys could make great music if you plopped them down in 2016. The music would be different because of the influences but it would still be good.

No problem, I listen to a lot of old music so maybe my perspective is skewed a little. But definitely, some guys just have something inside them that leads to good music, that's why I don't get people that say there's no good music nowadays. There's always gonna be people like that I think.

I can't get tired of this:

Back