Little Bit of Bagwork

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Just working form and basics... I hit the bag maybe once every 2 weeks. Really need to hit the bag more.

-Need more jabs to set up punches

-Southpaw jab and right hook needs a lot of work. In this stance upper body movement in general needs a lot of work.
Also way too much leaning on the front leg.

-Still need a longer range

Last edited:
No kicks, so I will let the boxers do the critiques but: Why would you show the fan on the ceiling, and not your feet?

No kicks, so I will let the boxers do the critiques but: Why would you show the fan on the ceiling, and not your feet?
Lol I tried. Im just terrible at recording myself. Bad angle yo

So we can count the rotations per second to be sure he hasn't altered the speed of the video.

it looks like you are doing your hooks with your palm facing to the side. Arent you supposed to have it palm down?

So we can count the rotations per second to be sure he hasn't altered the speed of the video.
lol, is this what I think it is?

dat thread last month of that dude throwing spinning stuff and 100 arm punches per 10 sec)

lol, is this what I think it is?

dat thread last month of that dude throwing spinning stuff and 100 arm punches per 10 sec)

Lol yea.

This forum needs more defensive guys asking for critique so they can tell you why you're wrong for critiquing them. I'm sick of all these competent fighters.

Lol yea.

This forum needs more defensive guys asking for critique so they can tell you why you're wrong for critiquing them. I'm sick of all these competent fighters.
Do you remember this one?

Maybe more combos would be good. Also, please horizontal vid bro.

you look good to me, practice makes perfect, keep up the good work and you will surely improve.

Is this in a boxing gym or regular gym, and are you attending boxing classes?

Your jab is fine, but you should work on your food work, it looks like to me that you jab a little before you move your feet, it should be moved together. You need to work on your feet/leg work and hip rotation, thats where alot of your power comes from in your jabs. And try to get more combos 1-2 jabs, sometime 1-2-3-4.

So IMO footwork and hip rotation should be your focus, after that progress to your hooks. Jabs, footwork and hip rotation is some of the most basic a boxer should do.

Thats my 5 cents, keep up the good work mate :)

Is this in a boxing gym or regular gym, and are you attending boxing classes?

Your jab is fine, but you should work on your food work, it looks like to me that you jab a little before you move your feet, it should be moved together. You need to work on your feet/leg work and hip rotation, thats where alot of your power comes from in your jabs. And try to get more combos 1-2 jabs, sometime 1-2-3-4.

So IMO footwork and hip rotation should be your focus, after that progress to your hooks. Jabs, footwork and hip rotation is some of the most basic a boxer should do.

Thats my 5 cents, keep up the good work mate :)
Thanks for that. You pointing out the fact that im moving my arm/upper body on the jab more/sooner than my feet is a good observation. Its really obvious when I re-watch the video now. Maybe my stance needs to be a little wider/lower. I think that might help with my mobility and lagging footwork.

I filmed this video at a 24 hour fitness. I go to mma gyms but we never do bag work.

Last edited:
Good mate.

Then ask one of the coaches, if they could take 5 minutes of their time, and show you some drills, you could use to get your jab and footwork timed better, shadowboxing is actually great ( for me it was ) for some people, try to go into your footstance, then get your hands up, and jab while concentrating on moving your leg at the same time, from on the side of the room to the other. It was what that gave me the most, and then maybe after that try it out on a bag, or shadowboxing, where you move around, doing what i just told you. It took me 3-4 months to learn proberly, so don worry it will come, you are welcome to pm me videoes, if you want private advice also :)

Have a nice evening everybody.

Good mate.

Then ask one of the coaches, if they could take 5 minutes of their time, and show you some drills, you could use to get your jab and footwork timed better, shadowboxing is actually great ( for me it was ) for some people, try to go into your footstance, then get your hands up, and jab while concentrating on moving your leg at the same time, from on the side of the room to the other. It was what that gave me the most, and then maybe after that try it out on a bag, or shadowboxing, where you move around, doing what i just told you. It took me 3-4 months to learn proberly, so don worry it will come, you are welcome to pm me videoes, if you want private advice also :)

Have a nice evening everybody.
Thanks, will do for sure. I try to focus moving the front leg and jab at the same time. But I only actually do it while actively thinking about it

Let's see some more conviction in your punches with volume strikes.

Back